"Great power comes with great..." I raised my eyebrows at Guardian, looking his skin-tight suit up and down. "Urges to wear spandex, apparently."
"Are you using altered famous superhero comic book references to insult me?" he asked incredulously.
I snorted. "You bet your fucking ass, I am."
Tessa Kingston has lived in Crown City her entire life. There's nothing really unusual about the city, either. There's high school, horny teenage boys, drunken parties... and Supers.
Men in skin-tight suits aren't really who Tessa has looked to for help during her life... not that her opinion is popular. With big names like 'Guardian' and 'Blindspot' running - or flying - around her city and saving innocents, it's usually more likely to thank a Super for saving your life instead of tell them off and want to handle things yourself - not that Tessa follows the rules, of course.
When some serious trouble starts stirring up in Crown City, Tessa seems to be caught in a world she had spent her entire life hating - not that they've given her much of a choice in the matter. But when serious events start happening too often to be coincidences, Tessa starts questioning what happened to start the chaos in the first place... and why the hell she's there to witness it all - not to mention why one Super in particular is giving her extra attention.
Tessa Kingston always thought that she had everything - and everyone - figured out, so what happens when nothing is as it had seemed?
BOOK #1 OF THE "SUPERHEROES SUCK" DUOLOGY
HIGHEST RANKING: #1 in Adventure, Superheroes, Superhero, and Super!
Featured on the Wattpad Adventure, Action, Superhero, and Humour profiles!
WARNING: Contains mild swearing, cliffhangers, plot twists, and enough sarcasm to last a lifetime.
Member of the #ProjectSuper and #ProjectHero campaigns!
Cover by @Prego01
- Author's Note + Trailer
- Chapter One - The Superhuman Ladybug
- Chapter Two - The Piss From Heaven
- Chapter Three - The Perfectly Good Piece Of Pizza
- Chapter Four - The Pretty Pretty Princess
- Chapter Five - The Car of Doom
- Chapter Six - The Impending Regret Of An Absolutely Idiotic Decision
- Chapter Seven - The Spiked Torture Devices
- Chapter Eight - The Purse-Sized Superhero
- Chapter Nine - The Room Full of Supreme Overlords
- Chapter Ten - The Eternity in a Prop Closet
- Chapter Eleven - The Hoodie-Clad Stormtrooper
- Chapter Twelve - The Discovery of Noah and His Not-So-Grand Ark
- Chapter Thirteen - The Winner of the Nobel Freaking Peace Prize
- Chapter Fourteen - The Annual Assault on the Terror Twins
- Chapter Fifteen - The Imbecile Who Just Happened to be a Reporter... Kind of
- Chapter Sixteen - The Leader of the Cartoon Mafia
- Chapter Seventeen - The Identification of Complete and Utter Bullshit
- Chapter Eighteen - The Disbelief Over Street-Side Mattress Stores and Blue Tarps
- Chapter Nineteen - The Ridiculously-Mundane Adventures of Zombie-Tessa
- Chapter Twenty- The Repetitive Need for Beethoven's Fifth Symphony
- Chapter Twenty-One - The Non-Savages Who Liked Disney Princess Movies
- Chapter Twenty-Two - The Shower Curtain with an Interest in Politics
- Chapter Twenty-Three- The Fact that Taxes Strike Fear into the Hearts of Men
- Chapter Twenty-Four - The Distressed Taco and His Littering Lettuce
- Chapter Twenty-Five - The Magnificent Production of Bloody and the Beast
- Chapter Twenty-Six - The Bowling Ball with a Mind of Its Own
- Chapter Twenty-Seven - The Suspicion That Both Alter-Egos Needed Some Work
- Chapter Twenty-Eight - The Incredibly Unfriendly Actions of Supervillain-Oprah
- Chapter Twenty-Nine - The China Doll Disguised As Wreck-It-Ralph
- Chapter Thirty - The Psycho Chick With An Efficient Death Stare
- Chapter Thirty-One - The Girl Who Drowned Her Sorrows In Chocolate Milk
- Chapter Thirty-Two - The Center Of The Fucking World
- Chapter Thirty-Three - The Bug-Zapper Arms That Shocked A Corner Store
- Chapter Thirty-Four - The Untimely Death Of Patricia The Potted Plant
- Chapter Thirty-Five - The Combination Of A Frightened New Super And An Umbrella
- Chapter Thirty-Six - The Leotard-Covered Tits That Lacked Calmness
- Chapter Thirty-Seven - The Happy-Go-Lucky Moron Who Was Easily Manipulated
- Chapter Thirty-Eight - The Violent Daydreams Of Ex-Friends Getting Hit By Trucks
- The End... Or Is It?