π™ˆπ™šπ™™π™žπ™˜π™žπ™£π™š/ c.b

By FanFic_colby_Daddy

Livia Dawn knew it was a bad idea to follow three guys, who were probably criminals, into the woods. Mistake... More

1
3
~π•€π•Ÿπ•₯π•–π•£π•žπ•šπ•€π•€π•šπ• π•Ÿ~
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
𝟼𝟢
Authors note
Book two: Darling

2

5.4K 114 65
By FanFic_colby_Daddy

~2~

I didn't get much sleep last night. I just couldn't. For whatever reason, I kept thinking about the guy at the library. The same thoughts going through my mind over and over again. Who was he, why was he there, where was Mr. Barry. The whole thing simply didn't make any sense.

Eventually, morning rolled around and Amos and Mary had returned from their night shift. It was around 7:30 when they got back and almost immediately they fell back asleep.  Right as their heads hit their pillows, my day began. They will be asleep at least until 1, which gave me a good 6 hours to do whatever I want. I got up out of bed and thought out my day as I got ready.

I had to go back to the library, that was obvious. I needed to see if Mr. Barry had come back or if his, quote, nephew was still there. I was hoping he wasn't, because that made everything even more confusing. If he was still there that meant Mr. Barry left under a much different circumstance than just going out. He could have been kidnapped, murdered, forced out of his shop. But then why would someone want the library? It wasn't exactly the town's most valuable treasure. It all didn't make sense, and I'm hoping I am just being paranoid and it's nothing. But then again..

No, I have to stay positive.

Mr. Barry is okay and at the library, reading or typing away on the computer like he always does. He is was too nice of a man to be gone, I wouldn't believe it. Ever since moving to town at the young age of 12, I have always cherished this library. And since I always came here, Mr. Barry was always there to greet me and recommend me books to read. He's what kept me sane during tough times like being adopted. He was like my grandpa if that made sense.

I snuck out of the house through the window so I wouldn't make noise with the floorboards. I couldn't risk being caught. But since It was a two-story house and I was on the second floor, I had to climb down a tree to get down to normal level. Thankfully I have had 5 years of practice and have absolutely nailed climbing trees. Consider it by hidden talent.

I grabbed my bike that leaned against the brick wall of the house and took off down the street. It was a 5-minute drive, but a 10-minute bike ride. I didn't mind though since it was sunny and nice out. If it had been rainy and cold that would be a completely different story.

When arrived at the familiar blue building, I was surprised to see no one there and the sign reading closed. It was only a Tuesday, it shouldn't be closed today. My nerves began to grow as I debated what to do next. I didn't want to leave, I needed to figure out what the hell was going on. So, I snuck towards the back alleyway and went to see if the back door was open. Which, to my surprise, was. My hand turned the handle and when the door opened I stood still for a second; processing what was happening. Was this considered breaking? I don't think so. I technically didn't break anything so I am pretty sure I'm in the clear on this one.

And who knows, I could be saving a life right now.

I entered the dark building and pulled out the flashlight on my phone, flashing it around. There were a lot of things back here, despite it not being a very big room, it was filled to the brim with books and other things. There was a desk with papers stacked on top of it, along with writing utensils and stamps. I couldn't read the papers though since Mr. Barry's handwriting is absolute crap. My eyes travel towards the wall's which had boxes stacked up to the ceiling. It was strange, and usually, I would think they were filled with books but if they were, then why were they stacked in a way that would be close to impossible for an old man to reach let alone unload. It didn't add up.

As I took a few steps closer inside, shutting the door behind me, the sound of metal scraping across the ground caught my attention. I looked down where I saw a key laying on the concrete ground. I picked it up and looked at it. It was silver with a gold tip, which I found weird. I couldn't look at it long though before I heard the door handle behind me start to jiggle. It could be Mr. Barry in all honestly, but I wasn't taking any chances. I bolted towards the door leading to the main library and shut the door behind me carefully before whoever was here could see me and know where I was. I hid behind an isle of books and stuffed the key in my back pocket just in case.

Voices were coming from the room, ones that a hundred percent didn't belong to an older man. But instead, it was 3 young voices. Well actually only one voice began to speak, but I could hear 3 sets of footsteps so I knew there was more than one guy in there.

"I swear to god Jake I am never letting you hold something ever again. Do you see what happens?"

"I was not the last person to hold it, that was Sam."

"Nope, I tossed it to you when that girl walked in to purchase a book."

"Uh.. you did?"

"I- Jesus"

I was holding my breath, not knowing what to do. I didn't want to make my presence known, I was too scared. These people could be dangerous and I wasn't risking anything.

