What Makes You Beautiful? | h...

By n1ghtchanges

At the age of 18, the one thing Charli Rose doesn't want to worry about is her parents death; but unfortunate... More

prologue
one: beginnings & pep rallys
two: a house party & harry
three: band practice
four: battle of the bands
five: hangovers at nando's
seven: girls night out (pt. two)
eight: freakouts & car rides
nine: first gig & bitches
ten: harry styles & zayn malik
11: pranks & punches
12: charlotte & a crazy girl
13: stalker problems
14: chase & celebrations
15: morning after & texts
16: sleepovers & spice girls
17: dinner & heathrow
18: pickups & introductions
19: homecoming
20: georgia meets the guys
21: blast from the past
22: you lot are the worst
23: backyard talks
24: are you chicken?
25: together, we are trouble
26: niall's basement
27: date night*
28: maggie time
29: what the f
30: phone conversations
31: the devil himself
32: encounter with the devils mistress
33: two pieces
34: what do you have in mind?
35: stonehenge
36: when disaster strikes
37: breakdown
38: girl talk
39: alone time
40: blurred
41: walking in
42: are you done yet?
43: i really like you
44: i need a change
45: change is good
46: almost caught
47: drunk
48: best friends
49: thorpe park
50: lets try this again?
51: you're crazy*
52: road trip
53: crying on the beach
54: did he just?
55: the truth hurts
56: what happened?
57: serenade in a tent
58: surprise text
59: moving in
60: you'll pay for that
61: no, i'm harry*
62: bad luck*
63: dinner & a movie*
64: i'm here
epilogue
bonus: the wedding
bonus: the reception
bonus: flowers and garters*
bonus: the honeymoon
bonus: first ultrasound
bonus: announcements
bonus: new addition

six: girls night out (pt. one)

369 5 5
By n1ghtchanges

*Charli POV*

Band practice today had gone quite smoothly. The guys had sat down every day the since the initial talk with Chase, and had been writing songs.

They now had five songs completed, and were taking a break to eat.

I'd spent the majority of the day reading on the couch in Niall's garage, as the guys sat sprawled out around the small room, giving out random ideas. Niall had his acoustic guitar out, and was strumming the strings on it.

The tune was familiar, something I've heard many times before.

Today is gonna be the day,
That they're gonna throw it back to you.
By now you should've somehow,
Realized what you gotta do.

"Oh my gosh," my head shot up from the book, and I looked over at Niall. "Niall, I love this song."

He smiled and continued to strum the strings, "It's such a good song."

"Absolutely," Zayn added. "It's probably one of her favourites. Like ever."

"You guys should play this song. Do you know the lyrics?"

"Well, I do," Zayn chuckled. "I've only had to listen to it what seems like a billion times."

"Hush, you," I smiled, looking down at him sitting at the foot of the couch, and pointed my finger at him. "Really though. What do you guys think about that?"

"I'd need to learn the lyrics, but I think it would be cool," Liam answered.

"Wait, you don't know the lyrics?" I asked, dumbfounded by his statement. "How is that possible?"

"Char, not everyone listens to this song a hundred times a day," Zayn laughed. He stood up off the floor and sat down beside me on the couch. "Some people like to listen to a variety of music."

"Just because I know what I like doesn't mean I don't also like to listen to other things!" I tried to sound tough, but ended up laughing. "You know what? You suck."

"So, not to interrupt this adorable moment you two have going on, but I guess we'll learn the lyrics then, and play this song too?" Louis cut in. "Char, you don't have to worry about me. I already know this song."

"Thank you! Someone with good taste!"

"Hey, that hurts!" Liam whimpered, holding his hands up to his heart and pretending to cry.

"Hey guys, um, so you know how I said I'd talk to Ed?" Harry looked up from his phone. "So, he's kind of like, outside?"

"What?" Niall asked. "Ed?"

"Yeah. Sheeran? The red head from the comp the other day?" Harry added. "He's here to help us write some songs if you want?"

