33

FAY

I turned for what seemed like the hundredth time, the bed seemed to be overly uncomfortable without Elroy beside me. I had suddenly gotten used to him beside me, every night. His distant warmth, his gentle breathing.

I turned again, adjusting the covers, and glancing at the bedside table clock. It was 11PM already.

I groaned slightly, realizing he wasn't going to sleep here tonight. Was he avoiding me?

What did I even say to him?

It wasn't anything serious! Why would he want to avoid me because I pointed out the obvious? I shouldn't have said anything! I got too comfortable talking to him that I forgot I was actually talking to Elroy Chesterfield.

Turning again, I sighed.

At least he's home. Better than him not even being at home.

Maybe he wasn't avoiding me. Maybe he just had too much work to do. That's probably it. The pre merge program is only two weeks away. He was only trying to cover up before the program drew near.

But- he always stuck to his bedtime schedule. 10:30 on the dot. It's way past 10:30, still he wasn't done working yet.

Maybe I should go check on him. His study was just four doors down. I'll just go, maybe see how he's doing and I don't know- convince him to come back to bed.

How's it any of your business if he doesn't want to sleep now?

This shouldn't bother me. If anything, I should be glad that I have the room all to myself. Right? That's what I've always wanted right?

That was before... Before I started developing feelings for him.

I groaned, sitting up. "What's the harm in just checking up on him?" I voiced out my thoughts.

"It's what a good girl friend would do." I said again, trying to convince myself.

Nothing wrong can come out of it.

I felt my heart hammer against my chest. "Fay, you need to not be scared. He's your boyfriend, you both are in a relationship. You have a say. The worst he'd do is dismiss you. Take control." I encouraged myself.

Getting up from the bed, I slipped on my bedroom slippers, then headed for his study.

As usual, I didn't knock, I just pushed the door gently, not to startle him. His study was really dark, due to the light. It was switched off?

Why did he switch off the lights? Last I checked, he wasn't a fan of dark places.

Reaching beside me, I found the switch.  Turning on the light.

I squinted my eyes due to the sudden brightness in his study, Finding him raising his head sleepily with squinted eyes. It was obvious that he had been sleeping on what looked to be his sketch pad.

So maybe I was right... He was avoiding me.

"What's this El? Sleeping in your study just because you're trying to avoid me?"

He scrunched his Brows. "What are you talking about?" He asked rubbing his face as he closed his laptop. "What time is it?" He asked, after blinking his eyes back to reality.

I rolled my eyes. "Past eleven."

"Shit. Must have slept off." He said to himself. "I was working on the remaining designs, I guess I lost track of time."

"That's why you left Sparks without me today."

He looked confused now. "What are you talking about? I thought you had left already."