CARELESS WHISPER , h. granger

By laraeatszombies

❛ i wish i could live without you but you're a part of me ! ❜ hermione granger x fem!oc © LARAEATSZOMBIES More

a/n
▌𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓 * ✧ 。゚・
▌𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 * ✧ 。゚・
↳ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈. ✧ 。゚
ii. buckbeak and draco is weak
iii. werewolves and tutors
iv. study sessions
v. patronus charms
↳ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈. ✧ 。゚
vi. late-mothers and train rides
vii. quidditch stars and competitions
viii. otters and unforgivable curses
ix. glory and bets
x. potter stinks
xi. the friendzone
xii. love and loss
↳ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈. ✧ 。゚
xiii. twelve grimmauld place
xiv. nargles and new teachers
xv. dolores umbridge
xvi. i must not disrupt lessons
xvii. dumbledore's army
xviii. that blonde girl
xix. a very weasley christmas
xx. the betrayal
xxi. threstrals and puking pastilles
xxii. the department of mysteries
↳ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐕. ✧ 。゚
xxiii. situationship
xxiv. divine minds
xxv. birth charts and amortentia
xxvi. property of the halfblood prince
xxvii. the dinner party
xxviii. the misunderstanding
xxix. party arrangements
xxx. i hear a symphony
xxxi. muggle musicals and house fires
xxxii. the prophecy
xxxiii. everything is changing
↳ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐕. ✧ 。゚
xxxiv. george the saint
xxxv. the wedding
xxxvi. return to grimmauld place
xxxvii. regulus black
xxxviii. splinched
xxxix. i love you
xl. pubs and snatchers
xli. make up and make out
xlii. the peverell brothers
xliii. the truth
xliv. shell cottage
xlv. return to hogwarts
xlvi. no time to die
xlvii. sign of the times
xlviii. in another life
xlix. pity the living
▌ 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 * ✧
▌ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 * ✧

i. reputations and expectations

17.7K 518 228
By laraeatszombies

"YOU'VE GOT EVERYTHING, DON'T YOU?" uncle mercutio questioned his niece as they stood on the bustling platform of 9 and 3/4, where all the hogwarts students were awaiting their departure.

paris nodded. "yes, uncle. i've got everything."

"books, robes, wand?"

"yes, everything." she smiled, before mercutio gave her a big hug goodbye and she got onto the train.

mercutio had been paris lovelace's guardian for as long as she could remember. her muggle father left before she was born, upon discovering that paris' mother, odessa lovelace, was a witch. her mother later then died in a house fire when paris was only a toddler; although, it was speculated that she had initiated the fire.

the brunette found herself an empty compartment, quickly snapping it up before any others could, and sliding the door closed.

she wasn't in her slytherin robes yet, still clothed in a grey sweater and mom jeans to keep her from falling-ill from the bitter autumn weather.

the girl thought it would be best to indulge herself in a good book as the hogwarts express moved steadily north. the scenery outside the window became wilder and darker while the clouds overhead thickened.

it was probably around two o'clock when paris' page-turning was interrupted by the squeaking of the trolley witch's cart wheels.
she was quite peckish so she turned her book over and laid it onto the seat to keep her place— not wanting to crease the pages. she wandered down the threshold to meet the trolley witch, who was speaking to a few students in the end compartment, who she immediately recognised to be harry potter, ron weasley and hermione granger.

"don't worry, dear," the witch said, referring to the sleeping professor that was slumped up against the frosted window. "if he's hungry when he wakes, i'll be up front with the driver."

"may i have a pumpkin pasty, please?" paris asked, handing over a handful of coins.

"nice manners for a slytherin." the weasley boy murmured under his breath— assuming paris wouldn't hear him— but she did.

she rolled her eyes, ignoring the red-headed boy's remarks. she was already used to the stigma that came with being in the salazar-founded house and it mostly didn't seem to bother her.

her uncle had been almost as shocked as she had been when he found out— claiming 'she had a heart of gold just like her mother' but she soon reassured him with the fact that she wasn't going to be taking over the wizarding world with dark magic any time soon.

her ambition was to be an auror— fighting the dark magic instead of fuelling it.

she chose to believe the sorting hat had placed her in slytherin due to her ambitious nature, and not because she had a fiery darkness inside of her that was driven by the treatment of her late-mother by her absent father that she bottled up and hid.
no, definitely not.

