Chapter 7, Working Girl

Andrew's POV

Hailey nods with a smile at my question of getting  started. I return the smile back to  her,

“Please know that you will learn a lot in this position. May will teach and show you everything while she's still here. You will be my personal assistant, as well as Matt's on the three days that he's here.” Hailey looks at us with interest,

“Do you have any questions for us?” May asks in a gentle voice, Hailey smiles with a nod before speaking.

“I am very willing to learn quickly. I was desiring to study business, i'm great with computers.” Hailey chimes in, I had to say was impressed especially after seeing her school records.

“That's good to know. With us being a tech business, continuing education is strongly encouraged. The company will help pay. How does your father feel about you working here?” Hailey frowns deeply, then puts on a rueful smile.

“He doesn't know i'm applying. He's trying to desolve my marriage to Matt. Says i'm too young to be married. Wants us both to date other people. I have no desire to date anyone else. I really love him.” Hailey sadly relates, I slowly nod.x.                        

“You'll see him a lot here, plus there will be times I need to go to Miami. If he's working those days down there, i'll tell your father I need you to go for business reasons. We'll do everything to assist the two of you to be strong. I work with your father from time to time.” Hailey seems to become more relax after hearing where I was coming from..

“When would you like me to start?” I softly chuckle, as May and Hailey stand up, ready to leave the   the HR department to get everything set up to start on Monday. If your father has any questions, have him call me.   Does he want you to be in law?” Hailey looks down, but gives me a sad smile.

 “Yes sir, he does. Chase and Charles do like law, but not me. it's boring to me. i'd rather hack into something.” I sit back into my chair, crossing my legs with a smirk.

“It's going to be interesting to see your talents bloom as you work here. Now go, the sooner you get things done you and Matt can have fun before he has to take you home.”

 I watch May and Hailey leave, heading to the HR department to do business there. Ten minutes later, Matt walks in with a concern expression. I motion for him to take a seat across from me. I try to size Matt up, but he's been difficult to read.

“Were you able to get things squared away?” I ask in interest, Matt looks down at his drink,  then he quietly responds.

“I got everything working smoothly. What did you think of Hailey for May’s position?” I couldn't help but smile as I think of the meeting. I clear my throat.

“Matt, though she's young , she seems eager to work. I was impressed by the grades she has. She desires to continue her education. She seems to be sweet and hungry. Does she really hack?”

Matt nods with a smile, the expression tells me he's thinking of her fondly. He takes a drink before he answers my question.

“I've seen her hack a few times. But nothing huge, she seems to be able to unlock things pretty quickly. I was hoping that she could be a asset to our company.” I was glad  we were on the same page,

“This is going to be a challenging year for the two of you.”  Matt closes his eyes, when he opens his eyes seem sad.

“I know. I desire to do everything to keep Hailey close to me.” I smile at Matt,

“Brother, count me in. i'll do all that I can.”  I tell him as we wait for Hailey. ***

Carson's POV