Shadows | Regulus Black

By bbaage1

Madeline Potter. James Potters sister, very similar yet very different from each other. They were always very... More

'I N T R O
Prologue *
'O N E
'T W O
'T H R E E
F O U R*
F I V E*
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
Do my lil dancy dance
E I G H T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T T T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I V E
T H I R T Y S I X
The House
T H I R T Y S E V E N *
T H I R T Y E I G H T
T H I R T Y N I N E
F O U R T Y *
F O U R T Y O N E
The house pt.2
F O U R T Y T W O
F O U R T Y T H R E E
F O U R T Y F O U R
F O U R T Y F I V E
F O U R T Y S I X*
F O U R T Y S E V E N
F O U R T Y E I G H T
F O U R T Y N I N E
F I F T Y*
The beach Date
F I F T Y O N E*
F I F T Y T W O
F I F T Y T H R E E
F I F T Y F O U R
F I F T Y F I V E
F I F T Y S I X
F I F T Y S E V E N
F I F T Y E I G H T
UPDATE?
F I F T Y N I N E
S I X T Y
S I X T Y O N E
S I X T Y T W O
UPDATE

T W E N T Y S I X

9.9K 295 704
By bbaage1

Alright so I found this website where I can create characters so I added a face to mr. And mrs. Potter cause we need a face to those amazing people and I changed Alyssa. She's still a red head. Also should I make one for Madeline or keep her as Natalie Portman aka my wife.

Also I'm going to have wolfstar be a thing eventually and blackinnon but with Marlene amd cissy. Yeah lmk what you think!

January 11th, 1976

Madeline, Alyssa, and Camilla were dropped off at the station, they had their bags in their hands, smiled on their faces, and a slight tan on their skin. As much as they enjoyed three weeks with each other in Italy, they were ready to go back to Hogwarts. Everyone's second home.

Alyssa ended up having a short fling with a boyfriend who was at the same hotel as them. His name was Henry, he was two years older, brown hair, blue eyes. They said they'd write each other. Oh right, mentioning that he was from Durmstrang is probably important. Since he was 17 he could apparate which came in handy for the girls, they got to explore more places then they had originally planned on.

~

They dropped their bags off before heading into the train to their compartment. But before Madeline loaded on she turned her head and saw Regulus saying goodbye to his parents. She stared at him, well his back, with one foot on the stairs and her hand on a railing.

"M, come on." Camilla said turning around. "Helllooo? Earth to Madeline?" She still wasn't looking so she walked back down the few steps and peeked her head through the door and she saw what had her friend mesmerized.

"What are you guys looking at?" Alyssa asked, she tiptoed and rested her head on top of Camilla's and  found them to be staring at the youngest Black.
"Oohhhh." She whispered before stepping back into the isle. "Cam, come on." She pulled her arm back.

Madeline then snapped out of it and stepped onto the train with her other foot. Just as she was about to load up she saw his face turn out of the corner of her eye. She probably shouldn't have, but she turned her head to look at him again.

They shared eye contact for a few seconds before she heard his mother ask.

"Who is that, Regulus?"

"Hm?" He turned his head to look at his mother. "Oh, no one..." he looked down at the ground.

Madeline shook her head chuckled with no humor then boarded the train this time and she went to join her friend in their compartment.

She slumped down into the chair and crossed her arms.

"What just happened?" Alyssa asked.

"Nothing. It's stupid." She said looking out of the window as the train started to move slowly. The station slowly started to disappear and the trees started to make an appearance. She then rested her head on the window, continuing to stare out at her surroundings.

~

10 minutes into the ride Alyssa finally broke the silence.

"So, Henry said he was going to send a letter right when he got back to school, so hopefully I'll get mail tonight at dinner." She smiled.

"You think your 'fling' will really last long distance?" Cam asked.

"We'll never know unless we try it, right?" She winked.

"I guess so." Cam chuckled.

"And he's super cute so it's worth it." Alyssa commented which made Madeline finally chuckle.

"Now you don't have to complain about wanting a boyfriend." Madeline joked.

"Exactly. Although I wish he were here in person. I still want a boyfriend to cuddle with, and I have needs. Maybe long distance isn't what I should be doing." She leaned her head back.

Can and Madeline shared a look then laughed. "Oh life must be so hard."

"Easy for you to say. You actually have a boyfriend who sleeps 30 feet away from you, Miss Camilla."

"Yeah I guess I'm pretty lucky."

"That you are." Madeline chimed in.

~

They arrived back at Hogwarts and headed straight to their room to unpack before dinner. Alyssa and cam went down first, Madeline said she'd meet them in a second.

She walked over to her bed side table and opened the top drawer she pulled out a picture and turned it around given it was upside down.

The girl stared at it with a small smile on her face, that smile quickly faded and without warning a tear fell down her face and landed on the picture. The picture was of Regulus sitting on a blanket in the grass, moving towards the camera with a scrunched nose and a big smile on his face.

She took the picture during one of their study sessions last fall, on the hill near the lake.

"I really have lost you forever, haven't I?" She said in a soft quiet voice. 

