ventit­­ré

[unedited]  

15th January

// Luke POV //

When my mom and Ashton's mom both walk through the doors to the ICU waiting room, I stand instantly and throw my arms around my mom, unable to hold back my emotions any longer. I sob quietly into her shoulder and she rubs my back soothingly. I hear Jen talking to Ashton's mom, so I don't really worry about showing my emotions (even though Jen's already seen me cry, but still).

Suddenly, several doctors rush through the waiting room and in the direction of Ashton's room, and I start to panic. Anne runs after them, needing to know what is happening.

"What if-" I start, but Liz cuts me off.

"It might not even be him sweetheart, don't worry."

I sit down on the same chair that I've been sitting on for the past few days, and covered my face with my hands. The past few days have been nothing but stressful. Jen sits on the chair beside me, and once I've moved my hands, she rests her head on my shoulder and links our fingers together. The gesture calms me down significantly, and I let go of the breath that I wasn't aware I was holding.

I see mom looking down at us with a warm smile on her face, and I give her a small smile back.

"Oh, shit, you guys haven't met yet." I blurt out, and mom narrows her eyes. She hates it when I swear.

"Mom, this is Jen, Jen, this is my mum, Liz." I tell them both, and they give each other a quick hug.

"It's a shame about the conditions, but it's so nice to finally meet you." Jen says, and I smile.

Suddenly Ashton's mom comes back into the room, and the look of relief on her face is obvious.

"It wasn't him." She informs us, and we all feel abated. Anne turns to Jen and I, a concerned expression upon her face.

"You guys, back to the hotel. Now." She orders, and I go to tell her that I can't, I have to stay, just incase something happens with Ashton.

"No offence, but you both look like shit. Send Calum and Michael over, and for the love of monkeys, get some sleep." She tells us. I groan but Jen nods in agreement, before standing up beside me and offering her hand. I grab it and intertwine our fingers, and we finally leave the small ICU waiting room.

--------------------------------

[[[[WARNING: SMUT!!!!!!]]]]

As soon as Michael and Calum have left, we step into our bedroom for the first time in two days. I push Jen against the door and smirk down at her, and her cheeks suddenly tint a light shade of pink, and she chews on her bottom lip as her hazel-green eyes look into my own blue ones. In this light, they've changed to a forest green and they are just beautiful.

Once I press my lips against hers, any of the stress and worry from the past week just vanishes. All I can think about is her; her hair, her eyes, her skin, the adorable freckle just below her left eye, the way her hands feel in mine, her smile, her voice.

As soon as the thought of her voice enters my mind, I hear a quiet moan from her throat as I press myself against her.

"Luke?" She whispers as I pull away to catch my breath.

"Hmm?" I respond, even though I feel like I know what she's going to say.

"I need you so badly."