"thank you." she hummed, taking the warm treat in her hand and offering the golden trio a slight nod, in which only two of them reciprocated, before returning back to her compartment.

"you know, you mustn't judge people so much, ronald." hermione furrowed her eyebrows at him, stroking her cat, crookshanks, who was lounging on her lap.

"that's rich coming from you, 'mione." ron scoffed, nodding matter-of-factly, before taking a huge bite into his cauldron cake.

with a roll of her eyes, she continued. "she was in my herbology class last term. very reserved."

"what, are you her stalker now or something?"

"no." hermione replied curtly, still frowning at him. "i'm just saying— she's not anywhere near malfoy's level of evil."

harry said nothing, too lost in his thoughts of what mr weasley had told him at the leaky cauldron about sirius black's escape from azkaban prison.

the rain thickened as the train sped along the tracks; the lanterns situated above the corridors flickering to life to lighten the somber carriages up. what with the sound of the raindrops flitting against the windows, and the peaceful luxury paris had of an empty cabin— she was slowly coaxed to sleep, stretching out across the full seat.

the girl carried on her slumber for a few hours, before being awoken by a slight rapping on her cabin door.

"there you are," eudora smiled at her friend, peeking her head in. "we were wondering where you were! thanks for leaving me with bloody draco, he's been driving me round the bend all summer."

"WELCOME, WELCOME TO ANOTHER YEAR OF HOGWARTS!" professor dumbledore, the venerable headmaster of hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry announced, his voice booming across the great hall. paris was sat in her usual place— the slytherin table, next to eudora.

"now, i'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. first, i'm pleased to welcome professor r.j lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of defence against the dark arts teacher. good luck, professor." everybody clapped— it was rather a recurring theme at hogwarts that the defence against the dark arts teachers don't last to the next year. "our care of magical creatures professor has decided to take time off in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. fortunately, i'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our rubeus hagrid. finally, on a more disquieting note— at the request of the ministry of magic, until further notice, hogwarts will play host to the dementors of azkaban."

the students began to whisper and chatter in disbelief, not all of them hearing about harry potter's run-in with the ghastly creatures on the express.

"did you hear about what happened to harry potter?" the eudora whispered into her friend's ear after shovelling a forkful of steak and kidney pie in her mouth.

"no." paris shook her head, implying for her to explain.

"he fainted because he was attacked by a dementor on the train." draco snorted, answering for his sister.

paris raised her eyebrows. "must be why dumbledore seems so opposed to the dementors' presence." she looked across the hall to the gryffindor table, where harry and his friends were sat— her eyes accidentally meeting hermione's.

"—until such a time that serious black is captured, the dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. now, whilst i've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities— a word of caution. dementors are vicious creatures. they will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. therefore, i must warn each and everyone of you to give them no reason to harm you. it is not in the nature of the dementor to be forgiving. but you know, happiness can be found in even the darkest of times... but, only if one remembers to turn on the light."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 1.1K 20
𝐸𝓁𝓎𝓈𝒾𝒶𝓃 - 𝒶𝒹𝒿𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝒶𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝑜𝓇 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒾𝒸 𝑜𝒻 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝑜𝓇 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓈𝑒 "𝒟𝒶𝓇𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔...
136K 2.3K 18
These are going to be mostly about Hermione Granger x OC but I will also write x Reader fics! I use these stories as a way to give myself some self l...
133K 5K 42
"oh no, i'm not like you. i'm in love, baby, and that's all that matters" hermione granger x female oc
12.4K 672 90
"I've always enjoyed slowburn romance books. I never thought I would live in one, though." Hermione Granger x fem oc Harry Potter and the Philosopher...