Subject #259 [COMPLETE]

By Blue_Birb6

Izuku was a child who grew up in a lab, surrounded by white. He wasn't the only one, sadly, but the other chi... More

Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Searching
Chapter 3: Found
Chapter 4: Home
Chapter 5: New Staff Member
Chapter 6: Class 1-A
Chapter 7: Shouchan
Chapter 9: The Izuku Protection Squad!!!
Chapter 10: Awake
Chapter 11: Leads
Chapter 12: Dilemma
Chapter 13: In Which Problems Arise
Chapter 14: Rescue?
Chapter 15: Lab
Chapter 16: Operation S.I.A.B.H.B!
Chapter 17: Fireworks
Chapter 18: Operation in Action!
Chapter 19: New Faces
Chapter 20: Something Goes Wrong
Chapter 21: Operation G.A.T.K.B.A.I. (a.k.a. Plan B) in Action!
Chapter 22: Memories
Chapter 23: Inko's Story
Chapter 24: The Reason Why...
Chapter 25: A Day of Hurt
Chapter 26: Peace at Last

Chapter 8: Boba

12.1K 444 227
By Blue_Birb6

Word Count: 1270

Izuku's POV

Kaminari groans. "My brain hurts."

"Mine too." Mina buries her head in her arms. "Why is it so complicated."

"Most of this is actually useless information. It's supposed to be intimidating and cover up the real problem." Izuku read over the work sheet quickly. "I can use one of the workbook examples to show you I guess. Can I have a pencil?"

Kaminari hands Izuku his pencil.

"Thanks Kami-kun. Okay." Izuku starts circling and underlining a few words and numbers here and there. "Okay. So the circled portions are the problem. The underlined portion are the values of the problem. The rest is unimportant."

"How come some numbers are underlined and not others?" Kaminari asks.

"It doesn't say anything about that number in the problem, so it's unnecessary." Izuku points to a few more problems. "You can do these problems like I did here. The rest of the problems are more straightforward."

"Thanks Izuku!" Mina gasps. "Oh my gosh, what magic did you do? It's definitely easier now!"

"I mean, this is simple math." Izuku says shyly.

"Yeah, thanks Izu!" Kaminari grins then slowly starts filling out the worksheet.

Izuku walks back to Todoroki's desk. "Can I sit on your lap again Shouchan?"

Todoroki nods.

Izuku climbs back into Todoroki's lap and closes his eyes. The quiet chattering and the scratching of pencils was very calming. Momo and Bakugou had already finished and were idly sitting around.

"I'm done Izuku. Can you get off so I can turn it in?" Todoroki says quietly.

"Sorry Shouchan." Izuku says as he opens his eyes and slides to the floor.

Todoroki puts his worksheet on Ectoplasm's desk and sits back in his seat. Izuku climbs onto his lap again and curls up. Most of the chattering is gone at this point. The sound of scratching pencils fills the room. Izuku feels himself starting to drift off again.

Third Person POV

By the end of class, everyone has finished the worksheet.

"Should we...wake Izuku up?" Todoroki asked uncertainly.

"I don't know." Momo gently taps Izuku's cheek. "He seems to be in a deep sleep. Mina wants to go to the mall later for some stuff and invited the class. Just have to finish homework first. Izuku can sleep till then."

"I don't know how to carry a child Momo." Todoroki says and ruffles Izuku's hair. It was soft.

"I can carry him!" Kaminari pips up. "I've got a little brother at home." Kaminari carefully picks up the sleeping Izuku.

Todoroki stands and stretches. He picks up his bag and slings it over his shoulder. "I'll see you at the mall I guess." Todoroki walks out of the classroom.

"See you later Momo!" Kaminari cheekily smiles and sets Izuku down for a moment to grab his bag. Izuku chose this moment to wake up.

Izuku's POV

Izuku wakes up in a chair. "Kami-kun?"

"Oh! You're awake Izu. I thought you were in a deep sleep?" Kaminari waited for Izuku to blink a few times and wake up before taking his hand and going towards the dorms.

"Where are we going Kami-kun?" Izuku yawned.

"We're going to the dorms where everyone is staying." Kaminari picks up Izuku and ran to the dorms.

Izuku laughed and flung his arms out. Kaminari smiled.

Kaminari burst through the dorms, scaring the people hanging out in the common room. Kaminari set Izuku down and wheezed from laughter and lack of air.

