~1~

FAY

IT WAS DIFFICULT TO see my reflection in the mirror across from me. It was also hard to tell how many hands were busy working on my body to make sure I looked exactly the way I was supposed to look for the first half of the shoot. I had four more looks to get into, so I didn't bother about the whole frenzy movements all around me.

There was a hairstylist on my hair, making the final touches to the straight strands, there was a make-up artist rushing underneath the hairstylist in order to get to my face where he applied the last layer of powder, there was a designer trying to make sure the crystal buttons on the collar of the shirt I wore was in the appropriate angle, there was the footwear fixer buckling up the new heels I was supposed to be modeling at exactly...

"Fay, you're on in five minutes." A familiar face and voice popped into my dressing room.

"Thanks, Cam, I'll be right out." I told him, feeling the tiredness descend on me.

I was about to do it again, put up a smile for the camera, as always. Not that I minded; I had come too far to mind it or even complain about it, and there was no one I could complain to. I was used to this life, used to pretending that I was at my happiest in front of the camera, used to being okay with looking pretty all the time and eating things that helped maintain my body figure.

My mother would say it was worth it because that was the only way to keep the fame and money going. Ever since I was sixteen, it had been her dream to make me a big star, she always told me that my pretty face would take me places.

Then again, I wouldn't lie and say that I didn't completely enjoy the attention I got from the fame, the pictures, the parties, the expensive life style; it was all an addictive high that I sure as hell wasn't going to get enough of. Honestly, if anyone looked close enough, they would see that my life was a complicated mess. A bittersweet complicated mess.

As if to remind me of the bitter aspect, my phone began vibrating again. Elroy's name flashing on the screen, just like it had been doing since I walked into YDI. I'd lost count of the number of times he had called, and I knew he would probably not get the message that I was not going to pick up until I was done working.

Sighing, I ignored it for the hundredth time.

"He's probably missing you so much." said the make-up artist.

"Yeah."  I answered with a well-practiced smile. "He's just bugging me on purpose. He does that."

"It's cute." Said the footwear guy.

"He's the best." I responded with that same smile, watching the phone ring until it cut off, going back to my lock screen before the light dimmed. He would be furious.

It was times like these that I remember the first time we actually talked. It was a blind date Elroy's grandmother organized, turns out she was a close friend of my mom and they both thought it would be good to you know—set us up.

It didn't work out because I ended up blessings his face with the remaining content of my red wine. We hated and still hate each other. It was what you would call a—a okay, I'll put it like this. Hate at first sight.

And that was three years ago.

So apparently, Three years and painfully counting, Elroy and I were still the most attractive couple to ever grace the world of glamour, fashion and celebrities. My career went to the peak after the announcement about our relationship was made, I had an influx of endorsement deals, new followers on my social media, and a massive house we bought together in Fisher Island, Miami.