Honor Thy Brother|Band of Bro...

By elenadrake

Jamie Jacobi aka JJ and Margaret Valentine aka Peggy are two women who experienced two different worlds, whil... More

๐˜๐˜–๐˜•๐˜–๐˜™ ๐˜›๐˜๐˜  ๐˜‰๐˜™๐˜–๐˜›๐˜๐˜Œ๐˜™.
Chapter One.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.

Chapter Two.

280 8 5
By elenadrake

[A/N: welcome to chapter two!]

Jamie was beyond irritated and Peggy was quietly fuming behind a passive façade, they thought maybe the first day would at least be okay, but no it wasn't. Their commanding officer, Captain Herbert Sobel made it...awful. The man evidently not only did just not want Peggy there but Jamie as well, though Jamie couldn't tell if it was because she was black and a woman like Winters had alluded to or just a woman. The majority of the men still stared at them curiously, especially Jamie, though thanks to Bull basically always being by her side and his size being intimidating, she hadn't faced anything yet. Though a positive was more of the men warmed up to them, Peggy had yelled at Joe Toye and told him she'd suggest him do two hundred push-ups to Sobel if he didn't show some respect and Jamie sassed out Will Guarnere this morning at breakfast and told him to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. They could see Toye was slightly frightened of Peggy, but he wouldn't admit it, however, the two men warmed up to them and they had more people on their side. Though Jamie was still having difficulties with Liebgott who would just stare at her, it was the opposite for Peggy though.

Then there was George who, of course, would not stop talking, especially to Peggy. Jamie found it amusing that he blabbered off, mainly to Peggy. It reminded her of Jackson, but she could see flashes of annoyance pass Peggy's face at first before she grew used to it by the end of breakfast. However, Easy Company had, later on, found themselves lined up together. Jamie standing between Bull and a small dark-haired man named Frank Perconte, she heard, while Peggy was standing by Burton Christenson aka Pat, one of the other men who warmed up to them at breakfast. The group waiting on their CO to appear and do whatever he needed to do. "I've never been forced to wait on my commanding officer this long, this is ridiculous." Peggy huffed irritated, Jamie hearing a snorting quietly while Pat glanced at her.

"That's because you're a perfectionist, Peggy." Pat told her, the woman rolling her eyes at the man. It truly didn't take any of them long enough to see Peggy was a perfectionist and Jamie just didn't give a shit.

"I get the feeling Winters and Nixon don't like Sobel, but Winters is polite and Nixon has Winters to keep him under wraps," Jamie commented cheekily with a wide grin, some of the men snickering while Peggy shook her head amused. Jamie and Peggy looked in the corners of their eyes, seeing Sobel, Nixon, and Winters heading towards them, Nixon and Winters joining them in their line up.

"You people are at the position of attention!" Sobel yelled at them, everyone immediately straightening up while Peggy held back an irritated look and JJ bit her tongue to keep from saying anything. "I am your commanding officer. My name is Sobel. While you are here I will be training you. While I know that the company is named Easy, let it be known now that your time here is not. Is that clear?" He told them, no one responding to the man who seemed irritated at that. "I said, is that clear?"

"Yes, sir." Easy Company finally answered. Jamie looked straight ahead not wanting to risk Sobel's gaze on her but Peggy's eyes trailed the man closely. Winters and Nixon glanced back for a mere second a spotted the woman's actions, she was observing and judging their own CO. That was not surprising in the least. Peggy's jaw clenched while Jamie held back from glaring or even sticking her tongue out at the man as he walked by every man, criticizing everything little thing and revoking the weekend passes. This was quite literally the first day and the man was revoking passes for the smallest and most ridiculous things. This man was a perfectionist not in a good way and a narcissist.

Peggy was irritated and Jamie...well Jamie just wanted to sigh. She was prepared to be bullied and belittled by the man. Something surprisingly Liebgott could see in her posture and admitted only to himself felt bad about, this woman was going to be given hell from Sobel because of her gender and race. Then there was Peggy...well she'd deal with the gender part and Sobel would not like that she was a woman with a rank, that's for sure. George was nearby Peggy and glanced over at Jamie with a wince before sharing a quick look with Peggy, both feel nothing but sympathy for their new friend. Sobel's eye turned to Jamie who sucked in a deep breath as the man stepped up to her.

