Shadows | Regulus Black

By bbaage1

Madeline Potter. James Potters sister, very similar yet very different from each other. They were always very... More

'I N T R O
Prologue *
'O N E
'T W O
'T H R E E
F O U R*
F I V E*
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
Do my lil dancy dance
E I G H T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T T T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y O N E
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I V E
T H I R T Y S I X
The House
T H I R T Y S E V E N *
T H I R T Y E I G H T
T H I R T Y N I N E
F O U R T Y *
F O U R T Y O N E
The house pt.2
F O U R T Y T W O
F O U R T Y T H R E E
F O U R T Y F O U R
F O U R T Y F I V E
F O U R T Y S I X*
F O U R T Y S E V E N
F O U R T Y E I G H T
F O U R T Y N I N E
F I F T Y*
The beach Date
F I F T Y O N E*
F I F T Y T W O
F I F T Y T H R E E
F I F T Y F O U R
F I F T Y F I V E
F I F T Y S I X
F I F T Y S E V E N
F I F T Y E I G H T
UPDATE?
F I F T Y N I N E
S I X T Y
S I X T Y O N E
S I X T Y T W O
UPDATE

T H I R T Y

9.8K 261 540
By bbaage1

Dirty thirties let's go. Also, I'm going to make a Sirius black fanfic and a Remus fanfic so message me or reply to this with ideas if you have any or want anything in particular in these books! Oh also I had her middle name as something else but idk which chapter it was in but I'm changing it to Euphemia for her mother since James' middle name is his dad's name. Cool.

Madeline, Sirius, and James took the train to the city to meet up with Lily and Marlene. Lily wanted to take them to a muggle museum before they went out shopping, mainly for Sirius's room but who knows what the girls will spend money on. 

"There they are" Marlene pointed to a group of three whose backs were turned to them. 

The two girls ran up to them. "Hey, guys." Lily smiled. The three turned around. 

"Lily." James smiled at the girl who was standing right in front of him. 

"James." She smiled back. 

"okay anyways. where do we go from here, lils?" Sirius asked. 

"Just a few blocks." 

The five wizarding teenagers began their adventure in the muggle streets, following Lily who was upfront talking with James, behind them was Madeline and Marlene who have locked arms with Sirius. 

"So, how's Cissy?" Madeline looked over at Marlene. 

"Good, she sent me a letter yesterday, well she sent it to my house and my mom sent it to Lily's." 

"When is the wedding?" Sirius asked. 

"slow down there buddy." Marlene chuckled. "Besides, the first wedding we will be going to is those to love birds up there."

They all looked up at Lily and James who were laughing together. "got that right." Madeline chuckled. 

~

Within a few minutes, they arrived at the doors of the Victoria and Albert Museum. 

"Behave." Lily said looking at Sirius and James, "Do not get us banned, it's my favorite."

"Roger," James said. 

"Roger." Sirius finished 

The entrance fee was free, even though they had muggle money they didn't exactly want to spend it on getting through doors. 

They all went their separate ways, Madeline headed straight to the statues exhibition. The walls were white and the roof was a dome shape. There were gold accents all along the walls. The statues varied in shades of white and black and they were all on top of a concrete square. 

Marlene went to the history section where there were pieces of literature and some paintings that went with it. Lily and James went upstairs and Sirius followed Madeline into the room with statues shortly after she entered. 

M stopped at one of the statues and stared at it while thinking, that's when Sirius came up to her side. "That's your thinking face," he said. 

"It's crazy how real these look. It looks as if they were real and they were put into a body binding curse then someone poured cement over them." She chuckled softly.

"That would be some story wouldn't it." He nudged her arm. 

"Hey, It could be real." she looked at him.

"That is definitely a theory." He teased her. 

"Oh whatever, come on let's go look at the paintings." She grabbed his arm and pulled him through the next set of doors. "Whoa," she said quietly, taking in all of the beautiful paintings surrounding them. 

"I think the ones at Hogwarts are cooler." He leaned down and whispered in her ear. 

"Those are magic, and yeah they talk and move but these are just, real talent right here." She said stopping at a portrait of a girl in a grassy field. 

"Eh." He shrugged his shoulders. 

"Do you not appreciate art? I figured as someone who also grew up with old money and a rich lifestyle would appreciate it more." she teased. 

'Exactly why I never took an interest. I do like reading though. Did you know I bring my Muggle books with me to school so my mother doesn't burn them while I'm gone. She hates all things Muggle. Glad your mother isn't the same way." He chuckled softly. "But I can see you clearly love art and reading." 

"Correct you are Padfoot, did you know almost all the paintings at home are done by yours truly." She smiled. 

"really?" 

"mhm." she nodded her head. 

"You should paint me." 

'Oh really?"

"Yup." He smiled. 

"Okay, I will, eventually, but during this summer." she agreed. 

"Yay." he looked at her. 

"Now come on let's bug the others." She pulled him along once again. 

~

Marlene had already joined Lily and James, and when Sirius and Madeline caught up to them they all made their way to the last exhibit. Although with the three girls walking in front, they didn't notice Sirius and James sneaking off somewhere else. 

"Ja-." Marlene turned around. "Where'd they go?"

"Who knows, lets keep going, my favorite piece is back here." Lily pointed. 

"I bet they're up to trouble." Madeline chuckled. 

"Probably." Marlene agreed. 

A couple of minutes went by of the girls wandering about the room when they heard loud footsteps and laughter with a bit of yelling coming from the hallway. They rushed to the door to see their boys running down the steps from a security guard who was rather large. 

"Oh no." Lily sighed. 

"Come on!" James laughed as he grabbed Marlene and Lily's hand and pulled them with him, Sirius grabbed Madeline and the five were off running to the main doors. They pushed through them and ran down the block all laughing and big smiles on their face, even Lily. 