"Oh my gosh your faces." Kaminari laughed and was met with an explosion in the face.

"IF YOU BURST THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE THAT AGAIN, I'LL BLAST YOUR HEAD OFF!" Bakugou yells.

"Kacchan, stop." Izuku said, laughing slightly. "Kami-kun might get hurt."

Bakugou shoots Kaminari a glare before stomping off to his room.

"Kaminari, Izuku, are you okay?" Uraraka goes over to them, trying and failing to conceal a smile.

"I'm fine Ocha-san. Kami-kun is okay I think." Izuku giggled. "Kacchan is funny."

"You know what, let's go to the mall now. We can go get boba." Mina said between wheezes. "No one can focus anymore."

"What's the mall?" Izuku asks and tilts his head, earning many "aww!"s from the girls. "And what is boba?"

"You've never had boba before?!" Mina says with disbelief. "This is code red! Izuku has never had boba before! It's official, we're going to get boba now."

"Is Mina-chan okay?" Izuku says to Tokoyami. Mina was freaking out.

"I think she's going a little insane." Tokoyami answers.

"I don't understand what she's freaking out about." Dark Shadow comes out.

"Who are you?" Izuku pokes Dark Shadow.

"I'm Dark Shadow, I'm part of Tokoyami's quirk." Dark Shadow pokes Izuku back.

"You look really cool Dark Shadow." Izuku smiles.

Dark Shadow bows and goes back inside Tokoyami.

"Izuku let's go. We're going to get you boba. It's the best thing in the world." Mina practically drags Izuku to the boba shop, talking non-stop about the flavors and taste of boba.

Izuku sends everyone else a help me look but they shrug, unable to do anything about it. Izuku sighs and lets himself get dragged to the boba shop.

"We're here!" Mina finally says after a long fifteen minutes. "What flavor do you want Izuku? They have mango, strawberry, peach, lichee..."

"I-I'll just have the original Mina-chan." Izuku cuts off Mina. "Thanks for all the suggestions though!" Izuku smiles.

"You're missing out. Oh well." Mina sighs. Let's take a table. There's many of us here." Mina and Kaminari (not of his free will) pushes everyone into a table crammed with chairs. It was definitely uncomfortable but no one wanted to piss off the Alien Queen.

"So," Kirishima breaks the uncomfortable silence. "How's...life."

Most of the class bursts out laughing.

"Dude, you don't ask questions like that." Kaminari laughs.

"What? It's a good question!" Kirishima says, stifling his own laughter. "I was going to say something else but my brain just...stopped working."

"Kaminari! Get over here now! You too Ojiro and Tokoyami!" Mina's voice rings out across the almost empty shop. The few people that were there hurriedly finishes their business and leaves.

"Why us?" Tokoyami and Ojiro say in unison.

"Just hurry up already! Your quirks allow you to carry more stuff!" Mina yells louder.

"Okay, okay." Tokoyami and Ojiro complies.

"Why me though." Kaminari whines.

Mina doesn't answer. Just snaps a "hurry up!" And carries a few drinks to their table. Tokoyami and Ojiro sigh. Dark Shadow hands Izuku his boba.

"Thank you!" Izuku beams and takes a sip of the boba. "Woah, you're right. It is the best thing in the world Mina-chan!"

Mina beams. "I knew you would like it! You should try a different flavor next time."

Izuku nods and continues sipping boba.

"If you like it so much, I can try making it for you." Satou speaks up.

"Really? Thank you Satou-kun!" Izuku's eyes shine.

Satou smiles and drinks his mango boba.

I wish I could tell them about the lab. But I can't. Not until they agree to not tell the teachers which I doubt. I wish everyone else was here with me right now...Izuku is pulled from his thoughts by a hand on his shoulder.

"You're mumbling again Izuku." Uraraka says.

"Sorry!" Izuku takes another sip of his boba. "Today was fun. But Mina-chan, you walk really fast."

"Sorry Izuku! It was code red." Mina sheepishly says.

Izuku laughs along with his friends. I wish I could freeze this moment and stay here forever. Izuku grins and finishes his boba.
————————————————————————
Hello dear readers.

I'm just here to say that the word counts will now be at the top of the chapter.

Have a nice day/night!

Ty for supporting!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.6K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1.4M 53.9K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
478K 7.2K 82
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.2M 54.2K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC