how to survive 7th grade

By Olivia_Barron

Maddie Horan is new at Clearview highschool in California. as Maddie just barely gets to this new school, sh... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
soon to come

chapter four

308 8 2
By Olivia_Barron

After we ate we decided to go around the neighborhood and just walk. We were in the part of the neighborhood where there were little cute stores. Just little thrift shops and cafes to eat at if you were just coming home. Spencer stops me in front of a small store called ' Harty's hats'. Spencer holds my hand and leads me into the store. I was freaking out. Spencer was holding my hand! I tried to play it cool. but he was just too freakin cute! As we got into the store Spencer let go of my hand and started to look at some beanies that were on a rotating rack. He spun the rack around," um...I don't mean to be rude Mr. -"

"Jacobs, Spencer Jacobs, we've been through this before remember." Said Spencer smirking as he still searches for something. I laugh," any ways Mr. Jacobs, what are we doing here exactly?" I asked," we're getting a new beanie, since you were being such a cry baby over your old one." He said lifting an eyebrow that made me laugh a little. I went towards the one spinning rack that was near Spencer and started to look for a beanie," what about this one?" Asked Spencer shaking his head, making the back of his beanie bounce up and down. I laughed once again. It was a gray one, and was in the boy's isle," looks cool, but no, you should get it though." I said looking back at my rack," what you don't like it?" Asked Spencer walking up to me and looking at some fedoras that were in front of us," no, it's just, it was in the boy's area, and i think you looked pretty good with it on." I said still not taking my eyes off of my rack of beanies. Spencer looks in the mirror that was next to us," maybe i should get it." He said looking in the mirror and making some funny super model poses. He managed to get a laugh out of me," you should." I said taking off a white beanie from the rack and put it on," yea, but i don't wanna steal your rath of beanies." Said Spencer looking at me," oh, don't worry, no one can  steal my rath, i make these work." I said fixing my hair as i put on my Beanie," that one." Said Spencer," this one?" I said," yeah." He said smiling at me," what?" I asked him," nothing." Said Spencer," mkay, i'll get it." I said grabbing it," mkay, my treat." Said Spencer grabbing the beanie from me. I ran after him as he brought it up to the cash register lady," Spencer, you don't have to do that, i have a credit card." I said showing it to him," mkay." He said under his breath," hey is that Jordynn?" He asked causing me to turn my head around and look, before i could put my credit card in. I didn't see Jordynn, i turned my head to see that Spencer had already put his card in and his code number," gotcha." He said smirking," hey, I said I got it." I said slightly punching him in the shoulder," hey, I just wanted to get you something, don't freak out." Said Spencer raising his eyebrows," fine, but I owe you back." I said grabbing my beanie from him," madds, that was literally five bucks, I think we're fine." Said Spencer. I saw that Spencer had gotten the gray beanie," cool, you got one too." I said pointing at the beanie he was looking at in the store," well, yea, I made it look soo good, I just had to have it." Said Spencer putting on his beanie. We walked around the neighborhood, when we stopped right in front of a huge house. It looked like a mantion. I looked at Spencer," so you live here?" I said," yeah, pretty much, why?" He asked," i didn't catch you as a rich boy." I said,"yea, i am." He said chuckling. We walked up to the big metal gates that were all around the house. Spencer takes goes through pockets, then cuses under his breath," Mr. Jacobs." I said surprised," oh, like you don't cuse." He said smiling then presses a button down," Hey Charles." Said Spencer into the speaker," wow, your employees even have rich names." I whispered," shut up." Spencer says playing around with me. We both laugh," not charles, your dad, charles had some family stuff, whatcha need bud?" Asked aparently Spencer's dad," i forgot my key again." Said Spencer laughing," again? That doesn't surprise me." Said Spencer's dad," yeah." Said Spencer with both of us laughing," is there a girl there? Wow Spencer." Said Spencer's dad," dad." Said Spencer completly blusshing," come on spence, let her in, hey spencer's friend why don't you come on in and hang out for a bit." Said Spencer. Spencer chuckles and looks at me," do you wanna come in?" Asked Spencer," are you sure?" I asked," yeah, it'll be fun." Said Spencer," mkay, i have to text my mom first though." I said. My mom was pretty cool with me hanging out with some friends. So i'm sure i can hang out with spencer. Or spence.

Hey mommy i love you

I sent it and almost immidiatly i got a text back.

Whatcha want honey?

She texted and i laughed.

Can i hang out with some friends, his parents are home.

I texted

His?

My mom texted back

Yeah, but i'm pretty sure we're just friends.

I texted

... mkay, have  fun, and call me, so i can pick you up afterwards.

Texted my mom. J could see that she hesitated on her answer.

Thnx mom, love you

I texted

Love you to honey, have fun, not too much

Texted my mom

Mom! Were not gonna make out! Ugh!

