Chapter 11: Rosalie

Rosie had only been asleep for twenty minutes when she heard a loud bang. She shot up, automatically conjuring fire in her hands. Slipping out her bed, she crept down the hall. Lily was already there, her face anxious. It was clear she hadn't fallen asleep since they'd said goodnight.

    Renegades, she mouthed.

    Rosie gaped at her sister. How?

She shrugged. Closing her eyes, Lily pointed her index finger at a renegade. Rosie watched as vines grew from the ground, wrapping themselves around the woman's leg. The woman gave a yelp as she was pulled to the ground. The others looked at her quizzically, then let out shouts of horror as they saw her being wrapped in fines. Lily clenched her fist, and the vines closed around the renegade's face, leaving her with no way to breathe.

"Where are they?" a man asked, his voice panicked.

Rosie and Lily pressed themselves against the walls of the hallway as the three conscious renegades looked around the room.

"Sketch," said one of them into her wristband. "Get up here. We have to get Skye to the tent."

She and the man picked up the unconscious woman, Skye, and left the room.

"We need to go," Rosie said nervously.

Lily shook her head, a small smile spreading across her face. "Wait."

"Lil'!"

Lily put a finger to her lips, grinning.
Rosie glared at her, then turned back towards the front door. She watched as Adrian Everhart, Nova Artino, Caroline Westwood, and Danna Bell walked into the room. They all were holding a gun up, pointing it at different corners throughout the room.

"Liliana and Rosalie Scott," Adrian said loudly. "We know you're in here. Come out, and we won't hurt you."

Fire, mouthed Lily.
Rosie gave a sharp nod, rolling her eyes. Flames shot up from the doorway to the living room. She created another firewall, tall enough to keep the Renegades from getting to them, but short enough that they could see. She lowered the temperature for Lily.

"Hello, Renegades," she said loudly, stepping out from against the wall.

The four teenagers were back-to-back, each aiming their weapons somewhere. They all jumped when Rosie spoke.

"Rosalie," Adrian said, lowering his gun. "We need to talk to you and your sister."

"Don't call me Rosalie," she snapped. "And no, we are not talking."

"Fine, Inferno," he replied, his tone just as sharp.

"Inferno, I know how you feel," said Nova. "This hatred, it will eat you from the inside. And once you do get your revenge, who knows if you'll be satisfied."

Rosie heard Lily let out a quiet snort.
"Well, Nightmare, unlike you, we never betrayed the Anarchists."

"You never were Anarchists!"

"Shut up!" Lily stepped out from the wall and glared at them.

The renegades froze.

"You don't get to say what our allegiances are," she shouted. "Especially with your history, Nova Artino." She looked at Rosie, her face twisted in anger. Her head jerked towards the back.

Rosie understood her meaning. They had to get out of there.

She thrusted her hands up and all the fire shot up. The renegades inside screamed, but she ignored them. She and Lily ran to the back, where a broken window was. Lily summoned a vine and the two sisters climbed down. They didn't look back as they ran down the alleyway and into the streets of Gatlon City.

(hi besties! thanks for 600+ views! so the end of the school years coming up and we don't have exams but there is quite a bit of work to do lol so i might not post everyday. luckily, only 9 more days until summer break and i will hopefully have chapters for y'all everyday! i expect this story will be finished mid june, and after that will be Daydreams, the sequel to Nightmares. hope you all are having good days and ily)