Chapter 5: Liliana

As Lily helped Rosie to her feet, she heard Adrian Everhart tell Oscar Silva, Narcissa Cronin, and the other boy, Andrew, to get Camo back to Renegade Headquarters. That meant that she and her sister would be in a four on two fight, with some of the best fighters in the Renegades. Nova Artino, Ruby Tucker, Danna Bell, and Everhart.

"Don't get caught," was what she whispered to her little sister.

Rosie nodded, a grin slowly spreading across her face.

The four remaining Renegades advanced. Adrian was making gestures with his hands, and the other three seemed to understand the meaning. Everhart and Red Assassin came towards Lily, while Nova and Monarch went to Roise.

Lily hoped that her sister could handle the two very well trained Renegades. Danna had defeated her easily, but that was just because she had the upper hand, and the advantage of surprise. Rosie would be fine. She would have to be fine.

Lily took out two knives from her belt, smiling. Stabbing Ruby wouldn't do anything. Her blood would just crystallize, and the weapon would make life harder for Lily. Adrian was an easier target.

"I recognize you from the parade," Adrian said, his dark eyes narrowed in contemplation.

"Really? How interesting. It's nice to know the Renegades are more observant than they seem," Lily responded. She tossed one of her knives into the air, catching it flawlessly.

"Why are you two disrupting the peace? Everything's been so quiet since the battle. Why do you have to ruin it?" Ruby asked, her bloodstone glinting.

"What's life without a little adventure?" Lily asked.

She heard a shriek from where Rosie was fighting Nova and Danna. She turned around, and saw Danna roll to the ground, her uniform catching fire.

Something slammed into her back, and she fell to the ground, groaning. She rolled over and saw Sketch and Red Assassin standing over her.

"You really shouldn't turn your back on your enemies," said Ruby, smiling.

So that had been a mistake. Lily channeled her frustration, and vines started to creep out of the ground, wrapping around Ruby's body, sending her crashing to the ground. The girl screamed as they started to wrap around her throat, until Lily silenced her.

She got to her feet, leaving Adrian staring in shock as Ruby writhed around, trying to free herself.

Lily glanced over at Rosie, who was summoning a wall of flames to surround her opponents.

The next thing she heard was the click of a gun, and saw Everhart aiming the pistol at her. He strode forward, and Lily was too shocked to move. He spun her around, and pressed the gun to her temple.

"Wildflower," he said slowly and quietly. "Release Red Assassin, right now, or I will shoot you."

Red had stopped trying to get out of her bonds, and had gone limp, possibly passed out.

"Make your decision, Wildflower. Life or death."