Fine Line (Boss Story) | KTH

Oleh bangtarifics

COMPLETED | Taehyung is a notorious CEO who is known to be strict, ruthless and emotionless. He is very good... Lebih Banyak

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22 - 18+
23 - Final

17

7.8K 352 65
Oleh bangtarifics

If you end up liking this chapter kindly consider giving it a vote! Enjoy, and leave a comment to let me know what you think! Make sure to follow me if you want to receive updates and be the first one to read my new chapters!

Check out my new story 'Arcade'! Taehyung and Y/N both lose someone special in their lives, causing them to be drawn to each other. However, they might end up playing a rather dangerous game...

Y/N POV

I slowly start to open my eyes, feeling somewhat content with the feeling I'm experiencing right now. I felt two strong arms wrapped around my body, holding me close as I heard little snores coming from behind me.

I smiled to myself, snuggling even deeper in his arms as I closed my eyes again, not wanting to wake up from this wonderful dream that I has become my reality, waking up in someones arms and feeling safe and loved.

But even though this felt like a dream, yesterday's events haven't exactly left my mind. My house is ruined, everything I own is ruined. It was like my life was a contrast between a wonderful dream and a nightmare.

But throughout that nightmare, Taehyung was there for me. He took me in, made sure I was okay and made sure everything was taken care of. He made me feel loved during a time I felt lost and scared.

I remember falling asleep in his embrace last night, he must have carried me to bed. The thought of that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, him taking care of me like that. It's like I'm some stupid teenage girl all over again.

Knowing I won't be able to fall asleep anymore I slowly turned myself around to face him. He stirred in his sleep for a moment, but relaxed once I was settled. I admired his face for a moment, giggling because of his cute little snores.

He looks so peaceful, like nothing in the world could ever harm him, so innocent and calm, like an angel. I lifted my palm and embraced his cheek, slowly pushing the loose strands of hairs back as I smiled to myself.

That was, until he suddenly opened his eyes, startling me as I gasped. Was he awake all this time? I moved my gaze back to his face and saw him grinning to himself, causing me to become positive about the fact that he was indeed awake.

"Like what you see?" He asked me as I blushed.

"I didn't mean to wake you, you just looked so peaceful" I said as he chuckled.

"Don't worry, I've been awake for an hour already" He said as I widened my eyes.

"Why didn't you-" I wanted to ask but he cut me off.

"Wake you? Like you said about me, you looked so peaceful" He said as I scoffed.

"Besides, I had to call the office to make sure they knew we aren't coming in for work today" He said as I widened my eyes once more.

"What are you talking about, I have to go to work I can't just-" I said whilst trying to get out of his embrace, but he cut me off once again.

"Take a day off? Of course you can" He casually said as I scoffed.

"Besides, I think it's best if you stay in today considering what happened yesterday" He said as I looked him in his eyes.

"I remember the last time you decided to go to work when you were upset" He said as I looked down.

I made a scene, I yelled and cried. Yep, I remember that day too, and it was embarrassing. He is right, I shouldn't be going to work today, but I'm worried about him calling for me, what would people think about that?

"I know what you're thinking, I called Jimin, don't worry about it" He said as if he could read my mind and pulled me back into his embrace.

"You need to take care of yourself Y/N, I assume you never take days off which is why we are starting today" Taehyung sternly said as I sighed.

"I do take days off for trips and stuff, I just haven't had a proper reason to do so lately" I explained as he sighed.

"I know, but it's just one day Y/N, it will do you good" He said as I finally gave in, relaxing myself as I laid back in his embrace.

We stayed silent for a little, just enjoying each other's presence as I sighed. It amazes me how Taehyung is able to calm me down with just simple words, there is a certain magic to his voice, how it's so full and deep.

He may come across as cold and rude to others, but not to me. It's like he becomes an entirely different person when he speaks to me opposed to his manner of speaking to others. It makes me feel special, but scared at the same time.

