Chapter 2: Adrian

Nightmare hauled Adrian to his feet. He struggled to think about what he could do. He was at least a half foot taller than her. But he'd seen her fight.

He felt something hard pressed against his back.

"Walk," Nightmare hissed. "Or I'll shoot."

He didn't doubt her. He could hear his friends on the roof above.

"Where'd Adrian go?"Oscar yelled.

"Oscar, clear the smoke, please." Danna said.

"Danna. Oscar. Nightmares gone." Ruby's voice was urgent.

His friend's calls faded away as Nightmare pushed him down alleyways.

Eventually, they arrived at an empty warehouse. The villains lair?

It was empty inside, except for a single chair. Nightmare pushed him into it, then took some rope out of her belt.

Adrian started to stand slowly. He could make a run for it. But before he could take a single step, he heard a click. He turned his head towards Nightmare. She was aiming a gun at him. Ropes in the other hand.

"Take a seat, or you'll get to meet my friends. They like Renegades just as much as I do. Maybe less," she said cooly. He had the odd sense that she was smiling under that metal mask of hers.

"Your... friends?" he asked cautiously.

"Oh yes. Not friends... more like family. Well, most of them. Phobias a bit... introverted."

So Nightmare was working with the Anarchists. That would be good information for when he got out of here.

"My team will be here soon, you know," Adrian said. "They'll find me. Or my Dads will be here. You do know who my dads are, right?"

"I'm not stupid. I want you dads to find us. When I'm ready. Queen Bee will be here any moment to help formulate the plan, then she'll watch over you while I fetch your wristband."

And just then, like it had been rehearsed, Honey Harper, or Queen Bee, as the rest of the world knew her, waltzed into the room.

"Little Nightmare! I got your message! And is that the  boy? Darling, you are becoming a wonderful villain. You didn't tell me what happened though. Only you had the boy as a hostage," Queen Bee said, smiling sweetly.

A wasp flew from Honey's shoulder and landed on Adrians nose.

"Come on, Honey. Let's get to work," Nightmare said.