dieci.

[unedited]  

25th August;

Sitting on the the train to London, my heart feels like it's going to burst, Everything is happening so quickly. Luke's paying for me to stay in the same hotel as the guys, and he wouldn't tell me how much it costs. To be honest, I don't think I want to know.

I'm going to be releasing a single with 5 Seconds Of Summer.

I'm also going to be in a music video, where I kiss Luke Hemmings.

I am going on a date with Luke Hemmings.

If you told me 3 weeks ago that any of this was going to happen, I would've laughed in your face and told you something along the lines of; "Yeah, when pigs fly."

And yet, I still haven't seen any pigs soaring through the sky.

It all feels so surreal. Apparently an 'Uber' driver is going to be meeting me at Waterloo station, and going to be taking me to the hotel. Luke told me he'll even have a sign for me and everything. This is crazy.

Luke: You on your way?

Me: Yeah, been on the train for like 30 minutes now. I still can't believe this is happening.

Luke: Awesome! I can't wait to see you. And I know. You're going to have to get used to it.

Me: Huh? Why's that?

Luke: Dude, you're recording a song with us. Once that's released, you're going to be famous like us.

Me: Holy shit! I didn't even think of that! Will I be able to finish University?

Luke: Um, well, if you want to tour and stuff, I doubt it. But if you become super famous you can get an honorary degree.

Me: Whoa. This is all... wow.

Luke: I know :P That's how we felt when One Direction asked us to tour with them. It's crazy.

Me: It is. I'm like, happy and sad at the same time, you know? Like, I'm insanely happy for the opportunity but sad because I'm leaving everything behind.

Luke: I don't blame you for feeling like that, I felt the same. What I did was just think about all the things I'm getting the chance to do. You're going to be able to travel the world, Jen. You'll meet your heroes, you'll go to award shows. You'll barely have to pay for anything!

Me: I'm meeting four of my 'heroes' today :P

Luke: Aww that's cute :P

Me: Yeah. But seriously, getting the chance to meet You Me At Six, All Time Low, Blink 182 and Green Day would be fucking amazing. I love so many bands but those are like my main four.

Luke: We still haven't met You Me At Six, it sucks :/ But we literally have the same music taste :P

Me: I know :P

Luke: How long until you get to London?

Me: About an hour or so.

Luke: Okay. I need to go and have a meeting about something, but I'll see you later. Enjoy your journey :)

Me: Aw okay, see you in about an hour! Enjoy your meeting :)

***

As I step off the train, I take a deep breath.

This is it.

I walk towards the main hall and slide my ticket into the gate. I walk through and instantly see a tall, thin man in a black suit and tie, holding a rectangular sign reading 'Miss August'. I walk up to the man and he asks to see my ID to prove that I'm me. Once he sees it, we walk towards the main exit of the station. I ask the man if I can stop quickly to get a doughnut from the Krispy Kreme stand, and he stops and waits for me. I buy a 'Cookie Crunch' and 'Lemon Meringue Pie' and walk back over to him, and we walk to the car park. He stands next to the large black car and my eyes widen. It's fucking beautiful.

I get in and instantly text Luke.

Me: Omg Luke, this car is so awesome!

Luke: Haha I know, they're great!!

Me: I'll see you in like 15 minutes!

Luke: Awesome. I'll have to meet you in the lobby to help you check in.

Me: Okay. I hope you know that I'm going to be giving you the biggest hug in the world when I see you.

Luke: Jen, I'd be offended if you didn't.

Luke: Text me when you're outside.

I quickly send a snapchat of my doughnuts to him and post it on my story too. He responds with a picture of him with an overly-dramatic sad face and the caption 'Jellll'. I just chuckle and take a bite of the delicious dough.

***

When I get out of the car, I'm dumbfounded by the amount of teenage girls outside of the hotel. They turn to look at me but obviously don't recognise me, except one girl.

"Hey, you're the girl Luke followed for no reason!" She says as she walks over to me.

"Uh, yeah..." I respond, not sure what to say.

"And now you're at the same hotel as the guys?" She says suspisciously.

"And?"

"What, are you a groupie or something?" She asks.

"HA! Definitely not. I'm... I can't tell you what I'm doing, actually." I say, and her face twists in confusion.

I just shrug and walk away, and I hear a picture being taken on a phone. I sigh and ignore it. Once I'm in the lobby, I text Luke. I'm about to press send, when two large hands cover my eyes, and a familiar Australian boy is whispering in my ear.

"Hi." Is all he says, and I spin around.

"Luke!" I grin, and wrap my arms around his neck instantly. He presses his face into my shoulder and wraps his own arms around my waist. I hear him chuckle and I can't help but smile.

"Jen, I'm so happy you're here." He smiles into my shoulder, and I hold him tighter.

"I can't believe it's actually you." I say shyly, turning my head and placing a kiss on his cheek.

He pulls away slightly and just smiles at me, his cheeks a light shade of pink. He presses his forehead against my own and I can't look away from his crystal blue eyes, they're just so bright and perfect.

"Let's go and get you checked in and then you can come and meet everyone." He whispers, and lets his arms fall from around me before reaching down and taking my hand in his, intertwining our fingers together.