I'm kind of like Taehyung really, but I feel like I will disappoint him at some point, like I won't be able to make him happy the way he makes me happy. In life, I've always managed to disappoint someone one way or another.

He is so kind to me, understanding and loving, but I've always had a hard time showing that side of me to others. Sure, Taehyung being the one I love makes it easier. But most of my kind interactions with others have always been part of this act I tried to hold up.

I fear that I might not know how to love like this again, like I'm unable to love Taehyung the way he should be loved. He has been there for me all the time, but when have I ever been able to do something like that for him?

"What is on your mind?" Taehyung asked me as I shrug my thoughts away.

"Nothing" I said as I tried to play it off, something that clearly wasn't going to work.

"Don't say that, I can feel that you're tensed" He says as I mentally scoff at myself.

"So why don't you tell me what's going on hmm?" He asked me as I sighed to myself, knowing I can't exactly get out of this one.

"It's really not that big of a deal" I said as I looked at him but he seemed unamused with my answer, causing me to explain anyways.

"I just fear that I won't be able to make you happy" I said as I looked down once again.

It's the truth, my life is a mess right now and I'm afraid I'm going to drag him down with me, especially when we consider how much he has done for me already. I don't want to feel guilty every single time I look him in his eyes.

Taehyung stayed silent for a little as I worried what he was going to say. It may be stupid, it probably is, but it is something that occupies my mind and it's not something I should just ignore.

"You know, that was the ultimate reason why I tried to stay away from you myself" He said as I looked up.

"I was afraid I wasn't going to make you happy" He admits as I widen my eyes.

"But I'm no idiot, you told me I'm your happiness and I've seen the way you have slowly opened up to me over the past few months" He said as I softened my gaze.

"And you are that for me too" He added as I smiled at him.

"It's just, my life is messed up right now, I have so much drama going on around me and I don't want to drag you down with me" I said as he chuckled.

"You're not dragging me down Y/N, we are in this together" He said as I looked at him again.

"I'd rather see it as me lifting you up" He says as I chuckle.

"Well, I must say you are" I said as he laughs.

He looked at me for a moment before slowly leaning in and placing his lips on mine, making me close my eyes as I smiled. He cupped my cheeks as he pulled me even closer to him, kissing me softly before parting from me.

"You may not realise it Y/N, but you have done a lot for me over the past few months" He admitted as I frowned.

"What do you mean? You were the one mainly getting me through my personal stuff, how did I do something meaningful for you..." I said as I looked down, feeling bad for not being able to do much for him even though he has done so much for me.

"That's what I'm saying, you don't realise how much you have done for me" He says as I frown again.

"You didn't know the man I was before we met, you caught a glimpse of him, but he was far worse than the one you were confronted with during your first week" He said as I sat up a little, patiently waiting for him to continue and explain what he was talking about.

"When I was younger, I had a lot of dreams, dreams about what I wanted to do with my life" He said.

"I wanted to pursue photography, make a career out of it, art and literature interested me" He continued.

"I loved it, it was my passion really" He said as he looked ahead with a dreamy gaze.

"But that life was never meant for me" He said as his gaze suddenly changed to a sad one.

"I was always meant to inherit my fathers position at SNT as CEO, just like Seokjin and Namjoon, something I knew from the moment I could walk and talk" He explained.

"I had to abandon my dreams and do this in the name of family, causing me to become bitter and cold" He said as he looked down.

"It became even worse when my mother left" He said as I widened my eyes.

"My father was a controlling man, not just concerning my life, but my mothers life as well" He explained.

"The thing is, I don't even blame my mother for leaving my father like that, for leaving this life to start her own, I would have done the same if I could" He said as his eyes started to turn red.

"But what I do blame her for is leaving me alone with him, abandoning me, for being selfish like that" He said as I grabbed his hand, stroking it with my thumb to calm him down.

"That's why I refused to love, why I refused to let woman in, why I never had a girlfriend before you" He explained as I widened my eyes.

