~8~

ELROY

"The project file just came in." Carter announced as he handed me the file. "You're going to be paired with Judy Devon industry, Tai Lee Dun Industry and Yvonne Deere's industry. The project is going to close up in Four months time. This is a huge one." Carter grinned.

I rolled my eyes. "I know, my only problem is why Yvonne Deere is involved. Sparks is way better than that stupid industry."

"But you gotta do what you gotta do for business... Sparks would get the higher purchase anyway, I don't see why you're worried." Carter said.

I wasn't worried, I just didn't want Yvonne to participate in the merging collection program.

The merge program was hosted every two years and I always got the highest purchase, ranks and new customers. The merging program was a huge deal to me and other industries from all around the world.

"Whatever. How far are the designers? Have they gotten anything different?"

"Yes, they're already halfway through the project." Carter responded.

"Half way? That's not good enough."

"It's better not to put pressure into the whole issue. If you want to win this year's merge program, you have to let them do their jobs." Carter said.

"Okay."

"And uh- Maybe you should ask Fay for help." Carter suggested.

He was right, Fay wasn't just a model, she also had different ideas for all kinds of collection, it was also one reason why I didn't want her working with Yvonne. She might be too nice to offer her ideas for free. Fay was dumb like that.

Her ideas were awesome actually, they were different... But I would never tell her that, neither would I ever ask her for help... It has never happened and it will never happen.

Elroy Chesterfield never asks for help.

"Why would you even suggest that?" I asked Carter.

"Well, because she's good. And you know that."

"She's an amateur." I lied.

"Right. Only you would say that... Come on, what's the big deal? It's only for business right? If you wanna get high purchase this year, then you gotta stop showing people what they expect to see from you." Carter smiled. "I'll be outside if you need me." He left my office.

Relaxing back in my chair, I sighed.

Carter was right again, but I was not ready to follow his advice. I have never needed help, and I will never need help.

Few hours later, I walked into my mansion, tired and exhausted. I was about to climb up the rolarcoster stairs when Fay bumped into me.

On purpose.

"Oh, you're back... And you look tired." She said, eyeing me before trying to take my tie off. I pulled back immediately.

My eyes scanned her appearance unintentionally.

She was wearing a black skin tight leather dress... It stopped exactly at her mid thigh, showing off curves that could make any man's head go wild!

Her hair was styled differently, the usual wavy curls were gone, it was now straight and long, parted at the middle.

"Where are you going?" My mouth blurted the question before I could control my words.

"Oh," she looked down at herself. "Lucas invited me to dinner, at his family house... He dropped me off not too long ago."

"You went on a date with Lucas?" I asked in amusement.

"Not a date, We were together with his family, it was amazing... He also has this little sister, Stacy... She's like obsessed with you." She grinned.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going out?" I asked her.

"You weren't exactly around, Elroy."

"There's a reason why you have a mobile phone." I stated, getting pissed.

"Elroy it was just a dinner with family. Why are you acting like it's a big deal?"

"A dinner with family? And you're dressed like a stripper? That's an odd setting." I said before I could think my words through.

"How dare you? How's this in any way- what is the matter with you Elroy? It's not like you're concerned or jealous about this... Or are you?"

"I'm not... I'm worried about what would be published in tomorrow's paper! Or the latest headlines of every fucking magazine. You went out with Lucas, dressed like a porn star! What do you expect people to think?" I yelled.

Her jaw clenched. "Don't speak to me this way Elroy... It's not fair, neither is it what you should be saying to a lady! A lady who's your girlfriend!" She yelled back.

My eyes wandered around, to find some workers staring at our direction.

I held Fay's wrist. "Come on." I said, pulling her up the stairs with me.

When we got to our room, I bolted the door.

I looked back at Fay to see tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Okay, why are you crying now?" I asked her.

"You called me porn star, Elroy... You don't just get to call me names that I'm not... It's not nice. I don't like it."

"So what? I should apologize?" Disbelief blessed my question.

"Yes, yes you should." She said with gritted teeth.

"No." I stated. "I shouldn't. And you know why? It's because I'm right... You should seek permission from me before you even think of doing anything."

"Why? Because you carry a title as my boyfriend?"

"That, and because you don't just get to go out on dinners with people who work for me. I don't allow and can't allow that. You're my girlfriend, I should be the one taking you out for dinners and dates and stuff, not some employee of mine."

"Oh really? Maybe if you start picking up your responsibilities as a boyfriend, maybe by then I'd stop going out to dine with your employee."

I remained quiet after her words.

"You don't treat me like a girlfriend Elroy! You don't put efforts into this relationship. You don't do anything to give me hope that you at least care about me."

"Well maybe that's because I don't care," I said. "I don't give two fucks about you."

"Then it's settled then... You shouldn't care about me going out with your employees now." She said, making a move away from me but I held her arm and pulled her to face me.

"I might not care about you, but I at least care about the after math of your mistakes! My grandma would be devastated if she gets to know about your little affair with Lucas."

She shrugged her arms away from my grip. "I hate you." She finally said, making her way to the walk-in closet.

"The feeling is mutual." I muttered. Suddenly couldn't wait for the brunch.