Part Nine

Part Nine

~Victoria~

"C'mon baby, time for bed. We're going to go see Daddy in the morning. He finally came home!" I said to Justice as I tucked her in. She smiled and grabbed her blanket.

"I love you, Mommy." She said. I smiled.

"I love you more." I kissed her forehead and left her room. I sighed and went to my room, collapsing on my bed. Everything felt like such a blur, but it wasn't a blur at the same time. I couldn't stop thinking about Trent and when he'd get back. Granted, there was a hole that would forever remain in my chest. I knew when he was gone, there were others involved. I couldn't be mad at him because we're divorced, and I know how Trent is. I still tend to miss him though. I definitely still loved him.

I got up and took a shower, getting into fresh nightclothes and reading a book in the living room on the couch with the tv on. I picked at a small bowl of fruit and sipped at a glass of water. The door bell rang. I sat my book down to get it, only to reveal Trent's smiling face. We pulled each other into a hug.

"Where's Justice?" He asked.

"She's sleeping. I told her she'd see you tomorrow. Are you hungry?" I asked.

"Always." He said. I invited him in as he hung his jacket on the coat rack near the door and shut it. He sat at the bar near the kitchen. "How'd you guys hold up?"

"Pretty good. We went and got our nails done, our hair done, went shopping, built a blanket fort and had a movie night, had a tea party, went to Chuck E. Cheese, did each other's makeup, played dress up, lots of things." I said as I made him a plate of leftovers from dinner.

"Sounds like you guys were pretty occupied." He said.

"Yeah. Were you?" I glanced at him.

"A little bit." He shrugged.

"Hm, and what does that mean?" I asked while pouring us both a glass of wine.

"Victoria, c'mon it's not--"

"I'm just curious." I said, bringing him his food then sitting next to him with our drinks.

"I know, I'm saying it's nothing just a few one night stands and a date." He shrugged and began to eat. What?

"A date?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Yeah but calm down, it's England okay? What good is a date gonna do if I live here? Calm down." He chuckled.

"So what, you like her?" I asked, in fear of his response.

"I mean I did. A little, I guess." I shrugged. I nodded.

"What was she like?" I asked.

"Pretty cool. Cute. Funny." He said. I felt like there was something else, but I didn't want to pester him.

"That's nice. I met a guy while we were out. He has a child too. His name is Nathan." I replied. "What's her's?"

"Miracle."

"She have any kids?"

"No, she's moreso focused on her career. She knows about you and Justice though." He said. I don't know why I still felt odd, but I did. I hadn't really told Nathan yet about me and Trent's status fully. "I'd like to meet this Nathan guy. I want to make sure for myself that he's okay to be around Justice." He said. I nodded.

"I'd say I want to meet this Miracle, but she's kind of a ways away." I said nervously.