"Could she have gotten a hold of it?"

"No"

That voice.. It sounded familiar.

I peeked my head around the corner of the bookshelf and locked eyes with the door that was beginning to swing open. I pulled my head back once again and looked up to the mirror that hung on the wall across the room. From the angle there were standing they wouldn't be able to see me. But I got a clear view of them.

There were indeed 3 guys. One of them being the guy from yesterday, and I'm beginning to think he wasn't just Mr. Barry's nephew. The other two people I have never seen before. One was taller than the other two, he had light brown hair that laid messily on top of his head. He had a baby face but it was also matched with a resting bitch face.

The next guy really caught my eye. He was very muscular, but not that ripped kind of muscular. His dark brown hair wasn't styled, instead, it was messy and slightly damped from sweat. He wore all black. In fact, they all did. But this guy wore jewelry: a necklace, a nose piercing, ear piercing, and rings. Large rings. He had at least 3 on each finger, and their size made for a pretty painful punch. His eyes were a deep blue, much like the guy I recognized, but they were a tad bit darker. Overall he was very attractive.

I shut my eyes and channeled my breathing as they searched around for the key that was safely hidden away in my pocket. I may not know their motive, but I know this key must be important if they want it badly enough to return here and get it.

"Just fucking great, you lost it" The attractive guy hissed to Jake, the taller one.

"It's not my fault Sam didn't warn me he was giving it to me!" Jake argued loudly.

"I shouldn't have to dumb nut! When someone tosses something to you typically you're supposed to catch it!" Sam replied back in the same tone.

"Wow, I didn't know that," Jake said sarcastically, rolling his eye.

"Oh really? No wonder you have the IQ of a squirrel"

"Fuck you I do not."

"Wouldn't surprise me though."

"Again, are we sure that girl could have somehow gotten it?" The attractive guy suddenly asked, completely ignoring the two guys bickering.

My heart stopped momentarily, hearing me being mentioned. I shut my eyes and squeezed my hands into fists as a stress reliever. If I got caught, I'd be dead. I needed to be as still and calm as I could.

"No. I was watching her every move and she didn't come back after I checked her book out" Sam explained.

"How'd you pull that off? Were you a librarian or something?" Jake teased.

Sam rolled his eyes "No I was not, what were you? Circus poop scooper? I bet you're smart enough to not pour it on your head? But then again-" Jake cut him off by throwing a paperback book at him, it hitting his chest. Sam was about to come at Jake before the attractive guy put his hand on his chest and stopped him from moving any further.

"Not now, we still have a business to do and it won't look good if Jake has a black eye when we deliver the stuff. Now c'mon it's obvious the key isn't here and Corey is waiting for us back at the spot." He huffed, disappearing back behind the door followed by Jake and Sam.

The sound of their footsteps soon dwindled to an awkward silence and the second I heard the back door fully shut, I let out a breath of relief that they were gone. I was holding my breath most of the time since I was breathing pretty loud. I needed to stay as quiet as I could.

I peek around the edge of the bookcase just to make sure they were gone; which they were. I then stood up and slowly creeped out from the isle, taking every step with caution in case they came back.

I heard a few car doors shut and that's when I realized I needed to follow them. Everything in me except my gut was telling me not to follow them and get myself into even more trouble than I was. But I need to know who these guys were and what their business with this store and this town was. Because it's obvious they weren't from here.

So with this knowledge, I bolted out the back and grabbed my bike from behind garbage where I had hidden it. I hopped on and rode down the alley-way until I made it to the street where I saw a black Mercedes Benz fleeing the area. I figured that was their car and began to follow them, riding fast to keep up with their speed. They didn't seem to care about the speed limit.

This was wrong.

This was so so wrong.

I knew that following them would be a mistake, but I didn't care. I was being stubborn with my mind and going against what it was telling me. I was running into danger and I knew that, it didn't stop me though. I was way too invested, and my past relations with mystery novels may be persuading me to investigate. Either way, I was nervous, and I was bound to get hurt. I mean I took a key that belonged to them. I was more involved than I was letting myself believe.

I guess that just makes this a whole lot more interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132 2 22
Octavia Dawson is a girl that strives for danger,suspense and adventure. She is haunted by her evil past that keeps her awake at night, Octavia is me...
1.5K 195 44
Having a big fat crush on two of the best looking guys in school, at different times of course, no issues. After passing out no contact with them, no...
297K 7.9K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...
3.8K 90 70
Jade Wilson and her friends go to a normal high school and living a normal life; well except for being a part time nerd for 2-3 months of senior year...