I always felt like the reason he never had a girlfriend, even though I used to think he did, was because he was too busy, or was hurt by a previous lover in the past. I never dared to ask, but knowing the reason was him own mother shocks me.

"I slept with woman, used them, just like all of the people around me, I became more and more like my father with each passing day" He said as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"I became the person the younger version of myself would have despised, a person I would have been disappointed to see" He said as I gave him a sad smile.

"And then I met you" He said as he looked me straight into my eyes.

"You brought back the person I once was, the person that no one has seen for years, you brought back passion into my life" He explained as he inched closer.

"You made me feel alive again, you are the reason for my happiness Y/N" He says as I slightly blush.

"You made me feel loved, you are the only reason why I have been able to feel and love again" He said as he caressed my cheek whilst another tear rolled down his face.

"You may not realise it Y/N, but you are the reason I have found myself once more" He said as now a tear rolled down my cheek as well, but he was quick enough to wipe it.

"I had no idea Taehyung..." I said as I lunch myself into his arms, hugging him tightly.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that" I said as tears rolled down my cheeks, feeling emotional about his sad childhood.

I can't believe he kept all of this to himself for all these years, that he refused to let anyone in because his mother left him and his father was cruel. I've always had a very loving family who was supportive, but I can't imagine what this must feel like.

"Is that why you were staring at my family photo's a few weeks ago? The torn ones you picked up yesterday?" I asked him as I felt him nod.

"I was envious, I always wanted to have something like that but never did" He explained as I felt a little pang in my heart.

"But now I have you" He said as he parted from me and looked me deep into my eyes.

"Now you have me" I said as I pecked his lips, causing him to smile.

Suddenly, my stomach grumbled, causing me to look down in embarrassment. I haven't eaten yet, which probably explains this sudden sound. I looked up at Taehyung and he was grinning, making me blush a little.

"Go take a shower, I'll make brunch for us" Taehyung said as he pecked my lips.

Before I could protest, he quickly got off the bed and left the room, but not before blowing me a kiss. I sighed, still thinking about what Taehyung told me just now. I can't believe he had to go through all of that as a kid, that he felt this way.

And most importantly, that he thought of me in this way. He is right, I never realised how much I may have done for him, how much I meant to him. It makes me feel fulfilled actually, like I didn't fail him after all.

I got off the bed and stretched myself out, heading towards the bathroom. As I passed the closet, I picked out some clothes for today, feeling a bit more happy and motived after the conversation I just had with Taehyung.

Once I picked my outfit I walked inside the bathroom and closed the door, taking a towel and getting undressed. It was nice and warm in here, just like the towels as they were heated. I know Taehyung is rich and all, so am I, but he has eye for detail.

I turned on the shower and stepped inside, allowing the hot water to engulf me as I closed my eyes for a moment. God this is just what I needed really, a nice hot shower to wash away all of the stupid thoughts that swirled in my mind a moment ago.

Knowing what I've been able to do for Taehyung makes me happy, but it makes me a little sad to know he had to abandon his dreams for this position. I get it though, I've worked with quite a few high profile people, most of them wished to have done something else.

There are people like Seokjin and Namjoon, gifted leaders who are good at what they do. You can see this job makes them happy. Taehyung is perhaps even better, but it's clear he does not enjoy being there.

He may have grown to like sides of his position over the past few years, but after listening to him talk about photography several times, the way he has so much eye for detail and has a bright smile on his face whilst doing so.

It's his passion, and his father took that passion and dream away from him. It drove his mother away and up until now, it caused Taehyung to distance himself from every human being on earth.

I'm happy that he has managed to find that part of himself again, but it makes me feel sad that his dreams were lost. I chased my dreams, I became successful whilst doing so and up until a few days ago, I was living the life I dreamed of.

Life is rather unfair isn't it?

I realised I got lost in my thoughts and quickly turned off the shower before getting out and drying myself. Taehyung must be waiting for me by now, so I should probably hurry a little. I dress myself and style my hair accordingly.

