Chapter 3, Pain

Carson's POV

I walk out of Hailey's bedroom, I have to say I was surprise at my harshness towards her. I was  so angry at her and Chance. I know I shouldn't of taken my anger out like that, but I did. I went to my study to work, the jet was under repairs so it would be a few days before Jax and I could leave for Miami. As I work in the study, I see the picture of my children. I wish with my heart that Heather was here, she would keep me grounded. I really do miss her, Charles clears his throat as he stands in the doorway.

“Penny for your thoughts, father?” I give him a small smile,

“I was thinking of your mother. I really do miss her. And now Chance.” Charles frowns,

“What is up with Chance?” Charles asks with keen interest, I cough to assist with clearing my throat.

That's aa huge misunderstanding between me and him. He went to see Uncle Caleb and Aunt Dakota for some space. I will be leaving in a few days to bring him back.” Charles looks at me confused,

“What is it about him thinking they were his parents? I overheard Him and Hailey speaking on the phone, they had no idea I overheard them.” I shake my head, this was spinning out of control. I can't believe it.

“Chance is lashing out and rebelling. The reason there's a lot of tension. See Dakota carried Chance as surrogate. We had a fight to get him, he was a little over a year when we finally got him. So not to confuse Chance, when we visit we kept him with grandparents.” Charles frowns, I squeeze his shoulder as he speaks.

That's aa huge misunderstanding between me and him. He went to see Uncle Caleb and Aunt Dakota for some space. I will be leaving in a few days to bring him back.” Charles looks at me confused,

“What is it about him thinking they were his parents? I overheard Him and Hailey speaking on the phone, they had no idea I overheard them.” I shake my head, this was spinning out of control. I can't believe it.

“Chance is lashing out and rebelling. The reason there's a lot of tension. See Dakota carried Chance as surrogate. We had a fight to get him, he was a little over a year when we finally got him. So not to confuse Chance, when we visit we kept him with grandparents.” Charles frowns, I squeeze his shoulder as he speaks.

“Father, I can understand why you did that. Why is he there now?” Charles asks in interest, questions, questions why so many?

“Because Uncle Caleb ran into Chance at the attorney conference. He started whispering lies into his ears, And he believes them, so he took off. i'm going to Miami to put things right, and bring Chance home.” Charles nods, as he turns to leave he says.

“Good luck with all of that. Where's Hailey?” I clear my throat, as I answer with a stern tone.

“I had to punish her, Hailey is grounded to a locked bedroom until further notice. She needs to reflect on her behavior.”

I exhale frustration, as I close the door after I see Charles out. I take out my phone, dialing Jax’s number. He answers the phone fairly quickly.

“Hello Carson, how are you?” Jax's calm voice comes over the line,

“Jax, thanks for answering. i'm very frustrated and angry.” Jax clears his throat, I wanted to continue but wasn't sure how.

“Carson, what's going on? i'm here for you?” Jax soothing words come over the line, easing my scattered thoughts.

“Thanks Jax, I appreciate this. Hailey and Chance are out of control right now. Hailey is now grounded to her room. Charles is asking questions, but I believe I got him calmed down.” Jax softly groans, I shake my head.