When they got a good few blocks away they all stopped to catch their breath.

"What did you guys do?" Lily chuckled. 

"Nothing really." James winked. 

"Idiots." Marle shook her head with a smile. 

"Didn't Lily tell you guys specifically not to get kicked out of there?" Madeline laughed. 

"Yeah but they won't remember our faces," Sirius said.

"You guys are going to be the literal death of me." Lily started walking again. 

"But not till we're married. We have to get married first." James said walking by her side.

"Right." Lily patted his shoulder.

Later that day James and Sirius went to start decorating his room, they got a few different posters, a few new books that Sirius and Madeline wanted to share, a house plant which Sirius said "Will really bring it together." and a few other random objects. 

~

That night at dinner

"So, how's the room coming? Does it feel like home yet?" Euphemia asked. 

"It's always felt like home, the only difference is my personal touch." Sirius chuckled. 

"Im glad you're happy here." Fleamont smiled as he took a bite of his food. 

"very. Much better than back home." 

"Speaking of back home, how is your brother doing there?" Euphemia asked. 

Madeline choked on her water then started laughing obnoxiously trying to get it out of the wrong pipe. 

"Mae you alright there?" James laughed. 

"Yup." she placed her cup down. "Went down the wrong pipe." 

"Mhm. I'm sure it did" James smirked. 

Madeline kicked him under the table.

"Ouch." he groaned. 

"Kids." Mr. Potter said annoyed. 

"Anyways." Euphemia chuckled. "Where were we?" 

"Erm. uh, my uh," Sirius looked at M. "My brother, Regulus." 

"ah yes, right. how is he?" 

Madeline let out a deep sigh. 

"Is alright, our parents don't hate him as they hate me so it's much better for him there." 

"Well, I guess that's good. How is he doing in school?" 

"Mom..." 

"What I'm just asking about his brother, why is that such a big deal?" 

Madeline rolled her eyes. 

"He uh, he's actually a prefect, with your daughter, and they are also both always going back and forth for the rank of top of their class." 

Madeline shot him a look. 

"Oh, so M, you two must know each other and get along then?" 

"They used to," James said which earned him another kick under the table. 

"Used to?" Fleamont looked between his kids. 

"Doesn't matter. not worth talking about. So dad, how was work today?" 

"You little subject changer." Mom chuckled. 

"Good. But I'm more interested in hearing about you and Sirius's younger brother." 

"There's nothing to say about us. We have the same classes that's all." 

"mhm, sure that's all." Euphemia egged on. 

"Merlin, would you guys just leave it alone already." she stood up, brought her plate to the kitchen, and made her way upstairs.

"Honey come on, we're just messing with you." Mr. Potter called after her. She ignored. 

"What was the about?" Euphemia asked, looking between the two boys.

"Not my place to say," James said standing up. 

"Yeah, I'd better not get involved." Sirius was quick to his feet.

"Not so fast." She said to the boys. "Tell me. Why is my daughter upset?"

"You really best ask her youse-"

"James." 

"not saying anything." He threw his hands up then ran to the stairs. 

Euphemia then stared down Sirius. Sirius raised his eyebrows then smirked as he was about to join the other two in rushing away. 

"Not so fast." Mrs. Potter stopped him.

"Fine. RegulusmybrotherandMadelinedatedbutitendedbadlyandtheyhaven'ttalkedtoeachothersince." He said super fast then ran off. 

"What?" Fleamont asked his wife, clearly not understanding what their third kid just said. 

"Something about Regulus and Madeline not talking to each other?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "We'll find out eventually." 

"wanna go watch a movie?" She smiled at her husband. 

"Sure." He smiled back. The happily married couple of three curled up in the living room under a blanket and put on a movie. They ended up falling asleep halfway through. 

~

Madeline locked her bedroom door then sat in her chair at her desk. She let her head fall back, staring at the ceiling she let out a deep breath then came the tears. She brought her hands up to her face, they traveled to the top of her head, fingers in her hair. Her arms in front of her face where her forehead rested. Her hands turned into fists, hair caught between her palms and her fingertips. 

She let go of her hair and pulled out a piece of parchment and her quill. 

Regulus, 

Im sorry. I really truly am. And I can't keep going like this. I need you, Reg, I need you in my life. No one made me happier than you. But I know it's too late to go back to you, isn't it? Now I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Cause without me you're happier, aren't you? Every night I close my eyes and think about what it'd be like if we never dated in the first place, because as I always tell myself, at least we would still be best friends. At least I'd still have you in my life. And I'm done waiting, I'm done listening to everyone saying "Give him time." I'm done, I don't want to give you time and space, and I don't care if that's selfish, I don't. I love you, Regulus Arcturus Black, and I always will. Im hoping you feel the same. Please come back to me.

-Madeline E. Potter.

She got a few teardrops on it, she folded the letter, stuck it into an envelope, and sealed it shut. She walked over to James' room, his door was open and he and Sirius were chatting till they saw her. She opened his owl's cage and handed him the letter, opened the window then walked out of the room. The boys watched her the whole time. unsure of what to say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 2K 42
A Jily fanfiction! **COMPLETED** James, Lily, and all their friends have just entered their sixth year of Hogwarts. Lily deals with having feelings f...
268K 7.1K 28
*This book was written years ago when I was young and inexperienced. It will be really cringey at times so read at your own risk. I DO NOT support JK...
817K 19.9K 116
𝓛𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓤𝓹 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓴𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓜𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓪 𝓐𝓶𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓪 𝓓𝓮 𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓵. The brightest and sweetest witch in her year. She could neve...
12.4K 450 49
Regulus Black fanfic Read the introduction for more information :) And thank you for giving this book a chance!!! Started: 13th April 2023 Finished:...