I texted then blushed. I've never really had my first kiss yet. Which i don't mind. I want my first kiss to be right, not some stupid dare or stupid spinning the bottle thing. I looked over at Spencer who was still waiting for my answer," sorry, my mom and i got out of hand." I said," it's okay, so can you come over?" Asked Spencer," yeah, but i can stay for a few hours, i gotta go help my mom unpack." I said," that's cool." Said Spencer pushing the button again," she can come over dad, can you buzz us in?" Said Spencer," sure, come on in guys." Said Spencer's dad. The buzzer went off and Spencer opens the door. As we walk down the drive way that had tiny pebbles, Spencer stops me in the front of his door," so just to worn your, my parents are a little fancy, and my house is, well." I stopped him," fancy?" I said then we both giggle," yeah." Said Spencer chuckling. Spencer and i walk up to his big fancy door, that had a golden nocking handle that  was shaped into a lion's head. Man Spence wasn't kidding around when he said they were fancy. Spencer opens the door and we go inside the enormous house that echoed when you walked around. Soon after Spencer's dad walked up to us. He didn't look that old, he was wearing a nice suit and her kind of looked like his dad, but his dad was brunett," hey spence, who's this young lady friend you brought to our home?" Asked Spencer's dad," dad this is Maddie, she's new at our school." Said Spencer," okay, have fun, but not too much fun you too, i left some money on the counter so you two can buy some pizza." Said Spencer's dad," are you going to work again?" Asked Spencer," sorry bud, i gotta, you know i would stay if i could, i promise we can hang out tommorow, you have a lady friend here today, so hang out with her." Said spencer's dad. Spencer smiles," mkay, your right." Said Spencer," have fun, and it was nice meeting you Maddie." Said Spencer's dad," nice meeting you too, Mr. Jacobs." I said," please call me todd." Said Todd. As todd walks outside he waves goodbye and shuts the door behind us," I think my dad likes you." Said Spencer leading me to the kitchen. We set our backpacks on the counter," want a soda?" Asked Spencer opening his fridge door," sure, thanks." I said sitting at the table," is pepsi okay?" Asked Spencer," yeah." I said settling down in my seat. Spencer grabs two soda cans and sits down in the seat next to me. He hands me a soda and we both awkwardly open our soda's and take a sip," so.." said Spencer setting his soda next to him," whatcha wanna do?" Spencer asked," i don't know, what can we do?" I asked," we can go in the media room and watch movies." Said Spencer," do you like movies?" Asked Spencer," yea, what kind of movies do you have?" I asked," i don't know, but please, no chick flicks." Said Spencer," no promises." I said smirking as i took a sip from my soda," haha, come on." Said spencer grabbing his soda and leading me to his media room. It was huge, it had an enormous tv, a popcorn machine, a soda machine, and two closets filled with movies," wow." I said," you must really like movies." I said sitting on one of the chairs that looked as if we were at a real movie theater," so, what kind of movie do you wanna watch?" Asked Spencer. I walked over to the closets that were filled with movies," how about fast and furious." I said grabbing the movie and looking at it," you like that movie?" Asked spencer," yeah, it's pretty cool." I said," mkay." Said spencer grabbing it from my hand and putting it in the DvD player," do you want some popcorn?" Asked Spencer," sure." I said," large?" Asked spencer," sure." I said. Spencer gets the popcorn for us and we start the movie. Spencer sat next to me and we watched the movie. We were half way through the movie when we both reached for some popcorn. Our hands touched and we both stared deep into each other's eyes. Spencer smiles and grabs some popcorn, we both laugh, grab some popcorn, eat it and go back to the movie. The movie was pretty cool. We finished the popcorn. It was about six o'clock now, so we decided to order the pizza. We both agreed on pepporoni and sausage.as we waited, we played just dance 4 on the wii. I was a pretty good dancer, so i was gonna beat him. We picked out gangnam style. He was actually a pretty good dancer at the end of the game, it ended up to be a tie," wow, your a good dancer." Said Spencer out of breath from dancing," your good too." I said taking a sip from my bottled water. Ding dong. Went the door bell," that's the pizza." Said Spencer going out of the media room. I followed him out to the living room where we ate our pizza. We ate in silence," so what's is your favorite movie?" Asked Spencer," um, hunger games." I said putting my crusts on my plate," what's your favorite movie?" Asked Spencer," actually, it's hunger games too" said Spencer," cool, i like katniss." I said," yeah, me too." Said Spencer," i actually dreesed up as her for halloween, last year." I said graving my phone and scrolling through my gallery. Then show a picture of me dressed as katniss," wow, you look pretty hot- i mean cool." Said Spencer. I blushed," thanks." I said. Spencer takes out his phone and scrolls through it and shows me a picture of him. Dressed as peta! I laughed," yeah, i know, but he was too cool." Said Spencer laughing too. Spencer and i talked for two hours then i called my mom to come get me. We both waited outside. When my mom pulls into the drive way, i look at spencer," thanks for a fun day." I said shyly. Spencer stops me as i step down one of the steps," hey can i see your phone for a sec?" Asked Spencer," sure." I said trying to not sound that excited. I had my phone," here's my number, if you wanna hang out some time." Said Spencer. I take my phone from him, and take a picture of him," say cheese." I said taking a picture of him. Spencer poses putting his hand on his chin and smiled making his dimples appear. We both laugh," see ya tommorow." I said saving his number on my contacts," see ya." Said Spencer laughing and waving good bye. I walk into my mom's car and wave good bye to spencer, and he waves good bye. As we drive down the street, my mom asks," so how was your day?" She asked. Let's see, i met a mean girl, a cute guy, a cocky guy who's in a cast, four awesome and nice girls, walked into the boy's bathroom, made a complete fool of myself in front of my crush, i don't really like math anymore, i almost got hit, got saved by my crush, got fifty bucks, a number from a stranger, got to eat meatball subs with my crush, got a newbeanie, hung out with my crush and i have his number and picture in my phone," it was okay." I said smiling," that's good." Said my mom smiling too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
1.1M 62.6K 40
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
214K 10.3K 57
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...