nove.

[unedited] 

20th August;

The now-familiar icon and name come up on my laptop's screen, and I answer the call. Once again, it takes a minute for the camera's to link so I can just hear the two idiots on the other end of the call. Once the camera finally sorts itself out and I can see them clearly.

"Hi Luke and Ashton!" I grin and wave at them, feeling like a bit of an idiot, but I don't mind.

"Hiii Jen!" They both say at the same time. Ashton shouts 'jinx!' at Luke, and he frowns.

"So how are you, Jen?" Ashton asks, grinning cheekily.

"I'm very good thank you Ashton, how about you?" I smile.

"I'm alright, thank you very much. Still feeling a little jet lagged but nowhere near as bad as earlier." He explains, and I chuckle.

"That's good. How did you find the flight over?" I chuckle after seeing Luke's face. He's grumpy because he's been jinxed and can't talk.

"It was long!" He sighs.

"That's what she said!" I start laughing and Ashton giggles too. Luke just rolls his eyes and shakes his head at my childish joke.

"So, Lucas Roberto Hemmins, how was your day?" I smirk at him, and he just sends an evil look into the camera.

"Aw Jen, that's evil. Leave poor old Luca Hemmingsway alone!" Ashton says, and his giggling just doesn't stop, and neither does mine. 

"Sorry babe!" I grin at Luke, and Ashton's giggle subsides.

"You just called him..." He smirks slightly, before glancing at Luke.

"Shut up Irwin." I sigh, still grinning. Luke hits him on the arm, making me chuckle.

"Luke Hemmings, don't hit me." Ashton grins, and a large sigh leaves Luke's mouth.

"Finally! Thanks Irwin!" Luke cheers, playfully punching him.

"I'm gonna go and make some coffee, you want one Luke?" He asks.

"Na I'm good thanks dude."

"Okay then, I'll let you two lovebirds catch up." He winks at us and giggles while walking out of the room.

"Sorry about him." Luke chuckles, and the sound warms my heart.

"It's cool. Long day huh?" I smile at him, and he smiles right back.

"Definitely. You wanna know the best part?"

"What's that then?" I ask.

"Right now. Talking to you. You make things better, Jen." He grins.

I don't respond. I can't respond. My heart is in my throat and I don't know what to say. I can't fathom how what he said is true. I'm just me, and he's... Luke Hemmings. He's this globally-known singer in a phenomenally huge band and yet, he's sitting here, on Skype, talking to me, telling me I make things better.

"Jen? Are you okay?" I hear Luke say, and I nod, not trusting my voice.

"So, uh, you wanted to ask me something?"

"Oh yeah! Well, 3 or 4 things, to be exact."

"Okay, go ahead!" I smile, finally pushing down the lump in my throat.