"Who are you?" Sobel demanded from Jamie who stood up straight.

"Jacobi, Jamie H., sir." Jamie replied, holding a strong voice. She did not want him to see her as nervous or anything. Not that she was nervous, she was just expecting the worst.

"Here we go," Peggy muttered lowly when she saw Sobel's expression change.

"And what are you doing here?" He asked her, Jamie's jaw clenching slightly knowing exactly what he was referring to. Her sex and race, that's why he was asking her why she was here.

"Colonel Sink brought me here to be with the best and I deserve and want to serve my country." Jamie immediately replied, Peggy smiling slightly and sharing a small glancing with Pat who seemed to be grinning too. It was the part where she said she deserved to serve her country that made them smile. "...sir." She added as almost an afterthought, which Sobel seemed to not appreciate. Though Nixon and Winters shared looks at that action.

However, Sobel seemed surprised and taken aback by her response, he did not expect her to say she deserved to serve her country. She would be a tough nut to crack, much to his annoyance. "Your age and position within my company?" Sobel cleared his throat and got back on task, some of the men in the company held back snickers and grins at Sobel's reaction while Peggy glanced back, surprised to see a small smirk upon Liebgott's face. She still got the intention that he and Jamie did not get along, so it surprised her to see him bemused and she guessed supporting Jamie's actions. She didn't know, all she knew is she was surprised.

"Twenty and I've been assigned to serve as a medic for Easy Company, sir." Jamie answered firmly, Sobel eyed her and looked her up and down. Jamie just stared back at the man who looked at her, waiting for her bullshit reason her pass was revoked.

"Private Jacobi, your hair is too long and your pants are dragging on the ground. Do something about them, I don't care how, but do it." Sobel barked at her, Jamie refraining from rolling her eyes. "Your weekend pass is revoked." He snapped.

"Yes, sir." Jamie replied tersely before Sobel walked off. Peggy wincing and slightly glad her hair would not be the ire of Sobel's gaze. She always kept it short, however, she knew Jamie was black and her hair was a lot harder to manage.

"Sergeant Valentine. Margaret Valentine, I believe. I heard about you." Sobel stepped up to Peggy who kept her gaze straight forward and her face passive. "Your bayonet is chipped, you won't kill any German's with that. Weekend pass revoked." He told her before turning off and walking away before Peggy could reply. Jamie and Peggy shared a look, both irritated with Sobel knowing he'd try his damndest to get them out because they were women and Jamie was black. Jamie stuck her tongue out at Sobel when he wasn't paying attention as he moves away from the company to speak with Winters, some of the men forcing themselves to hold back a laugh while some openly snickered quietly. Jamie looked back and her eyebrows rose in surprise when Liebgott was one of the men laughing.

"Who would've thought you got your archenemy Liebgott to laugh?" Frank snorted while Bull let out a hearty chuckle. "Frank Perconte, you must be JJ." He introduced himself, but neither shook hands since they were still in formation.

"Pleasure, Frank." Jamie nodded, pleased the man made no remarks about her. Guess sneering at Sobel when he wasn't looking and standing tall with him helped. Jamie glanced down at Frank's trousers before looking at him. "Careful how you blouse your pants, he might revoke you for that." She mutters to him, the man chuckling now and nodding, Jamie glancing back at Pat and Peggy who were talking quietly to each other.

"She stuck her tongue out at him, like a child." Pat snickered bemused while Peggy shook her head with a smile.

"See I knew I would like her. You and her." George commented from where he stood nearby, but not next to them.

"George, you are a human butterfly. You like pretty much everyone." Peggy's british accent voiced to her friend, the small smile still upon her face while George shrugged but smiled at her smile.

"Good point, Maggie." Peggy paused at his words and stared back at George who frowned. "What's wrong?" He asked her with a concerned frown, but Peggy just smiled again.

"My twin sister calls me Maggie. She's the only one." Peggy tells him.

"Oh, uh, sorry." George apologizes while Pat glances between his friends and rolls his eyes.

