for him | skephalo, fluff

By donutnom

cover art by cherrylsoda on Twitter a fluff, high school au Zak plans on taking his life until he meets a fam... More

october 15th
we met by the bridge
dumb reasons
bed, floor, or couch
"a date"
the muffin squad
duck plushie
sam and darryl
soulmates and nightmares
father and mother
the aftermath
the return
idots
chapter 14
one last day
moving in
overthrow
festival
who next
interference
compromise
guilt
salutations
cover blown
fiasco pt. 1
fiasco pt. 2
the last sunny day of november
clay's first solo mission
denial
valerie's crush
teenagers
affinity
confrontation
picnic
shoplifting
hangout
arrangement
the first firework
buddy system
18
revelry
preparation
february
prom prince
epilogue

family dinners

4.7K 186 828
By donutnom

TW: HOMOPHOBIA

I look to face Darryl. He was staring soullessly at the floor. I place my hand around him and kiss his cheek.

"I'm willing to take the risk," I say, trying to make sure he doesn't break up with me at this moment. He smiles softly at me before he frowns again. I put my face in front of his, "Look. You saved me. I'll love you forever, and if I lose you, I'll lose myself,"

He stares at me, blinking every other second. Slowly he leans in closer to my face, I felt our lips connect. I was shocked for a moment, before I close my eyes and learn to enjoy it.

Once our lips separate, I look to his face. Slightly red, but cute. He giggled before standing up. He helped me up too.

"Alright muffin-head, let's go back now," I nod. We walk back to the cafeteria, "Thanks,"

"No problem,"I could feel myself smiling like an idiot, "Hey, and don't worry about anyone hurting you and me, because I'll protect us,"

We stopped at the door way of the cafeteria where he giggled. "You're not very big though,"

"I'm not very big but I'll protect you," I tell him as we walk over to the table. We sit down and hold hands under the table. The others were talking about was winter break coming up. I planned on spending some days with Darryl.

We a few weeks until break. I could tell Clay seemed a bit bummed out. He was slouched in his seat, barley touching his food. I could tell he had a lot on his mind.

I kick him from under the table. He looks up at me. I nod my head toward the door, signaling to talk out in the hall. I separate my hand from Darryl's, and we walk talk near the doorway of the cafeteria. There was loud chatter coming from the cafeteria, so no one would be able to hear us. We sit against the wall.

"What's wrong?" I ask him. He looks at me before going hiding his face in his arms.

"This whole Vincent thing has been screwing with my brain," Clay peeks his head and stares at his shaky hands, "I feel so guilty. He was one of my closest friends. And he's gone because of an understanding, I can't live with myself after that,"

I sigh. "I totally understand if you don-"

"No," he interrupts me, "We need to avenge him,"

I nod. Awkwardness was in the air as Clay and I just sat there, silently, as the cafeteria kids talked amongst themselves loudly. I clear my throat trying to break the silence.

"So, have you ever thought about telling George your feelings?"

He shrugs. "I was thinking around Christmas, but my Christmas would stink if I get rejected,"

I nod faintly. "You could wait for prom. It's right around the corner, plus it's in February so it's like a Valentines dance,"

He nods. "Yeah, but if I get rejected, it's like spending Valentine's Day alone,"

"You can always go with friends. How about you ask George to prom, if he says yes go with him, and if he says no, Darryl and I will go with you,"

Clay groaned. "I'm just going to third wheel the whole time,"

I laugh a little. "I'm sure George will say yes. You're a great guy,"

He smiles up at me. "Thanks Zak,"

I nod and stand up. I lend him a hand and help him up. "Come on now," We head back to the table. I take a seat next to Darryl again and Clay sits nexts to George.

Darryl reaches to hold my hand again. Of course I let him hold it. His hands were warm and soft, making me not want to let go.

———

I walked home with Darryl. We chose to hangout at my house for a bit. We hung around in my room for a bit, before I felt I needed to say something. I was laying my head in his lap as we scrolled through our phone.

"Hey Darryl," I say.

"Hm?"

"I love you,"

He ruffled my hair, "I love you too, muffin head,"

"Can you have dinner with me and my family?" I ask him.

"I don't know. I might get in trouble if I'm not at the orphanage soon,"

"Please? Just this once. You're the favorite they won't get mad," I tell him.

"Ugh, fine. But if they ask, you're explaining. But things have been a bit awkward between me and Sam, and I'm not sure if your parents like me or not," he says.

"My parents love you! This time it's just important. I've been talking to a friend, and I've been encouraging them to ask out their crush, but he's been scared because he likes a boy and he isn't sure if his crush is into boys or not. It made me feel a bit better about myself because I'm with you and I'm proud, but I realized I haven't came out to my family, so I wanna do it with you,"

"Uh, sure. Are you thinking of coming out to our friends too?" He asks me.

"Eh. I thinking I'm planning something special for that," he nods.

"When is dinner," he asks.