"Knock knock." She heard someone say at the door.

She hurried to put the picture back in her drawer then turned around and saw her brother.

"Jamie!" She smiled and ran into his arms.

"Long time no see." He smiled.

"It feels like the longest time we've been away from each other." She chuckled.

"Other than my first year here when you were back home. Yes." He laughed.

"I got you something. But I'll give it to you later, I'm hungry." Madeline said walking out of her room.

"What were you just looking at?" He asked, referring to what she shoved into her night stand.

"Oh nothing, really."

"I can tell when you're lying." He chuckled. "But I won't bug you about it if you don't want to talk about it. But I do want you to know that I know it's about Reg."

"No way." She gasped sarcastically.

"Do you really not want to talk about it?"

"Not with my brother, no." She patted his back.

"Fine. But you have a lot of people to talk to if you need it, okay? I won't let this drain in you forever."

"Got it." She said stepping out through the painted lady door.

~

James and Madeline walked and chatted their way down to the great hall, mainly about each other's break. He had told her that Remus had a more violent episode but she didn't know how violent till she saw him later that night.

They turned the final corner to the doors of the great hall and just then Sirius Remus and Peter were turning the corner at the opposite end of the hall.

"Is that who I think it is?" Sirius asked.

"I think it is." Peter chuckled.

"Little Potter." Remus added.

Madeline smiled at the three boys and rushed over to pull them all into a hug. "Hi boys."

"Hi"
"Hey you."
"Hey."

Madeline looked at all of them, starting with Sirius on the left then Peter who was in the middle then she turned to see Rem and what James had meant.

"Oh my god." She said quietly. He had two long wounds across his face, starting at the top left corner of his face and it went to the opposite corner on the bottom of his. She brought her hand up and lightly trailed the side of the bottom cut. "Rem..."

"It's okay, it doesn't even hurt, and it'll leave a cool scar." He smiled.

She shook her head and chuckled softly. "Have you seen Camilla yet?"

"Not yet."

"Well I think your girl is inside already, prepare for more concern and constant 'are you okay' she means well." She chuckled.

~

"I want her back. I don't care anymore. I just want to be with her." He said with his head resting in his hands at the Slytherin table.

"I can't stop you, and I want you to be happy, but is it worth getting hurt again?" The platinum blonde haired girl said.

"Maybe she won't hurt me again. Maybe this time it'll be perfect. Maybe it'll be worth it. I miss her, Cissy." He looked over at the Gryffindor table.

"Maybe it will be. And I can't tell you what to do. If you want her go get her. Or let her come back to you."

"No, maybe you're right. I should let it go. Move on." He looked away from the girl who was laughing her her friends.

"You are so bipolar sometimes." Narcissa chuckled.

"Yeah. I'm just gonna move on. It's the right thing to do. Right? Right. It was just a little school crush. Nothing more. Everyone gets in many relationships during their teen years." He tried convincing himself.

"I guess?"

"Do you like anyone?" He changed the subject and looked at her.

"Oh umm. Well. Sort of."

"Oh really?" He raised his eyebrows and smiled. "Does this person have a name."

"Yeah, she does." She said quietly as she looked over at the Gryffindor table.

"She?" He followed her gaze and tried to tell which girl she was looking at.

"Keep it down. No one knows." She looked at him.

"I feel honored to be the first to know then." He winked.

"Yeah well don't take it personal. It slipped. I wasn't even gonna tell you. Could you imagine if our family found out. I don't think they would approve."

"Well it's not their love life is it? It shouldn't matter to them. Now, you gonna give me a name? For all I know you could have a crush on my girlfri- ex. Ex girlfriend and that's why you don't want me getting back with her." He chuckled.

"Oh god no. I mean she's gorgeous. Anyone can see that. But no she's not my type. Try the girl sitting in front of her."

Regulus looked back over at the table. "Cam?"

"No." She chuckled. "Okay to the front and to the side."

He looked again. "Marlene? Marlene McKinnon?" He whispered.

She nodded her head and blushed a little.

"Oh yeah she's pretty. Do you think she feels the same way?"

"I don't know. I mean there are definitely signs there but what if she doesn't like girls and I embarrass myself?"

"You could ask Sirius if he knows?"

"Good idea, cousin." She smiled at him.

And so she made it her mission to talk to Sirius about Marlene McKinnon by the end of the week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 38.4K 95
[COMPLETED] REIA LUPIN IS A SLYTHERIN. But her House does not define her. * Her name fell from his lips; the sweet, smooth sound carried away by the...
3.8K 120 18
Y/n Potter, the twin sister of James, has always been seen by Hogwarts as 'the fifth marauder.' As the well known rivalry between Slytherin and Gryff...
479K 12.8K 48
"You, an actual Gryffindor, fancy a Slytherin? My goodness! A Gryffindor and a Slytherin? That's absurd! Sinful almost!" ...
14.5K 505 30
Y/n Potter and Regulus Black realize that they're not so different after all. Will their friendship be accepted? Maybe, maybe not Will they care? No...