Shadows | Regulus Black

By bbaage1

Madeline Potter. James Potters sister, very similar yet very different from each other. They were always very... More

'I N T R O
Prologue *
'O N E
'T W O
'T H R E E
F O U R*
F I V E*
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
Do my lil dancy dance
E I G H T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T T T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I V E
T H I R T Y S I X
The House
T H I R T Y S E V E N *
T H I R T Y E I G H T
T H I R T Y N I N E
F O U R T Y *
F O U R T Y O N E
The house pt.2
F O U R T Y T W O
F O U R T Y T H R E E
F O U R T Y F O U R
F O U R T Y F I V E
F O U R T Y S I X*
F O U R T Y S E V E N
F O U R T Y E I G H T
F O U R T Y N I N E
F I F T Y*
The beach Date
F I F T Y O N E*
F I F T Y T W O
F I F T Y T H R E E
F I F T Y F O U R
F I F T Y F I V E
F I F T Y S I X
F I F T Y S E V E N
F I F T Y E I G H T
UPDATE?
F I F T Y N I N E
S I X T Y
S I X T Y O N E
S I X T Y T W O
UPDATE

T H I R T Y T H R E E

9.5K 264 1.6K
By bbaage1

Dinner at the potters???? I think yes. Awkwardness?? 100%. Jealousy? Oh absolutely. Enjoy.

A/n oh god I just saw a whole bunch of tik toks about writing dos and don'ts and now I wanna rewrite my whole book-

Today was the day Regulus would be coming over to the Potters. And the day her parents would be meeting the more she refused to talk about earlier that month at dinner.

Euphemia wanted to know what to make and Sirius and Madeline told her that Regulus's favorite meal was shepherd's pie, just like James. And so, Euphemia made her infamous delicious Shepherd's pie.

Throughout the day at The Potters residence, it was hard to tell who was more nervous. Madeline, the girl who was having her boyfriend meet her parents for the first time. Sirius, who was going to be within 3 feet of his brother whom he hadn't talked to in ages. Or Euphemia who was worried she would make a bad first impression or scare the boy away.

Fleamont wasn't stressed or anxious, he was your topical father meeting boyfriend for the first time. And James was just excited for his favorite meal.

(M is wearing that but just the white turtle neck and plaid pants)

Regulus is wearing:

And just like that, it was 6:30 and the boy should be arriving any moment now.

And finally. There it was. The knock they had been waiting to hear.

"I got it," M announced as she jumped over the couch and ran for the door. She took a deep breath then opened it. "Hi." She smiled then kissed his cheek.

"Hi, darling." He smiled back.

"Come on in." She moved out of the way. He stepped through the door, everyone looked at him before mom rushed up to him.

"Hi hi, it's so nice to meet you." She stuck her hand out which he gladly shook.

"You too," he chuckled. "Sorry, I'm late."

"Oh don't be, it's just a couple of minutes." She let go of his hand and chuckled softly.

"So this is Regulus." Fleamont asked walking over.

"Who else would it be?" Madeline mumbled.

He shot her a look then stuck his hand out for him to shake which regulus did. "It's good to finally meet you, Sir."

"Mhm." He nodded his head then went to the table.

"Sirius." Regulus gave him a nod.

"Reggie." He walked up to him.

"How have you, uh, how've you been?" He asks.

"Good. I like it here. The potters are amazing." He chuckled softly.

"Yeah I can tell, that's nice of them to take you in."

Even though they did miss each other. Regulus was still upset deep down, maybe not that deep down, still upset with his brother for leaving him. You could feel the tension in the room.

"Okay, that's awakened. Hey, Reg." James came up now.

"Hi, James." Regulus chuckled.

"How are you doing?"

"Great, yeah. I'm glad you guys are having me over."

"Yeah, Mae practically begged for this to happen."

"Shut up." M punched his shoulder. "Come on, let's sit." She pulled Regulus to the table.

He was about to pull out the chair on the left side closest to the end by Fleamont.

"I don't think you wanna sit there." Madeline placed her hands on his shoulders and moved him to the next seat which would be next to the end where Euphemia eats.

"Come on I don't bite." Fleamont joked.

"Yeah well too bad. I don't want you to scare him off." M whispered shouted to her father.

Within a couple of minutes, everyone was at the table and Euphemia brought over the food. She cast a charm for the water pitcher to come and pour water into everyone's cups.

~

Dinner had been going smoothly. And conversations were great and everything was perfect. Was.

"So with, you know who, rising in power, and your family is, known to be loyal followers of his. Are you going to follow in your parent's footsteps or your brothers?" Fleamont asked Regulus out of nowhere. Regulus nearly choked on his water. Sirius shifted in his seat.

"Dad!" Madeline hissed.

"I'm just asking." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, I. Um. Sorry I just wasn't expecting that question. But uh. To be honest, I don't know what id do when the time came. I'd like to say I'd follow in his footsteps," he looked at Sirius and hated saying those words. He hates being compared to him, even if he acts like it doesn't anymore. "But I just don't know. It's not a simple choice. Not really even a choice."

Madeline reached her hand over to his under the table and held it tightly. Knowing how uncomfortable he was right now talking about Voldemort and his family's dark past.

"Sirius seemed to make his choice pretty easily."

"Fleamont that's enough." Euphemia stared her husband, who was at the other end of the table, down.

"I just don't want Madeline with someone who's a death eater. Or will be one."

"Dad, seriously. Just stop." M shot him a look.

"Alright fine." He threw his hands up. "I'm done."

"Good. Besides. Regulus is better than that." She turned her head to look at her boyfriend. "And he wouldn't ever do anything to hurt me." She looked him up and down.