"Probably soon," I tell him. He nods again.

———

Darryl and I waited for dinner to be ready. After about 10 or so minutes we hear my mom call Sam and I from the kitchen. I grab Darryl's hand and lead him downstairs.

I see 4 plates prepared. "Darryl is going to eat with us,"

My mother sighs. Sam and my dad takes a seat around the dining table. "Zak, you really need to tell us when you're inviting a guest. I didn't prepare enough food,"

"Mhm," I say, pulling up a chair for Darryl. She sighs again. We start to dig in. The conversation is awkward, it was just my parents asking Darryl questions like how his day was and how we were doing at school.

It was silent for a few seconds, before I decided it was time to tell them. I nudge Darryl a bit before clearing my throat. Darryl giggles nervously.

I clap my hands together. "I have an announcement," I say.

"What is it, Zak?" My mom asks me.

I sweat a bit, scared for their reaction. Darryl chugs on a glass of water that offered to him by parents. I hold his hand from under the table, holding it tight. I could tell Darryl was nervous for me.

"Well?" My dad says impatiently.

Darryl nods to me as reassurance. I laugh a bit awkwardly. I could tell Sam knew what I was doing.

"Well, Darryl isn't just a friend. He's my boyfriend. And I'm bisexual,"

Silence.

"What?" My father asks in a stern tone. "Darryl, get out,"

Darryl nods awkwardly and starts to get up. I grab his arm before he can leave. "What? No! Darryl stay," Darryl sat back down a bit confused on what to do.

"Zak! It's not natural. This is just a phase," my dad says. My mom stayed silent, but I could tell she agreed with my dad. Sam sat there awkwardly, watching the scene.

I stood up and slammed my hands down on the table. "No it's not! I love Darryl, and nothing is going to change about that,"

My parents turn to look at Darryl, who was awkwardly sitting, trying his best to calm me down. "Then Darryl is not allowed to step foot in this house,"

"That's such bullshit! You can't accept your own son? I'm not going to change anything because I love who I am, and you should too! I love Darryl more than you can understand,"

Darryl stands next to me and grabs my hand, trying to calm me down. "It's ok, Zak. It's not as bad as how my parents reacted, I'll just leave,"

My dad stood up too. "Don't touch my son," he's yells at Darryl. Darryl whimpered quietly.

My blood boiled. "Don't yell at him!"

"I'll just leave, it's ok," Darryl told me in a shaky voice.

"I'll walk you home," I tell him. He nods and head toward the door.

"You are not going with him," my dad tells us.

I stick the middle finger up at him and hold Darryl's hand. "Fuck you guys," I tell them, before we exit the house. I slam the door.

Cool breeze hit our face. "Please don't break up with me," he tells me.

"Are you kidding. Of course I won't. Did you forget about earlier today? If I lose you, I lose myself," I tell him giving him a soft peck on the cheek. We sit at the steps of my porch to talk before I walk him to the orphanage.

He placed his head on my shoulder. He puts his arm around my shoulder in a position of comfort. My heart fluttered and I felt warm, even in the cold air. I kiss him as a thank you.

"I'll love you forever and always," I tell him.

He looks up at me a smiles. "I'll love you forever and always, too," he tells me.

It was the perfect time to kiss him, but I didn't because I didn't want to ruin the pure moment. "And don't worry. I'll talk to my parents later. I'll make sure that they don't hurt you in any way. It's my promise,"

He giggles, making my heart beat faster. "Thank you. Now walk me home, muffin head,"

We get up and start to walk. We held hands as we walked to the orphanage. We joke and have deep conversations until we get to the orphanage. The time was about 7. We stare at the entrance of the orphanage. Darryl sighs.

"I'm going to be in so much trouble," he complains.

I giggle a bit. I walk up to the door with him. I hold his hands. "This is goodbye," I tell him.

"It is. Thank you, Zak, for everything,"

I giggle. "No problem. And don't worry about it. I'll talk to my parents when I get home," He nods.

I give him a goodbye kiss on the lips, and journey home.

—————————————————————————
Thank you for reading part 30 :)

Feel free to give suggestions and vote if you enjoyed!
——————————————————————————

I just wanted to thank you guys for all of the support, the support has been crazy! You guys are the nicest and your comments are always funny and make my morning! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 841 15
Hello! This is a story what I'll write in night time. I'm planning to do an average 1000 words per chapter. In my other stories, it was around 150, s...
50.9K 2.2K 10
Darryl is a 20-year-old with a multi-purpose service dog, Lucy. He has dysautonomia and PTSD so severe that it's debilitating. He goes to college wit...
11.1K 146 22
The writing gets better as you read, this was really a huge learning experience for me. - - - This book contains: smut, fluff, angst and more! TW's...
67.1K 3.1K 30
[Completed-7/1/20] ~One day Skeppy(Zak) dreams of being a dog. Okay, so what? But then the next night and nights after that he is having the same dre...