"Why is he waiting outside then?" Zayn asked, standing up and walking over to the garage door and opened it. I could hear him talking to someone outside, before he walked back in with the man from Friday. "Guys, this is Ed."

"Hello all!" he said, placing a huge grin on his face.

"This blondie here is Niall. The guy on the chair is Louis. Liam is the one on the floor. My girl, Charli, and of course you know Hazza."

"Hi, Ed!" I walked over to him, and gave him a quick hug. "I'm Charli!"

"Hello, Charli," Ed blushed, and shoved his hands into his pockets. "So, you guys are looking to write some songs?"

"Yeah," Harry stood up, walking over to Ed. He stuck his hand out, and Ed shook it. "Good to see you again mate."

"Likewise," Ed smiled. "Lets get started then, shall we?"

-

If we could only have this life,
For one more day,
If we could only turn back time.

To say this new song with Ed was good is an understatement. This guy was extremely talented. During breaks, he spoke about how he had written loads of songs with people in the industry.

"How is it?" Niall asked. "The music industry, I mean."

"It's tough," Ed admitted. "You need to have your head in the game 110% of the time, otherwise they'll slaughter you."

"Makes sense."

"But, if you can actually achieve something, and make a name for yourselves, it's completely worth it. Doing what you love to do, every day."

"Okay, okay, break time is over!" Harry cut in. "Let's finish this song up. Poor Ed doesn't want to be stuck here all night now."

-

I sat on my bed with my laptop, looking through post after post of nonsense my Twitter feed.

Nonsense.
Nonsense.
When did I start following you? *unfollow*
Nonsense.

@brookewalker: I want to go to see 22 jump street. #dayumchanning

Interesting. I picked up my phone and opened the messages app.

To Brookie: Let's get dinner and go to a movie.

I sat my phone down on my bed, before turning my attention back to the laptop.

@brookewalker: love me. <3
@brookewalker: someone be my friend.
@brookewalker: do you ever feel like a plastic bag drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?
@brookewalker: just found the hottest pic of channing ever. underwear. shower. wet. done.

From Brookie: PLEASE BAE I MISS YOU xx

To Brookie: Ugh, please don't call me bae. It means shit. I'll pick you up in 20?

From Brookie: YAY IMU SO MUCH BABY GIRL xx

I stood up from my bed, and walked to my closet. I slid into a burgundy dress, and threw a blue jean vest on top. I grabbed a pair of gold boots and slid my feet into them.

'Perfect' I thought.

I ran down the stairs, and made my way to the door.

"Honey? Is that you?"

"Hey, Gram," I stopped in my tracks. "What's up?"

"Nothing. Where are you going?"

"Out with Brooke. Dinner and a movie."

"Oh, no Zayn?" she frowned.

"No, Gram. No Zayn."

"Oh, well have fun!" she smiled. "Tell Brookie I say hi!"

"Will do!" I waved and walked off towards the door. I ran and jumped into my car, tossing my purse onto the passenger seat, plugging my phone in and quickly turned the car on. A familiar tune started playing in the speakers, and I sang along as I backed out of the driveway.

I got your picture,
I'm coming with you,
Dear Maria count me in.

I continued my drive to Brooke's house. She only lived a few blocks away, and I had arrived early. I pulled into the driveway and put the car in park. I quickly picked up my phone off the passenger seat and opened the messages app.

To Brookie: I'm outside. If you want it come and get it :P

I opened up a new message and quickly started typing.

To Boyfriend: Hey babe. How is practice?

I sighed, and leaned my head back against the headrest and closing my eyes.

My phone beeped, and I opened my eyes, looking at the screen.

From Boyfriend: Good, we have two songs started. They're coming along good

To Boyfriend: Yay! Can't wait to hear them.

From Boyfriend: Come? We're having a break but I wanna see you xx

To Boyfriend: I'm just picking up B, we're having a girls night.

From Boyfriend: Okay, text me when you're done. IMU xx

There was a tap on the window, and when I looked up Brooke was standing there holding her hands up.