"She's right. I'd never put her in harm's way." He smiled at her.

Sirius slouched in his chair.

"And not all Slytherins are bad you know." James said as he gulped water.

"More bad than good." Fleamont added.

"Well, my family has been sorted into Slytherin since the blacks started at Hogwarts forever ago. It's not really a surprise that I was sorted there too." Regulus spoke up.

"Exactly," James said. Kind of wasn't needed but he felt bad for the boy too.

"What was a surprise was your brother being sorted into Gryffindor. So it does throw me off guard that he was and you weren't, or even sorted in any other house. I guess he's," he thought about the word he was going to use. Decided against going with the obvious and said "different." He smiled.

"Would you stop comparing them? He deals with that enough already. We don't need to add you to that list of people who think regulus should be more like his brother or the other way around coming from his family."

"That happen often?" Euphemia looked at the kids who all awkwardly nodded their heads. Sirius biting the inside corner of his lip.

"I should get going," Regulus whispered to M.

"I'll walk with you." She whispered back.

Fleamont broke the awakened silence again. "All I'm saying is I would rather have my daughter with someone more like Sirius. That's all."

"Wow," James said under his breath.

"I- um," Sirius mumbled.

"Fleamont!"

"Okay, that's it. This was supposed to be a nice dinner where the most important people in my life meet each other. Not where my father insults my boyfriend in front of me. My bad for wanting you guys to meet." Madeline stood up tossing the napkin that was on her lap onto the table.

She pulled regulus up off his seat with the hand she grabbed onto not long ago.

"I'm gonna walk you home." She said. Obviously not all the way home because there they'd be met by more parents who'd cause a fit.

"Thank you for dinner," Regulus said to Euphemia as they walked past her.

"Bye reg." James waved as they walked out of the door.

"For fucks sake." Madeline breathed out as they walked down the driveway. "I'm sorry. He's not usually like this."

"That doesn't make things any better." He chuckled.

"Shit. Sorry. Again." She looked at him.

"It's okay. I'm used to it. The constant comparing to my brother. Don't worry about it. At least it seemed like your mom liked me?" He pulled her closer to his side.

"Yeah. At least there's that. And I still hate it. And I'm sorry you go through that."

"Yeah well, at least I have you." He smirked as he spun her around to face him.

"Yeah, you're pretty lucky there." She looked up into his green eyes.

"Oh, I'm the lucky one?" He started to walk.

She shook her head and chuckled then turned around, grabbed his arm she spun him to face her again. "No, I am. I got lucky with you." She tiptoed, placing her hands around his shoulder.

He leaned his head down and met her lips. They stayed like that under the lamp post in the middle of the street for a few moments before a car going home from work honked.

"Sorry." Madeline laughed as they grabbed hold of each other's hands and ran onto the sidewalk.

"You know I'd never choose Sirius over you. Ever. Or anyone for that matter."

"Yeah, I know." He smiled.

"I'm serious." She nudged his arm.

"No, your Madeline. My brother is Sirius."

"No not you too with the serious Sirius jokes." She dropped her head back.

"Can't help it." He laughed as he looked down at her.

"I love you."

"And I love you." He kissed her cheek, "and I cannot wait to do more than just kiss." He whispered into her ear before leaning away.

She bit her lip. "Well if your parents are ever, not home. Just send Kreacher to get me so he can apostate me to your place since neither of us is allowed to use magic outside of school yet."

"I think I might just do that."

"Oh and tell that little guy I said hello."

"I will." Regulus chuckled.

"Oh, and we're planning a camping trip. Not the family just the friends. And I want you to come. Yes, it'll be better than what we just sat through because they all like you. I'll send you more info when I have it."

"Camping?" Is all he said.

"Yes. It will be fun. I know it will."

"Alright. Fine. I'll go. Only if it's okay with everyone else."

"It will be." She reassured him.

"Alright and this is where we part ways." She said as they stopped walking. They turned to face each other.

"See you soon?"

"See you soon." He nodded his head.

"Great." She smiled.

"Excellent." He leaned down to kiss her. Pacing his hands behind her back. She gladly kissed him back. Her hands around his shoulders again.

"Alright come on. Soon your mother is going to send a search party for you." Madeline placed her hands on his chest.

"Yeah yeah." He kissed her again.

"Dork." She chuckled but kissed him back.

"Let's just stay like this forever." He kissed her cheek.

"Forever?"

"Mhm." He kept placing kisses around her face. "I'm never letting you go."

"They are gonna find out you weren't with your cousin all night pretty soon. You'd better go."

"Okay fine." He placed a final kiss on her forehead.

"Get home safe."

"You too." He started to walk away.

"Bye, Reg." She chuckled as she let go of his hand.

"Bye, my love." He turned around and turned the corner.

~

A/n I was gonna add more and make it a long chapter but I feel bad for not updating so here's this. Pt.2 of this will be up soon. I just flew to my dad's for the break so I have less free time. Also, I'm breaking out I hate it here bro it's too hot take me back to the snooww

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 38.5K 95
[COMPLETED] REIA LUPIN IS A SLYTHERIN. But her House does not define her. * Her name fell from his lips; the sweet, smooth sound carried away by the...
1M 33K 71
she looks just like a dream, the prettiest girl i've ever seen. 𓆩❤︎𓆪┊Veritaserum, regulus black ...
995K 24.9K 58
Sirius Black has had his fair share of women in his life, but there was something about her that drove him mad. Maybe it was the similarities in thei...
1.3M 37.5K 45
Marauders Era, Enemies to lovers, LONG and painful. "Is there another life? Shall I awake and find all this a dream? There must be, we cannot be cre...