Everything will be fine

"Is that all you're going to pack?"

"I'm going for just one weekend. And it's not like I don't have clothes at home",I stuff in jean shorts and a white top.

"Sandy?"

"Yeah?",I glance at Anshu.

"Will you be alright?",she asked me softly,concern evident in her dark orbs.

I frown,"Why won't I?"

She only gives me a pointed look,"You know why."

"I...I...Can we not talk about it?",I ask,my voice soft.

She only stares at me,"I don't think it's a good idea if you are in this frame of mind."

"What frame of mind?",I snap at my best friend,burying the thoughts forcing to come to surface,"I am Okay",I stress.

"At least tell Sneha",she refers to my sister.

"No. I can handle it."

"If you say so. But",she pauses,then sighs as though I'm a lost cause,"I'm just a phone call away. You know that right?"

"I know",I smile.

She glances at her mobile,"Come on. Avyukth is here. We'll drop you."

"Yeah",I mumble, swallowing the lump in my throat.

I am annoyed to see Avyukth mirroring a similar look to Anshu. He opens his mouth but quickly shuts it when Anshu shakes her head.

I laugh internally. She wasn't as subtle as she thought she would be.

He wraps his arms around both of our shoulders,"Text one of us when you reach home?",he addresses me.

"Of course",I smile, getting into the car.

The car ride was silent,my friends on edge.

Anshu gives me a hug when I'm about to leave,"Meet him with an open mind. Okay?",she says gently.

My eyes get glassy,making her pull me into a tight hug,"Shush. Everything will be fine",she consoles me.

I was glad that none of the traitors escaped my eye.

I only gave a brisk nod to Anshu,hoping to let her be in peace.

"Have a safe journey,yeah?", Avyukth wraps his arm around my waist, giving me a side hug.

"And Sandy,don't take rash decisions."

I give him a nod, understanding more than what he conveyed in words.

"Okay. Come on",Anshu clapped,"You got to leave now. And don't forget to get me the crisps Aunty makes",she diffuses the tension.

"Of course",I roll my eyes,bidding my friends goodbye.

I close my eyes as the plane takes off,my heart trying hard to piece together.

I stare at the gentle waves crashing against the shore,not bothered that my feet and most of my pants are wet.

"Hey"

I turn when I hear a voice.

"Hey", I'm surprised. How did he know I was here?

He seemed to read the question in my mind.
"Anshu told me you could be here",he explained.

"Oh."

"Do you mind if I join you?"

I shrug,which he takes as a welcome.

We stare at the sea for some time.

"Why are you here?",I ask softly,my heart skipping when I felt him stare at the side of my head.

"Don't you want me to be here?"

"No. Not like that",I say quickly,"I mean",I start off slowly,not wanting to make myself look like an idiot,"I don't mind."

"I'm sure you don't",he teases.

I was surprised when he shifted closer to me.

I only blushed,my heart palpitating when our hands brushed against each others.

I turn to look at him, unable to understand what's happening.

"I didn't want you to be alone when you are upset",he answers eventually.

"I'm fine. It's not that much of a big deal",I shrug gently.

"Maybe",he took a deep breath, interlacing our fingers together,"But I wanted to be there for you."

"Thank you",I squeeze his hand bravely,leaning my head against his shoulder.

He flicks his eyes at me,my heart racing when his eyes lowered to my lips-

"This is to announce we are going to land in the next fifteen minutes. You can collect your belongings from baggage belt 3."

I stir awake, surprised that I'd fallen asleep the entire flight,my heart aching at the dream,my body still familiar with the one I leaned on,the lips that-

I shake my head, getting out of my thoughts.

I was going to meet someone. It's not fair if I think about him.

I take a deep breath, looking around, drinking in my father's appearance when I saw him,my heart coming to a sudden relief pleasantly.

I am so glad I'm back home.

Second update today!
Do you like the story so far?
Any guesses on what's going to happen?
How do you think the story will progress? Any thoughts?

Vote, Comment and Share!
Leave a feedback:)