When nursing student Ryan Winters moves into hockey captain Ethan Russell's place, they both agree that they can keep things from getting weird. The only problem? Smoldering sexual tension that they both try to ignore.
Ryan tells herself that all she wants is a place to live-- a place that isn't the dorms or her best friend's couch. Plus, athletes aren't her type. Ethan tells himself that he needs to focus on hockey and school-- without any dating, drama, or heartbreak. After getting third-degree burns from his last relationship, he's sworn off college relationships altogether. In fact, he's still picking up the pieces of his life from what happened last time.
Lines start to blur and things quickly grow complicated when an undeniable attraction between them develops. The question then becomes whether it is just superficial or has turned into something deeper. Something worth putting their friendship- and the chance of getting hurt- on the line.
In spite of their best laid plans, it might just turn out that Ryan is the breakaway that Ethan didn't see coming.
(If you like a slow burn that turns sizzling, this is for you!)
Highest Rank: #2 in College - June 4, 2018
Completed: July 31, 2017.
- 0. introduction
- 1. farewell, unicorn apartment.
- 2. I have to admit, I was expecting a guy.
- 3. you want to live where?
- 4. I'll think about it.
- 5. maybe this could get weird after all.
- 6. new friend, meet old (girl)friend.
- 7. just a matter of time.
- 8. it's hard to ignore.
- 9. tea and comfort.
- 10. we're just friends. I think.
- 11. turns out, it's contagious.
- 12. the yoga incident.
- 13. flat tire, sweatshirt theft.
- 14. when girls show me their underwear...
- 15. friendsgiving.
- 16. which part of it sounds innocent to you?
- 17. to the letter.
- 18. mixed messages.
- 19. all I want for Christmas...
- 20. ringing in the new year with a bang. or not.
- 21. from bad to worse.
- 22. the bed incident.
- 23. tears.
- 24. nobody told me.
- 25. friendtervention.
- 26. now or never.
- 27. layers.
- 28. emergency best friend debriefing.
- 29. where have you been all my life?
- 30. I love... coming home to you.
- 31. loose liquor lips.
- 32. mirror mirror.
- 33. coming clean.
- 34. meet the parent.
- 35. game seven.
- 36. my heart.
- 37. sidelined.
- 38. the calls are coming from...?
- 39. daddy issues
- 40. who's sheila?
- 41. so... that happened.
- 42. I can imagine.
- 43. you, me, and the road.
- dance with me (epilogue)
- bonus chapter #1
- bonus chapter #2
- bonus chapter #3
- bonus chapter #4