"No, it's okay, George. You're my friend, I like it I guess." Peggy just shrugged before looking ahead, George grinning at that while Skip looked at them from where he stood and snorted before pausing.

"Wait you have a twin sister?"

"Yes, her name is Marie." Peggy nodded.

"So...identical...?" Skip asks slowly.

"No, paternal." Peggy snorts, shaking her head amused before turning ahead. George and Skip opened their mouths to say more before Winters with Nixon stepped up and ordered the company out for PT.

-8-

Eventually, after a long day of intense training and following Sobel's irritating inspection of them, Easy Company returned to their barracks and had been given two minutes to change into their PT gear for their run. Peggy already had experience with changing around men and Jamie grew up with brothers, so changing in front of the men did not bother them at all. After the two minutes were up, all of easy company was sent to Currahee for the six-mile run, three up and three down. Peggy could feel her face drenching with sweat while Jamie could feel her clothes sticking to her while she ran, both women's faces just as red and flushed as the men from the run and Jamie and Peggy could feel their legs burning. Jamie mildly hated it, slightly used to the running from soccer and Peggy just didn't care. She felt as if she had to run worse with the British army. Though in a way, Peggy was retracting these thoughts and Jamie was pissed because Sobel ran with them and he was a complete and utter asshole. "So...you have a sister?" the familiar voice of a man named David Webster called out from next to Peggy and Jamie who were running.

Peggy sighed and groaned quietly in annoyance while Jamie glanced at her with a smirk. "Christ, why did I mention it? Of course, everyone would hear." Peggy grumbled, Jamie hearing laughs from Pat, Skip, and George who heard the woman's grumbling. The moment she mentioned her sister, now everyone wanted to hear about it. "Yes, Web. I have a sister."

"Oh, and did you hear Web, she's her paternal twin sister?" Jamie grinned cheekily at her friend who gave her a small glare and rolled her eyes. She knew Jamie for a day and why did it already not surprise her the woman was teasing and messing with her.

"Twin sister, huh." Webster hummed.

"Doesn't Skip have a twin. I heard him muttering something about that." Peggy smirked, switching subjects while Jamie made a noise and shared a look with Webster while they ran.

"Everyone is just revealing they have twins today." Jamie joked with a snort.

"Okay, what about you then? Do you have a twin?" the surprising voice of Joe Liebgott spoke up and asked Jamie. Jamie's eyebrows raised after she glanced back at Joe then looked at Peggy who shrugged.

"He was bound to talk to you soon or later, JJ." Peggy said lowly to her friend while they ran.

"She's got a point, J. Liebgott's a hard ass, but you have a mouth on you which makes it hard to not say anything," Webster stated, Jamie rolling her eyes at his nickname. Instead of the bookworm Webster calling her Jamie or simply JJ, he liked calling her J. She didn't know why, but she also really didn't care.

"No, Liebgott, I don't have a twin. I have two brothers." Jamie finally replied to Joe, Peggy snickering and sharing a bemused look with Webster when they noticed a mildly surprised expression on Joe's face. He didn't actually expect Jamie to answer him, she mainly tended to ignore him a lot since he met her yesterday. Though admittedly to himself, he didn't really give her a reason to talk to him. "My older brother Jackson is twenty-one, he's eighteen months older than me and he's in the Italy campaign right now. My youngest brother Alex is eleven." She explained shortly with heavy breaths from running.

"Wait...hold on. How old are you, Peggy?" Skip called back to his friend with a frown.

"I'm twenty-four," Peggy replied, Jamie wearing a small look of surprise. She didn't expect Peggy to be almost four years older than her. Peggy was the same age as a cousin of hers on her father's side who lived in Poland. Poland, that made her grimace and wince internally. Just thinking about her father's family in Poland minus his one brother with his fiance and his mother and step-father who lived in the U.S, every other family member lived there in Poland including her birth grandfather. She couldn't help but think what it was like with the Germans invading there. "So, you're Jewish right? Where does your father's family live?" She asked her friend curiously.

"No, no, just my uncle, grandmother, and step-grandfather live in the U.S." Jamie winced, paling slightly at the thought of her family. George and Skip glancing back and noticing while Joe, Bull, and Malarkey spotted Jamie's face too. "The rest is in...Poland..." She trailed off before shutting up while Peggy and Webster's faces fell and they exchanged a look.

