Why Are You Blushing Like That?

Just putting it out here.

Sandy's mom is okay with Nikhil,and has been supportive because Nikhil was already a prospective groom for Sandy at one point, someone she had considered for her daughter. That's why she didn't have a problem with the relationship. If it was a different guy, Sandy's mom's reaction would be similar to mine and yours'(well some/most of yours),a flying chappal followed by intense emotional blackmail.

So kindly DO NOT spam my inbox with the 'Indian moms aren't as understanding. If you claim to write reality,why is Sandy's mother so unrealistic',and messages along these lines.

Hope I have made myself clear. Thank you for reading the rant.

Have a happy read :)

I pull away after a few seconds, acutely aware that we're on the road,in public.

I sniff,my eyes dry.

"Okay?", Nikhil questions.

I nod, unable to look at him.

I sigh in relief when his mobile rings.

Nikhil clenches his jaw,"Excuse me",he moves a few feet away.

"No. I don't want to. I've already told you",I hear Nikhil's side of the conversation.

I'm totally not eavesdropping.

He just happens to be in my hearing range.

Lol. Keep telling yourself that.

"I've told you,haven't I? Please. I don't want any of these meetings.I don't want to meet anyone."

I freeze. What kind of meeting?

At the same time,Nikhil turns to me, guilty.

Oh. That kind.

My face fall,as Nikhil moves farther away,"Okay. I'll see what I can do."

By the time he looked back at me for the second time,I had left.

**

I scrub my showerhead vigorously,getting rid of the algae that had covered it,since it's been unused for a long time.

Things start to decay, rust, if we leave them for too long, without care, without using them, leaving them as they are.

And it takes double the effort to get it back to it's original state,the way things were,to normal.

Showerhead.

I'm talking about my showerhead.

I continue to scrub,satisfied when I could see the tiny pores, getting rid of the algae,the dust.

Perfect.

I turn the shower on, uncaring that I may get drenched if the shower works, sighing in relief when water hit me in full speed,like before,like it hadn't been unused for quite sometime.

Things can improve,with effort.

I groan at all the double meaning in my head.

If I'm comparing a showerhead to my relationship with Nikhil, I've gotten crazy.

I take a shower,since I'm already drenched, shutting down emotions, trying to think logically.

Crying got me nowhere.

It only made me vulnerable, miserable.

Once crying sets in,all reason left me,as I victimised myself.