for him | skephalo, fluff

بواسطة donutnom

cover art by cherrylsoda on Twitter a fluff, high school au Zak plans on taking his life until he meets a fam... المزيد

october 15th
we met by the bridge
dumb reasons
bed, floor, or couch
"a date"
the muffin squad
duck plushie
sam and darryl
soulmates and nightmares
father and mother
the aftermath
the return
idots
chapter 14
one last day
moving in
overthrow
festival
who next
interference
compromise
guilt
salutations
cover blown
fiasco pt. 1
fiasco pt. 2
the last sunny day of november
clay's first solo mission
denial
family dinners
teenagers
affinity
confrontation
picnic
shoplifting
hangout
arrangement
the first firework
buddy system
18
revelry
preparation
february
prom prince
epilogue

valerie's crush

4.3K 163 581
بواسطة donutnom

I hate my family.

They're just a bunch of uneducated, homophobic idiots. Why can't they just accept their own son? I love Darryl and that's not going to change. Ever.

I did end up talking to them once I got home from dropping off Darryl to the orphanage.

I tried to explain to them about how it wasn't my choice to love him, and they still didn't understand me. I got grounded and they won't allow me to talk to Darryl or bring him over to the house. I was obviously not going to listen to them.

Who knows though, it might just be my parents. Sam hasn't really done anything or said anything after I came out to her. She doesn't seem to mind that I'm dating Darryl, she just seems shocked. I thought it was funny that her crush was dating her brother.

———

The next morning, I woke up at 6:51, 36 minutes after my alarm. When I finally get annoyed of hearing my alarm every 9 minutes, I got up and texted Darryl. The day we started dating I changed his contact.  

Muffinhead

You
Good morning

Muffinhead
Good morning :D

Muffinhead
Did you just wake up? ಠ_ಠ

I giggle to myself and start to get my clothes to change into. I pull over a light lime green sweatshirt and change into black jeans. I decide to miss out on breakfast and just brush my teeth.

Once done, I walk down to the first floor of my house. My dad is there sitting at the dining table. He stares at me while I walk down. I roll my eyes and try my best to ignore him.

I decide that since I woke up late, I'd walk to school with Sam. "Sam! Let's go!" I call for her upstairs.

"I'm coming!" She yells back.

She runs down the stair while tying her hair in a loose ponytail. We start to head to the door.

"Remember, don't talk to that boy," My dad tells me before we head out the door.

We start to walk to school. I silently walk in-front of Sam. She kicks small pebbles that she found on the ground. The silence was comforting and gave me time to think about stuff.

"So," Sam starts to talk, disturbing my thoughts, "Are you still going to talk to Darryl or are you going to listen to dad?"

"You're just going to snitch," I mumble.

"I promise I won't," she says

I sigh. "Why should I listen to them. Darryl is the only one that gets me. He's the only one that makes me happy. I'm still going to talk to him,"

I see her nod in the corner of my eye. We enter the school and walk over to advisory. We came in, 10 minutes before class started. I take a seat next to Darryl.

"Good morning," he says to me.

"Good morning, do you have a snack? I skipped breakfast," I ask. Sam takes a seat next to Valerie, who sat a table in front of Darryl. He grabs his backpack and unzips it. He took out a small bag of trail mix and handed it to me.

"Really?" I say, shaking the bag with a disgusted look. He giggles.

"A worker gave it to me, it was my reward for helping out. I saved it for you because I know you like to skip out on meals,"

" Aww! Next time save something good for me," I joke.

"Ha ha," he said with a toneless expression, he leans in my ear to whisper something. "Did you ever get to talk to your parents?"

I lean into Darryl's ear and brush his hair out of the way. "Yeah, I'm not allowed to talk to you,"

"What? But you're talking to me right now," Darryl frowns in realization, "Zak! You're going to get in trouble!"

I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow to him. "Why, do you not want me to talk to you?"

"No! I just don't want you to get into trouble,"

I lean back in a chair. "My parents won't hurt me, don't worry. And I've told you yesterday, I'm willing to take the risk for you,"

He nodded as he smiled. "Thanks, muffinhead," I heard him say quietly

———

After 3 classes, we had computer science. I took a seat with Valerie and Darryl.