"I think it's time we ask our other medic personal questions." Joe cut in, changing the subject for Jamie who glanced back with surprise but nodded in thanks. The others shared looks, surprised Joe Liebgott stepped in and was the one to save Jamie from more.

"Yeah, yeah, good point. What's New Orleans like, Eugene?" Webster smirked at his friend while Peggy snorted. The other medic rolled his eyes and merely ignored his friends. Jamie grinning slightly and sharing a look with Peggy before they continued their grueling run with Sobel screaming practically in their ears.

-8-

When supper came Jamie and Peggy found themselves sitting next to George, Skip, Malarkey, Bill, Toye, and Bull among others at the table. After standing in line, the two women found themselves talking with another man who sat with him, finding out his name was Donald Hoobler. It was really surprising to Jamie how fast people were talking to them and warming up to them. Though she heard from Frank and Alex Penkala talking about her attitude towards Sobel was swimming around and rumors about Peggy's time in the British army. "Look, Liebgott might've helped avoid a certain subject, but isn't he still a pain in the ass to you? Your archenemy?" Peggy joked, echoing the words Frank had commented during the inspection.

"Ugh, why? Why are we talking about Joe Liebgott?" Jamie groaned while picking at her food. The others at the table snickered knowing it was Skip who brought it up in the first place, teasing Jamie about it. "Also Frank called him my archenemy, I never said that. He's just been a pain in my ass." She quickly added to clarify while rolling her eyes.

"That's true, I did say that." Frank nodded while chowing down on his food.

"We're talking about Joe Liebgott because he's staring at you," Peggy replied, rolling her eyes while Jamie frowned and looked back, spotting Joe staring right at her.

"And very intently staring at you." Skip added.

"Yeah, I think he might burn a hole into your skull if he looks any harder," George commented with a small chuckle, Peggy snorting at George's comment.

"Jamie's so stubborn she'd deflect it back by pure willpower." Malarkey jokes making the others laugh quietly.

"You might want to shut up, he's coming over here." Bull cut in, Jamie glancing back and seeing Joe making his way over as she sighs.

"Just tell it to him straight, kid." Toye said with a full mouth of food, Peggy looking at him with an expression of disgust while Jamie stared at him. She glanced at George and Malarkey who looked mildly disgusted as well.

"Look, if you can tell me off at breakfast and be my friend at the end of the day, you can make friends with Liebgott at the end of day one." Bill shrugged and told his friend while Jamie pursed her lips.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" the voice of Joe asked, Jamie looking at him as the man nodded over to a semi-secluded and quiet area of the noisy cafeteria.

"If you're going to behave then yes," Jamie remarked, Joe rolling his eyes but nodding. "I'll call my safe word pineapple if something happens." She says dryly to the others at the table as she stands while the others snort or snicker quietly.

"We'll save you if we hear it." Peggy waved her off while grinning.

"We promise, JJ." George joked, Jamie smiling and shaking her head before walking off with Joe. She followed him over to the semi-secluded and quiet area as Joe pulled out a pack of cigarettes, offering one to Jamie.

"Oh, a peace offering cigarette." She joked with a smirk, Joe shaking his head. However, Jamie merely plucked the cigarette from Joe's hand and put it to her lips, Joe lighting the cigarette for her before taking out his own cigarette and lighting it as well. Jamie took a drag of her cigarette while Peggy watched from a distance, scrunching up her face at the sight of the cigarette. Jamie knew her mother would lose her mind if she saw that she smoked. "As you were going to say." Jamie gestured to the man to speak, Joe's lips twitching amused before speaking.

"Look, I was an ass when we first met. I'm not gonna lie." Joe began to say, Jamie snorting which Joe ignored and once again rolled his eyes. "You and Peggy have done enough today to prove yourselves, even though you shouldn't have to." He continues while Jamie raises an eyebrow at his words.

"Really? We shouldn't have to?" Jamie asks sarcastically.