Once I was finished I left the bathroom and made my way over to the living area. I wasn't able to see the kitchen just yet, but I heard a lot of noise coming from a certain direction. I frowned as I made my way towards the sounds.

Soon enough, I reached the kitchen and found Taehyung struggling to keep it together. There was food everywhere and he was covered in stains as I examined his atrocious cooking skills for a minute or two.

Once he noticed my presence, he stopped what he was doing and widened his eyes. He quickly put the pan down and grinned, making me laugh as I made my way over to him, trying to judge the situation regarding the food.

"Look, I'm usually better than this" He said as I laughed.

"I'm sure you are" I said as I looked at the burned pancakes in front of me.

"I don't think we can eat this" He said as I mentally scoffed.

"No shit Taehyung" I said as I laughed at the situation as he scratched the back of his head.

"I tried my best! It's just not really working out the way I thought this would work out" He said as I laughed, quickly pecking his lips.

"Don't worry about it, I'll quickly fetch us something" I said as I opened the fridge.

"Yeah about that, I'm afraid I may have ruined the remaining food in the fridge" He said as I stared at an empty fridge in front of me.

"Well, why don't we go and do some groceries then?" I asked him as I quickly got my bag, already getting ready to go.

"You know I have people for that" He stated as I scoffed.

"Well forget about that, there is snow outside so I thought we could take a walk to the grocery store" I stated as he widened his eyes.

"You were serious about doing groceries?" He asked me as I laughed.

"Yes, besides, I need some fresh air" I said as he chuckled.

"Alright then let's go" He said as he walked over to his wardrobe and gathered our coats.

I took mine and soon enough, we made our way outside. I felt the fresh air on my skin as I closed my eyes for a moment, just enjoying the cold environment around me. Everything was so peaceful during wintertime-

Ugh.

"Gotcha!" Taehyung shouted as I wiped the snow from my coat, scoffing at his utterly childish attempt to hit me with a snowball, which is exactly why I took my chance and made one myself, throwing it right in his face.

"Oh jesus!" He said as I laughed in victory.

Soon enough, he ran up to me as he engulfed me in a warm and tight hug, making me giggle. He turned my face towards his and kissed me, making me giggle even more because of his cheesy behaviour.

"What made you so clingy today?" I asked him in a cheeky voice.

"You looking the way you do" He said as he kissed me again.

"I love you Taehyung" I said as he send me a soft smile, which turned into a devilish one once he smashed a snowball right in my face.

"You'll pay for that" I said as I started chasing him myself whilst we laughed all of the previous pain away.

It almost felt like we could be carefree, like we didn't have to hide anymore. This is what I want, this feeling of happiness and freedom whilst being with the man I love. It was like my dreams might finally be coming true after all.

But perhaps we were too carefree. If we would have paid attention, we would have noticed we were being watched, we would have noticed someone saw us kiss and we would have noticed that was someone that wasn't supposed to see us like this.

The nightmare hasn't quite ended yet.

***

I'm so sorry for the cliffhanger once again, the next part might unravel a little more!! I hope you all enjoyed this, let me know what you think! Love, Bangtarifics 💜

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

274K 8.6K 20
Kim Taehyung, the well-known CEO of the Bank company his parents raised, is your since birth fiancee. You don't even know that fact. And once you kne...
62.5K 3.3K 17
COMPLETED Taehyung who hated his beauty to the core of hell. Because he believed it was his beauty that made his life a living hell hole. He had a s...
605K 22.6K 52
( Completed ✔) Kim Taehyung arrogant and cold hearted CEO of Kim Corporation , Something happened in his past which made him hate the word Love. Jung...
266K 10.6K 33
[B×B] ff (complete) ✅ I hate you ! I hate you! I hate you ! Kim Taehyung! --JJK I'm going to get my revenge on you Jeon Jungkook , you just wait...