Depends On My Mood

You guys' response on the previous chapter had me🥺🥺🥺😍

I'm so glad I could make you feel something. Thanks for giving the story a chance❤️

Happy reading.

"I'm fine",I sniff, pulling away,embarrassed that Nikhil had to see me crying.

My lips quiver as I couldn't help replaying a particular sentence in my head.

Apparently,it shows on my face, as Nikhil pulls me into another hug,"I'm so Sorry Sandy. I shouldn't have shouted like that."

I sniff. I am ready to sleep away the day, tired.

Nikhil clenches his jaw as he wipes my tears away,"I never wanted to be the reason you cried."

I nod.

I am stronger than this,I affirm.

Mere words cannot break me.

"Let's go",I say.

I'm relieved when Nikhil makes no other attempt to touch me.

I would have seriously lost my head if he did crap ,like kissing me or something like that.

Why does some part of me feel disappointed though?

It's not films Sandy. Real people don't kiss after they fight.

I glare at my subconscious.

"Sandy?"

"Hmm."

"Don't you want to know what I spoke with Dhruv?"

I ponder on his question. I was so dejected the last few minutes that Dhruv was not even in my head.

"Frankly,I don't want to",I say,"Knowing too much makes everything complicated."

"Even if it's about you?"

"Just tell me what it is?",my head throbs,as I yawn.

I glance at my watch.

12:02am.

Tell me quickly and let me go,Nikhil. I have a presentation tomorrow. I have other things to worry about apart from you and Dhruv.

"He said he spoke to you",he refers to my talk with Nikhil.

I'm having too many talks these days.

"Yeah. So?"

"He tried to reach out to you, apparently",Nikhil shrugs," He said you blocked him. He tried calling Anshu, but she very politely asked him to fuck off."

I frown,why didn't Anshu tell me? I am glad she didn't,though.

"Yes,I blocked him",I admit. At one point, I kept checking my mobile so much hoping for a call or message from him that it started to affect my studies,I was so irritated that I ended up blocking him.

"What did he want to talk about?",I ask,now curious.

Nikhil raises am eyebrow,"He asked how you were."

"Tell me completely",I scold.

"I told him you were upset after talking and he said I know she loves me,I have very strong feelings for her too, but I don't think we are compatible."

I frown,"Oh."

"He was confused. He said he thinks you guys being...together is not a good idea. On the other hand,he also said he misses you a lot and wants to forget everything that happened that day and start afresh with you."

My breath hitches.
Universe,are you freaking kidding me?

"He asked me to tell you to call him."

"When was this?"

"I told you. The day after..."

"Oh",I frown,"It's been sometime. Why didn't you tell me before?"

Nikhil gives me a pointed look.

"Right",I clear my throat, feeling dumb. Of course,he would find it weird to tell me, especially after we had kissed.

We walk in silence for some time.

"Are you going to call him?"

"I don't know",I shrug, "Depends on my mood."

Right now, I want to forget about all this shit and go to sleep.

I hear Nikhil gritting his teeth as we walk.

"Wait. Why did Dhruv call you? I thought you weren't talking to him all that much? "

"I called him the day after you asked me to talk to him", he clenches his jaw, "Shouldn't have", he mutters softly in the end.

"Oh",I say dumbly.

"What was he more inclined towards?",I wonder out loud.

"Find out when you talk to him", Nikhil snaps.

I frown. "There's no need to get snappy."

Nikhil gives me a hard look,"Wha-",I stop midway.

Is there any chance he is...jealous?

I groan, rubbing my face.

Goodness,I cannot deal with this right now.

I shake my head forcing myself to keep my mind blank, unwilling to go back to the argument a few minutes ago.

God, I'm so tired of crying,I feel faint.

I bite the inside of my cheek hard enough for any other thought to vanish from my mind, wincing when I felt the metallic taste of blood.

Don't bite yourself so hard,Sandy. No boy is worth hurting yourself for, irrespective of your liking towards him.

I'm glad when I see the gates of my hostel,"Bye",I smile at Nikhil,my smile not genuine for some reason.

I'm so Sorry to even have liked a girl like you.

I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to keep them as blank as possible when I open them. "Goodnight Nikhil."

"Sleep well Sandy", I resist the urge to snatch my hand away when he squeezes it.

As the night rocks me to sleep,I know anyone making me question my worth,making me cry, making me feel emotionally unstable is not worth it.

I am selfish. I come first for myself any day,my mental peace. And if anyone is determined to jeopardize it, I'm simply going to remove myself from the source. I will not lead my life with more tears than smiles.

I choose myself.

Not Dhruv. Not Nikhil. Not anyone.

Good morning/night.

Sorry if you guys expected them to kiss and make up. I feel like it's just not something that actually happens, hence not in the story.

How many of you were like,I know the author is crazy, I'd be surprised if they kissed.Meh.

How do you like the chapter?

Thoughts? Views? Trolls?
Hahaha.

Vote, Comment and Share.