"Yeah, smartass." Joe gave her a dry look while Jamie grinned at him as Joe sighed. "What I'm trying to say is I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been an ass and I'm hoping we can be friends." He apologized to her, Jamie now sighing herself and biting the inside of her cheek before nodding. In reality, all he did was ask who she was, sure he was kind of aggressive but...he just asked.

"You were a bit of an ass, but all you were asking is what I was doing here. You didn't exactly join the airborne expecting a woman, two women joining your company." Jamie tells him with another sigh, taking a puff from her cigarette. "Apology accepted, Joe Liebgott. We can in fact be friends." She held out a hand for the man to take, Joe smiled at the offer and shook her hand firmly.

"Thanks, Jamie." He nodded.

"JJ, call me JJ." She corrected him with a crooked smile.

"Right, yeah, JJ." Joe added before Jamie finished off her cigarette.

"I have a supper to finish. Good luck, Joe." Jamie smiled at him again before turning and heading back to her table. Joe watching her walk away as Jamie sat down next to Peggy.

"So...?" Peggy trailed off expectantly.

"He apologized and we're friends I guess now," Jamie told her friend while the other men at the table snorted. "Look I'm not actually trying to have enemies, it's the last thing on my to-do list. He was an ass but he apologized and he meant it." She defended herself and Joe while spotting George, Skip, Alex, and Peggy exchange looks.

"She's got a point." Bill piped up.

"Thank you, Bill." Jamie nodded to her friend. "Now, I'd like to finish my shitty dinner." She gestured to the food while Peggy chuckled at her friend and shook her head, remarking.

"Joe Liebgott and Jamie Jacobi as friends...huh." Jamie just rolled her eyes and went back to eating as George and Peggy shared bemused looks. Both thinking that those two as friends will be incredibly interesting, to them at least.

-8-

The first week flew by surprisingly fast for Jamie and Peggy, both women becoming thick as thieves. They had met more of the men and they were all slowly becoming a close-knit group. Bull and Bill surprisingly took it upon themselves to take the protective roll over Peggy and Jamie which made them roll their eyes but they knew it was because both were tall and large men, especially Bull who towered over Jamie. However, they knew it was just Bull and Bill...being themselves and being good friends, though Joe Toye still would mock the two for it which would lead to Jamie accidentally stomping on his foot. She just couldn't help it, it sometimes happened and Peggy could attest to it. Malarkey, Hoobler, Skip, Alex, Eugene, and others were their friends and the two appreciated it highly that they had such a big group on their side. George still would babble off to Peggy, Jamie, and the others, especially Peggy. Jamie found herself actually getting very much along with Joe Liebgott, the two talked a lot at meals and the others would joke about them becoming fast friends.

She learned a lot about Joe, Peggy, George, and the others and they learned about her. Though she was shocked to hear Joe had six, six siblings. But when George piped up and talked his dozen siblings, Peggy and Jamie just stared at him and Joe in disbelief. They could handle one or two siblings but six plus siblings, never. Despite the friendship that was blooming between this group, Sobel still had it out for the two women. The man learned within the first week getting Peggy out wasn't an option, she'd just turn around and come back. However, his attempts to get Jamie to leave were less than subtle, something everyone including Winters and Nixon noticed. It annoyed Jamie to no end Sobel did this, but it just made her more stubborn and a pain in the ass to the man. She loved screwing with Sobel in small ways to show him up, it was a gift in itself and Peggy grinned madly at her friend when she did it. It was simple, Sobel hated them both and wanted them both gone, but Jamie...she was the easier target, at least he thought she was.

They had a routine though every single day, Easy would wake up and line up for inspection. Sobel would always call them out for something and revoke their weekend passes. Then from there, they ran Currahee and had breakfast before training. There would be physical and classroom training before dinner later. Though with classroom work, Jamie and Eugene typically found themselves enjoying their medic training along with another medic from Easy, Ralph Spina. The medic from New Orleans quickly became one of her best friends next to Peggy, Skip, Malarkey, and Bull. However, all three medics at least knew at the end of the day their classes were probably much more interesting than the others. Peggy, however, had done classes before and was content with them as a refresher, even if Sobel was boring as hell. Though Peggy excelled when it came to firearms due to previous training in the British army. She along with another Darrell "Shifty" Powers were spotted out quietly by Winters and Nixon as some of the best snipers in Easy. Peggy pleased with that and proud of herself and Shifty, who she'd grown to really like. He was a sweet and kind man who warmed up to her and respected her, especially when he learned of her previous experience with the British army.

