Chapter 9, Heart

Hailey's POV

After taking Matt's hand, I turn towards father and Anna. With a small smile I chime in,

“i'll walk Matt out to his car.”

Father nods, we walk away. I could feel the tensions were starting to grow. We walk out of the house with smiles after going through the front door. We quietly continue towards Matt's car, tears were forming in my eyes. Matt takes me into his arms, with a soft chuckle he says.

“Sush my little one. Maybe in the natural we're not married, but in our hearts we can be.” I smile at his words,

“I can relate to that. i'm so glad that i'll see you at work. I do have a strong feeling that father will make me go on dates. But I will make it crystal clear it's friendship only. You're the only one that has my heart, please know that. I won't let them break us up. I love you.”

Matt chuckles, as he leans in kissing me. I could feel that someone was watching us, I lock eyes with Matt, his eyes were dancing .

“I love you too.  Let's make it real for Anna is watching. Let's have lunch tomorrow. Maybe go bowling afterwards.” I nod, as i receive  a deep passionate kiss. Matt then gets into his car with a smile,

“See you tomorrow at 11am. I love you.” I give him a rueful smile, as he drives away. I walk up to the townhouse, glaring at Anna as I pass her.

“Did you enjoy the show?” I ask in a mocking tone, causing Anna to grab my arm hissing at her.

“Watch your tone with me, young lady. Matt will have to understand that you'll be dating others.” I scoff at her words,

“Well, whatever I have plans with Matt at 11am. I have a job on Monday.” I state as I break away from Anna, receiving a scowl from her.

“Make sure you're back by 5pm. You have a double date with us and Hunter Anderson.”

I wanted to  laugh, but held it back. What I knew of Hunter, he was obsessed with me. This was going to be a nightmare. I shrug my shoulders, heading towards my room. I walk into it to unpack my clothes.  Father follows me in, clears his throat.

“Hailey, we need to discuss in more detail about your dating.” As I put some of clothes away, I chime in.

“As long as I can still date  Matt as well, I don't care who you put in front of me. i'll only promise  the first date, nothing beyond that. How does feel to date others on your end?” Father sighs at these words,

“You were  clever by drawing me and Anna into the deal.” Father says with a grimace, I had to softly chuckle.

“What's the  matter, father? Does it feel a little unfair? Now you know how I feel. We both have to wait. i've dated Matt as long as you have dated Anna. i'm sure you love her, just as much as I love Matt.” Father frowns at this, he cups my chin forcing me to  lock eyes with my father.

“Listen here, young lady. You will be giving Hunter Anderson a fair chance. We're having a double date tomorrow evening with Hunter.”  I furrow my brow at him,

“Are you going to date someone else as well?” Father downcast lowers his eyes, then returns the gaze as stoic and stern.

“That isn't your concern, I will wait to marry Anna in a year.” I started laughing at this,

“Maybe we can have a double wedding…. i'll be marrying Matt.” Now father's brow is furrowed, he clears his throat.

“Or maybe you'll be marrying Hunter.” This causes me to chuckle again,