"Zak!" Valerie greeted me excitedly. Darryl waved to me with a happy appearance.

The computer was already powered on and the file of our 3D model. All we had so far was the head shape, but I could tell Valerie and Darryl were getting started on the eyes.

"So," Valerie started the conversation, "What are you guys planning on doing during winter break?"

I shrugged. "Why is everyone talking about winter break? It's still so far away,"

Valerie shrugged. "It's actually pretty close if you think about it. Time goes by so fast. I was just wondering what you two were going to do,"

I stare at Darryl who shrugged too. "Eh, nothing really. Maybe go on a few dates with the one I love," I say in a cheeky voice, watching Darryl blush with the corner of my eye.

Valerie giggled. "Wow, you're so romantic, Zak! What about you Darryl?"

Darryl's face was semi-red, "I don't know," he says chewing on his words, "depends on what my partner wants,"

Valerie sighs and rests her head in the palm of her hand. "You guys are making me feel so single,"

Darryl and I exchange looks. "Do you like anyone? I bet we can set you up," Darryl asks her.

She jumps up in her seat a little, "Well, yes, but you guys are close with them, so I don't want to make things awkward between me and them,"

"Come on! You can tell us!" Darryl insists, "We won't tell, just tell us please,"

Valerie smiled shyly before whispering a name into Darryl's ear. He gasped, while covering his mouth, making me curious who it was.

"Can I tell Zak?" He asks.

Valerie shrugs slightly. "As long as he doesn't tell,"

"I'm not a snitch," I reassure Valerie, dying to know who her crush is. Valerie nods to Darryl as a signal to tell me. He giggles, excited to tell me.

He leans in close to my ear, and whispers a name into my ear. A name that shocked me. That confused me.  I made sure it was who I thought, and it was.

Valerie told us not to tell them or set them up. We weren't going to of course. I wondered if they would be interested in Valerie, I mean, she's nice and smart, but would she be their preference?

It took me some time to think about it. Valerie wasn't lying when she said that we were close to her crush. I knew a lot about her crush, her crush's type.

Valerie had wavy, long, golden brown hair and kind, blue eyes. She often wore a white headband and a plaid grayish blue skirt paired with a white uniform shirt and a navy blue blazer that usually had at least one button buttoned. Our school didn't have uniforms, but she always dressed in one.

I couldn't be sure, but I'm pretty sure that Valerie's crush was into guys.

Her crush probably had the same type that I did.

"Are you ever planning to tell her?" Darryl asks.

Valerie shrugs shyly. "Maybe. If I think she's into me, but I highly doubt that she is,"

Darryl and I nod in unison. We continued to work on our project. "You should ask her to prom!" I say encouragingly.

She giggled with a flustered sense. "You really think so?"

"Definitely! You don't need my permission, just go for it! Plus, it won't make anything awkward between you two. She might think you're going as friends and if she likes you back then it'll be like a date!"

Valerie shrugs. "She's probably not into girls,"

Darryl and I share disappointed looks. "We can ask her about it,"

She twitched lightly. "Ok. Just don't tell her anything about me,"

We nodded once more. We chose to focus on our project, but I kept getting sidetracked when thinking about Valerie's crush.

I was really excited for prom. I usually skipped it because I never had a date, but now that I had Darryl I was excited to go.

My first prom, 10 weeks away.

—————————————————————————
Thank you for reading part 31 :)

Feel free to give suggestions and vote if you enjoyed!
——————————————————————————

The prom chapter is going to be the last chapter btw
(After the last chapter theres going to be an epilogue and a Easter egg + story details + things to come chapter)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

52.6K 2K 16
WHY IS THIS STILL GETTING READS IT'S FREAKING 2022 HELP Dream grew up in a world where when you turn 16, you cough up your first flowers. It's not ve...
11.1K 148 22
The writing gets better as you read, this was really a huge learning experience for me. - - - This book contains: smut, fluff, angst and more! TW's...
148K 2.1K 40
[COMPLETED] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ok hii this story is basically oneshots of alot of characters. You my beautiful reader are my oc!! You just get...
154K 4.9K 32
Ahah- I've got the motivation to actually make this so. . . . might as well do it! THIS STORY HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY BEEN DISCONTINUED. For reasons why...