Sadly, however, the morning was always dreaded by Peggy and Jamie. They despised Sobel's inspections, both knew it was only an excuse for the man to bully them. He was an asshole with a stick up his ass, something Jamie loudly remarked at dinner one time which led to Joe shoving his hand over her mouth. None of them want Jamie's smart ass mouth to be heard by Sobel and get them in trouble, thankfully only Winters and Nixon heard. Though it had surprised them how different Jamie's personality was from day one, but they just assumed she'd gotten comfortable. "Oh, here comes his majesty," Jamie grumbled from in between Bull and Smokey, Peggy a couple of feet down from her, between George and Skip.

"JJ, stop." Pat said through gritted teeth, a couple of feet down from the woman as well as they spotted Sobel making his way towards them. Peggy, George, and Skip holding back laughs as the others attempted the same.

"She's got a point, Pat." Peggy said hushedly with a grin before it disappeared when Sobel stepped over.

"You people are at the position of attention!" Sobel barked the order to Easy, Jamie rolling her eyes while Peggy seemed irritated. Sobel seemed to say the same damn words every start of the inspection, he should try a dictionary for new words at some point. Peggy and Jamie's eyes trailed Sobel who was just looking for someone to yell at and once again cry that their weekend pass was revoked. Jamie grimaced and Peggy winced when Sobel zeroed in on Frank Perconte, Jamie glanced over and could see Frank straightening up while Sobel stopped.

"This is going to end badly," Peggy muttered lowly, George wincing at his friend's words knowing she was right.

"Private Perconte have you been blousing your trousers over your boots like a paratrooper?" Sobel demanded while Jamie refrained from facepalming.

"I warned him about doing that." Jamie hissed under her breath, shaking her head slightly. They watched Frank pause for a second before he finally answered Sobel.

"No excuse, sir."

"Volunteering for the Parachuting Infantry is one thing, Perconte, but you got a long way to prove that you belong here." Sobel snapped at Frank, Peggy's jaw clenching and Jamie merely sighing. Even if Frank had taken her warnings, Sobel would've found something else. "Your weekend pass is revoked." He told him before moving on towards George. This man really could not help himself but revoke their weekend passes.

"Oh, George, I'm so sorry." Peggy whispered the apology to him when she noticed Sobel moving towards them.

"Name." He ordered the man.

"Luz, George." George replied while Sobel snatched his weapon, inspecting it closely.

"There's dirt in the side rear. Pass revoked." Sobel stated, tossing the rifle back to George before moving on to Peggy who remained impassive.

"Name."

"Valentine, Margaret." Peggy answered, Sobel eyeing her, trying to find even the smallest reason to belittle and humiliate her. Though Peggy would beg to differ she had worse humiliations in training back in England.

"Your shoe is scuffed up and will get a hole in it and your bayonet has dirt on it." Sobel snapped at her, glaring down at Peggy. "Do something about it, your weekend pass is revoked." He stated before turning and heading towards Jamie's direction. Peggy squeezing George's arm while George just gave a small crooked smile.

"Yes, sir." Peggy muttered, her face twitching in irritation.

"Your name," Sobel demanded from Jamie, the woman quickly replying.

"Jacobi, Jamie, H."

"I'm surprised to still see you here, Jacobi. As you should not be." Sobel bluntly stated, Jamie's jaw clenching while Peggy and some of the eyes of the others widened. However, Jamie wouldn't let this asshole get to her. She was tougher than that, she had to be growing up in a military household. "What is your purpose again to this company?"

"I'm a medic for the company, sir." Jamie answered him, Sobel looking her up and down before opening his mouth.

"Your pants still are too long, weekend pass revoked." Sobel glared before moving away and heading towards Carwood Lipton, probably one the nicest men besides Smokey and Shifty in the company.

"I'm under 5'4, it's kinda fucking hard to find shorter pants and I don't sew." Jamie hissed only loud enough for Smokey and Bull to hear. Bull patting her shoulder for a second to comfort his friend.

