Epilogue

FAY

The coffee warmed it's way down my throat as I sat crossed leg on the comfy couch. The temperature in the room was as warm as it had always been. The tick tock sound the clock made, filled my ears and the smell of the hot coffee in my grip, filled the room.

Karen sat in front of me, crossing her legs and smiling. "You look better." She started.

A smile grazed my lips.

I knew I looked better.

"I feel better too." I said with a smile. "My life is back on track and I couldn't ask for anything more."

"I like the sound of that, Fay. how's Elroy."

My smile widened. Just thinking of him filled me with this unexplainable joy. "Elroy is better. Far more better, and fine. Very fine."

"How's the relationship coming up? Would you say it was better than before of far more better... Or do you still think there's something missing?"

I took in a deep breath, the smile refusing to erase from my face. "Oh, Karen you have no idea how perfect everything is now. I don't know when things started falling to place, but- but you were right... He came around eventually and it has been the best thing ever. We talk more, we go on dates, he takes random pictures now and I think he has an obsession with his jawline. He doesn't get mood swings in the morning and he always waits for me to wake up before he leaves... Something about seeing me awake and reminding himself that I was real. Everything's just so great now."

Karen grinned. "I can't tell you how happy I am for you. I knew it would take time, but I knew it would happen. That was exactly why I told you not to give up. I'm glad you're happy."

"Yeah... I am too. And I want to thank you for making me stall. If I had given up, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to be with him, or to feel the way I feel now."

She smiled. "How's the memorial planning coming up?"

"Pretty good. The boys are helping him out with the program since he never attended any before. And everyone seems to be okay."

"Seems?"

"Yeah... I mean, Cade has this thing going on with his uh- the-"

"Mabel?" She helped out.

"Yes, Mabel. You know how he is with his emotions... He's pretty good at masking them so I can't really tell if he's okay with her return and everything."

Karen sighed. "Yeah, it can be hard. He loved her and she dumped him."

"Left him standing in the alter. Do you think he'd ever forgive her for that?" I asked.

Karen relaxed back on her seat. "Honestly Fay, I don't know. Cade's like this box that doesn't have an opening. It's really hard for you to see him... The real him. So we can only hope he finds peace or closure."

"Yeah we can only hope. Damien on the other hand, has this thing going on with his Ex- wife. Amy, who had a daughter with him and I don't think he's willing to let that go. He wants his daughter back at all cost and I know he'd do anything to get her... So I can't really say if he's okay." I said.

"How about Rhea?" Karen asked, genuinely curious.

"I'm pretty sure you'd have heard about the recent scandal. It's all over the news." I said, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Yeah... Rhea can be short tempered at times."

"Yup. Now everyone thinks she hates the poor. Damien's handling that now though, Elroy was equally pissed and he called her earlier today. You don't wanna know how that played out."