Part Fifteen

~Trenton~

°A Week Later°

I headed to the locker room after a long practice to shower and change for the day. I didn't mind showering at the gym because these showers actually had some kind of privacy.

After my shower I dried off and put on my boxers, then headed to my locker to put on a pair of fresh gym shorts and a tshirt. I put on my black Nike AF1s and took my dirty clothes out of my locker and poured out the old water that was in my water bottle. I noticed the TV in the background.

"Hey Larson, turn that TV up." I called to him. He was the closest to the TV.

"We've gotten intel that a closely bonded person to the victim discussed in last week's airing left the country shortly after the incident, further puzzling investigators. 25 year old Donna Davis, partner to British millionaire Winston Russell have been discovered to have taken a flight from the country. Davis was one of the last to see Reed alive and was reported by neighbors to be seen at the crime scene directly before departing with Russell in their car. Forensics documented a set of almost fresh fingerprints in Reeds car and home directly at the time of the incident. This has turned into more than an accident for investigators, and if you see or think you may have seen Donna Davis or Winston Russell in the US, again please call the number below."

"Holy....shit." I said out loud, involuntarily. Everyone looked at me. "I'll see you guys at practice Saturday." I grabbed my bag and my car keys and sped walked out of the gym and into the parking lot, toward my car. My phone began to ring as I started my car.

"Hey what's up?" I asked as I connected my phone to the car's bluetooth and dropped it into the cup holder. I shifted into drive and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Hey, are you out of practice?" Miracle's sweet voice said.

"Yeah, I actually just left."

"Oh okay good. I was hoping we could catch a movie tonight?"

"Uh, that's a big maybe. I have to um...go by my sister's for a little while. I'm heading there now." I replied.

"Oh...okay. Well hopefully I'll see you afterward?" She asked.

"Of course. I'll keep in touch, I'll let you know when I get back to the house."

"Okay. See you in a little while, bye." She said. We hung up.

I don't know why I had so much anxiety build up when I talked to her and came into contact with her. I was totally on board with taking things slow but at the same time, I wanted to totally rule her world. Everything about her was just so radiant; she had a light around her that couldn't be replicated. Everything about her was just so pure and sophisticated. I couldn't focus on her adorable dimples or perfect smile for too long without getting angry over Donna. What the hell had she been getting into out in England?

I pulled up to the large condo her and Winston were renting while they were here. It was beautiful and very spacious. I buzzed in at the front door and it unlocked. I went up the long set of stairs and to the front door, ringing the door bell twice. The door opened a few seconds later, revealing Donna with a new haircut. I was pretty taken by surprise. She wore an oversized sweater and no bottoms, just socks.