"It's not your fault, kid." Bull replied, Jamie rolling her eyes at Bull's nickname for her.

"He's an ass, JJ. Let it go." Smokey said softly to his friend to calm her, but he, Bull, Peggy, and some of the others couldn't help but feel slightly angry at Sobel's words towards her. Not only did Peggy work her ass off, Jamie did too. To say she should not be here, well...Sobel was the one who shouldn't be here.

"When did you sew on these chevrons, Sergeant Lipton?" Sobel asked Lipton sternly.

"Yesterday, sir." Lipton replied stiffly.

"Long enough to notice this," Sobel replies, leaning over and seeing the man holding up something. She glances over and shares a baffled look with Peggy who shrugs. They really couldn't tell what it was, it looked maybe like a thread of fabric. "Revoked."

Now Sobel made his way to Malarkey, Peggy grimacing and wincing knowing Sobel would say. She made that joke about his name when she arrived and apologized the second day. Malarkey waved her off and said she was doing it in a friendly manner, but she promised to never make a joke about his name again, Jamie telling him she would do the same. "Name." Sobel stared at Malarkey, Jamie and Peggy holding baited breaths, just waiting what bullshit would leave Sobel's mouth as a reason why his pass was revoked.

"Malarkey, Donald G." Malarkey replied.

"Malarkey. Malarkey's a slang for "bullshit", isn't it?" Sobel hummed, ripping Malarkey's rifle from his hand.

"Yes, sir." Malarkey nodded.

"Rust on the butt plate handspring, Private Bullshit. Revoked." Sobel hissed, walking away once again while Jamie's face wore nothing but sympathy. Malarkey glanced over in the direction of Peggy and Jamie who merely mouthed apologies to their friend who shook his head gently. Sobel was being the ass not them.

"That is exactly why I promise Don I'd never make that joke again," Peggy muttered to Skip and George, both men feeling bad for poor Malarkey as well. She could especially tell Skip felt bad as well, the man looked at his friend as well to check on him. Though now Sobel stalked his way over to poor Joe Liebgott, she never thought she'd think like that the first day. But Joe was her friend and he and no one else deserved Sobel's abuse.

"Name."

"Liebgott, Joseph D., sir." Joe answered, standing straight while Sobel looked him over before Peggy and Jamie saw his gaze stop as Joe's bayonet. The man took Joe's bayonet from him and observed it.

"Rusty bayonet, Liebgott. You want to kill Germans?" Sobel demanded.

"Yes, sir." Joe said, Sobel tapping Joe on his helmet with the bayonet.

"Not with this." He retorted, everyone already knowing that Joe's pass was revoked as well. "I wouldn't want to take this rusty of piece of shit to war!" Sobel yelled while holding up the bayonet, Jamie scowling at the man openly while Peggy merely sighed...again. That's all she ever did when it came to Sobel, she sighed. Sobel faced the second battalion before continuing on his speech. "And I will not take you to war in your condition." He tossed the bayonet to the ground, the bayonet sticking into the dirt. "Now thanks to these men..." Sobel began, Peggy and Jamie rolling their eyes simultaneously, he never said women and they knew he never would. Not that they gave a shit about Sobel. "...and their infractions, every man in the company who had a weekend pass has lost it." He hollered and there was a small pause among them before Sobel spoke again. "Change into your PT gear, we're running Currahee." Sobel called before walking off while Winters turned and face the company.

"Second platoon fallout. You have two minutes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 837 37
Mature 18+ (SMUT) The year is 1944 and Eloise reluctantly follows along on a double date with her friend Peggy. When she meets Bucky, she quickly dec...
95.3K 4.1K 126
Charlie Lancaster leaves home knowing only that she wants to help. There's a war on across the ocean, and boys her age are fighting and dying for the...
45.7K 1.7K 56
Juliette Chevalier and her team have been sitting on a huge secret. A secret they never thought would come out. But when circumstances permit for the...
7.2K 153 13
The year is 1942, Evangeline Yoet was a 19 year old, girl who had finished medical school and was looking for a job. After her brother goes missing a...