"Whoops!" I mumbled, reaching to the button on the door and hitting unlock. "Sorry, forgot I locked it!"

To Boyfriend: K love you <3

Brooke sat down next to me and smiled. "I MISS YOU BITCH!"

"I miss you too!" I squealed, leaning over and giving her a big hug. "So, I checked, and it's playing at Leicester Square at 7:30."

"Can we please go to Yates? I have a craving for a Sloppy Mac Burger!" she grinned, rubbing her stomach. "My treat?"

"You had me at Yates. But you can pay if you want, babe!" I giggled, putting the car in reverse, and slowly backing out of the driveway.

-

We parked in the lot, and made our way over to the restaurant. Once we got inside, we let the hostess know there were two of us, and she led us over to a booth on the left side of the restaurant.

"Your server Michael will be out shortly to take your orders, but for now can I grab you two ladies a drink?"

"I'll have a water," I smiled.

"Ditto," Brooke chirped.

She smiled as she walked away, towards the kitchen.

"So, how's life?" she chuckled. I just stared at her. "Oh Charli, you never cease to humor me."

"How so?"

"I don't know, I guess you just do."

"Okay?" I furrowed her brows. "I miss you. I feel like we haven't seen each other in a year."

"It has literally been one week," she laughed.

"I know, I've just been sucked into my boring life of doing nothing other than sleeping. That, and band practice with the boys," I sighed. "I haven't spoke to you since before their show!"

"Nialler has text me a few times, but I thought I'd for sure hear from you!"

"I know, and I'm sorry," I frowned. I've been a bad friend. I know Zayn is my boyfriend, but I've known Brooke since we were three. "I'm here now, and I want to tell you everything!"

"Like how the boys won the show!?" she almost shouts. "You didn't even tell me that, bitch!"

"Brooke!" I shout, looking around at the other patrons in the room. She just shook her head and I blushed.

"So, how has it been with Harry in the band?"

"He gets along really well with all the guys," I smiled. "They've been writing some new songs lately."

"Oh?" she had a puzzled look on her face. "Why?"

"Hi ladies!" a male voice interrupted us. "My name is Michael, how are you two doing tonight?"

My eyes travelled over to our server. That red hair looked familiar. "Hi, Michael was it?" He grinned, showing his pearly whites. "I think I know you?"

"You do?" he and Brooke said at the same time.

"Yeah, I was at the battle of the bands on Friday."

"Oh, you were?" he smirked. "Like what you saw?"

"Easy there, tiger," Brooke scolded. "She's taken."

"I am. But Brooke on the other hand-" I was kicked under the table. "Ouch!"

She narrowed her eyes at me, before blushing.

"My boyfriend is in One Direction," I grinned. "Your band was really good! I was quite impressed."

"Oh sick! They were really good. I'm not usually into the whole boy band thing, but they definitely knew how to work it."

"Oh snap, don't call them a boy band in front of Zayn. He loses his shit," Brooke laughed. "He honestly hates being called a boy band. I make fun of him all the time for it."

"You're such a bitch," I laughed, earning a frown from Michael. I looked up at him and sighed, "Don't worry. It's my pet name for her. She calls me bae, which means shit. I call her bitch, which means... she's a bitch?"

He burst out laughing, and soon Brooke and I were following suit.

"So, before I get fired for not working, can I get you two anything?"

"Well, we ordered two waters from... um, the girl that brought us to our table, but she never came back," I looked around for her, and couldn't see her.

"Oh, Lucy," Michael sighed. "Yeah, she tends to do that. I guess if you sleep with the management, you can get away with everything."

I covered my mouth to hide my smile, "Seriously?"

"Yeah, I mean, she tries to hide it but everyone knows," he smirked. "Let me go get your waters, and I'll be back to take your orders."

I looked down at my phone to check the time. It was 5:25. We had lots of time. I set my phone onto the table and looked up to see Michael cheerfully walking towards us, to glasses of water in his hands.

"Here you go, ladies," he smiled, placing them on the table, and pulling out two straws from his pocket. "Have you two decided what you want yet?"

