45

ELROY

   "Wow, two brothers in one day," Cade said, pulling the door widely so I could come in. when I got in, he closed the door, "are we here to kick off the apocalypse?" He asked.

As soon as I got into the small house, I was immediately engulfed with warmth, due to the fireplace at a corner in his sitting room. His house smelled like burning wood mixed with his infamous apple cologne.

It felt warm and really homely.

Cade's house was the smallest in all of the Chesterfields properties. I still wondered why he decided to get an apartment made only for himself. He had no bodyguards, no maids, no neighbors around the corner, not even a chef in sight.

I knew he didn't do too well with company, but- he was supposed to make an effort. Locking himself up in a cage wasn't going to change anything for him.

My gaze swept towards Damien who was seated on Cade's couch with his legs crossed on the table in front of him. When he noticed me, he smirked. "Well, isn't this the ideal family reunion?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, sitting on the couch opposite him. While Cade just stood, staring at the both of us. "What are you both even doing here?"

"Before I answer your question, do you have one of those beers? I could use one right now." I said, sounding exhausted.

"Yeah, me too." Damien chipped in.

Cade groaned, his brows coming together to form a light frown. "Tell me you both aren't spending the night."

"Get the freaking beers, Cade." I said without much strength.

Reluctantly, Cade strolled to the kitchen which wasn't very far from his sitting room.

Damien eyed me stylishly, taking a short glance towards the direction Cade had gone to, before sweeping his gaze back to me. "Are you spending the night?" He asked.

I cocked a brow at him in question. "Are you spending the night?" I replied with a question of my own.

His chest heaved up heavily before relaxing with a smooth sigh. He raked his fingers through his hair. "I think so."

I nodded. "Then I'm spending the night." I muttered. "Fay's at her mother's."

Cade took that time to stroll into the sitting room. He dropped three opened beers on the table, grabbing one and taking his seat too. Not before hitting Damien slightly on his foot. Gesturing him to get his feet off his table.

"You guys should have called, maybe to inform me about your visit before visiting. I heard that's what normal people do these days." He said, taking a swig of his beer.

I stretched forward, picking up a bottle. "Stop whining about it, I know deep down you're glad we're here." I smirked, bringing the bottle to my lips.

Damien placed his feet down, picking  up the last bottle from the table. "I wanted to call, Cade. But then I thought I might just surprise you."

A scowl made it's way to Cade's face, displaying his irritation towards Damien's remark. "I hate surprises."

"You hate everything." I cut in, earning a glare. "Can I get a glass and three ice-"