36

FAY

  "Okay, El... When you said the both of us were going to be working together, I thought you actually meant we'd be working together." I finally voiced out when I couldn't take the silence anymore.

I was sitting on his seat while he made himself comfortable on the visitors seat in front of me, legs crossed on top the table with a bowl of freshly picked strawberry on his belly, as he chewed on them one by one, lazily resting his head back on the chair.

I had managed to draw out one design and now I was getting tired.

"We are working together." He said.

"How? You're busy eating strawberries while I do all the work." I pointed out.

"I thought we agreed on you drawing out the first three designs while I handle the other two?"

"Why do I have to handle three?" I asked.

He smiled, raising his head. "Because princess, there's a reason why I'm the CEO and you, the employee." He rested his head back on the chair.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not just an employee... I'm a popular model who happened to sign a contract with your company and who is currently dating the owner of it."

"Ouuu... Feisty." He said, throwing another berry into his mouth. I still wonder why he loved strawberries so much!

"You should be helping. I'm already developing a head ache, I've been doing nothing but thinking all day."

"Do you need a head massage?" He asked.

"Like you could give one." I scoffed.

His eyes widened, as he raised his head again. "What's that supposed to mean? I give a killer massage."

"I don't believe you. Only romantic men give the best massage."

He cocked a brow. "Hm, I'm guessing Jayden Collins was really romantic." He muttered, popping another berry into his mouth.

I flushed. "Back to bringing up my ex, are we?" I said.

He only shrugged. "I'm curious."

"He was really romantic, treated me like a princess."

"Oh I see... So why did you end things with him?"

It was my turn to shrug. "Well, that's my personal business."

I said, knowing fully well that there were different stories pertaining our break up cause we decided to keep it a secret. This was one annoying thing about the internet. They make up false rumors just to sate their burning desire for gossip.

"I respect that." He said. "Do you still talk to him?"

I bit my lower lip on impulse, pulling my hair behind my ears as I noticed his swotting gaze on me. "Yeah... Sometimes, he texts to see how I'm doing."

"Okay." He said tersely. Then and there, I knew he wasn't happy with my answer.

"But it's only once in a while, you know... Everyone's moved on." I said, to lighten up the atmosphere.