"Only on the way over here, Michael!" Brooke laughed. "I want a Sloppy Mac Burger, preferably extra sloppy, but I'll take what I can get."

"Oh gosh, Brooke," I hid my face.

"And for you, uh," Michael looked down at me.

"Charli," I smiled. "Can I get a Dirty Dog please?"

"And you thought I was bad," Brooke smirked.

"What?" I frowned. "You know I like pulled pork!"

"I'll bet you do."

"Oh my gosh, Brooke."

"Well, um, this has been sufficiently entertaining," Michael smiled. "I'll go put your order in." He turned and walked towards the kitchen.

"So, you were saying the guys are writing song songs?"

"Yeah! They've been working with one of Harry's friends, Ed," I smiled. "He's an amazing writer."

"Why are they writing stuff?"

"Oh! So, they won battle of the bands, which you said Niall told you, and I regret not instantly texting you, but I was kind of, um, busy?"

"I'll bet," she smirked, not losing my eye contact.

"Anyways. The day after, we went to Nando's, and a man approached them," I started, and took a sip of my water. "He handed them a business card, saying he was in charge of booking bands to play at 12 Bar Club. He wants them to play some gigs there."

"Oh my gosh, really? That's exciting!"

"The guys are pretty excited. They've been at Niall's place around the clock. I'm pretty sure his parents are wondering why they now have five sons."

"Wha- Seriously?"

"Poor Ed probably hasn't left either. He'd been there over a day when I left. I love the guys, but I can only do so much of them when we're confined to one room," I snickered. "And that was two days ago."

"Here you are ladies!" Michael said, placing the plates down in front of us. "I'll be back in a few to check up."

"Thanks, Michael!" Brooke laughed, staring down at her burger. "This looks fucking delightful."

I laughed quietly to myself as I started munching on some chips. I looked up, and Brooke had already managed to devour half of her burger. "Easy there, skip."

"Skip? Really?" she mumbled through a full mouth.

"Go easy, you don't want to make yourself sick," I laughed, starting on my dog.

"It's just so good."

As I was chewing, I looked around and saw Michael staring at us, a smirk plastered across his face. He pushed himself off the bar, and started making his way over. I quickly swallowed the food, "B, Michael's coming."

She choked on her food before picking up a napkin and covering her mouth with it.

"How's it going, ladies?"

"Good!" I grinned.

"Someone's enjoying their food?"

Brooke sat quietly chewing, not making eye contact with him. I looked over at her and shook my head.

"What are you two ladies doing later?"

"We have a movie to go to at 7:30," I turned back to face Michael. "What about you? Work all night?"

"Nah. I'm done work at 8:00. My band has a set tonight at Dublin Castle, if you're interested in going? We go on at 10:00," Michael smiled, placing his hands on his hips. "I'd love it if you could make it?"

Brooke grinned, and rapidly shook her head. "Absolutely!"

"Bring the guys if you want, I'd love to chat with them," Michael smiled. "But I don't want to keep you two from your movie."

"We'll be seeing you then?" Brooke blushed, looking up at Michael, who nodded and turned to walk back to the bar.

------------------------------

Authors Note:

Thank you all for reading this! This was kind of just a filler chapter... Had to get this story on the move!

I apologize for the delay in this chapter being posted... I'm still writing the next few chapters and didn't want to post this without having anything concrete set in the plot!

As always, if you enjoy this, please vote and comment! (Or even share it with someone you think will enjoy it!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 64 23
15 year old Lauren Styles always considered Harry, her brother, one if her best friends. Then, he disappears on your with his band without telling he...
1.2K 89 22
Shaiden and Harry have been dating for a few months now. Harry had to move back to England with his mom after his grandma had passed away which resul...
5.6K 73 87
Y/n Y/l/n, a 21 year old, successful singer, disappeared for two years without anyone knowing the reason. She had to keep it a secret, she wanted it...
2.1K 17 20
Ashley was an average teenage girl, she hangs out with friends, is in the band and loves One direction. But her normal life changes when she goes to...