єṅċһѧṅṭяєṡṡ - ṡ.ṡṭıʟıṅṡҡı

By EstellaNovella

A young witch navigates love, friendship and the supernatural after a hunt for a body in the woods. STILES ST... More

CAST
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131 - TW!
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161

119

5.4K 125 6
By EstellaNovella

Faline, Stiles, and Lydia sit in Stiles' room as Lydia stares at the laptop.

"Try Maddy," Stiles says. "It's got to be Maddy"

"Too basic," Faline says. "Like Scott with Allison, Allison"

"Faline's right," Lydia says. "Doesn't Maddy feel a little obvious as a cipher key?"

"I guarantee it's Maddy," Stiles says.

ERROR

"Okay, your name," Stiles says. "She left the code for you right?"

"Also obvious," Faline says. "She'd want something only Lydia knew"

ERROR

"Your mom's name"

ERROR

"Do you have any beloved family pets?" Stiles asks and Lydia places her thumb and forefinger on her nose.

After an hour, Stiles is resting his head on the desk as Faline scribbles down yet another failed password.

"The ashes were left for you," Stiles says. "The code was left for you. You're supposed to be able to figure this out"

"But no one else is," Lydia says. "Which is why she made it hard"

The printer continues beeping so Stiles shoves a wad of paper into the bottom.

"No one else but you," Faline says.

"What are you talking about?" Lydia asks.

"Our guesses are all about Lorraine right?" Faline says.

"We keep trying to guess a word that has something to do with her. So maybe we should be trying to guess one that's about you"

"Me? What about me?" Lydia asks.

Is there something you used to do with your grandmother?" Faline asks. "An activity, a movie, a book? What was your special thing?"

"Did you go to the beach? Did you like ice cream?" Stiles asks.

"We read," Lydia says.

"Okay, what did you read?" Stiles asks.

"The Little Mermaid," Lydia says.

"You read that movie?" Stiles asks.

"It was a book first," Lydia says.

"Hans Christian Andersen?" Faline says to her boyfriend. "Danish author? It's a good book. I think Klaus has a signed copy. If not Klaus, Elijah definitely will"

"Type it in Little Mermaid," Stiles says.

LITTLEMERMAID

ERROR

MERMAID

ERROR

"We read it every night," Lydia says. "I got so obsessed with it for three months I wouldn't respond to anything but Ariel. It drove my parents crazy but- Grandma thought it was adorable"

ARIEL

The list begins to decode itself.

TAMARA JOHANSEN

ALICE DUFFY

PAULA BRASCH

TREY LOCKHART

JOSH MORRIS

ELISA CHIN

PETER MCELROY

TAYLOR FREEMAN

TERRANCE SHUMAN

LORRAINE MARTIN

"You recognize any of these?" Stiles asks.

"I think a lot of them spent time in Eichen," Faline says. "I recognize some of the names from the hospital files"

"Lydia, Faline we need to call Scott" Stiles holds a piece of paper in his hands.

"We need Parrish," Lydia says.

"Well it's not another dead pool," Jordan says. "More like an already dead pool"

"All of them?" Lydia asks.

"All dead?" Kol asks.

"Within the last ten years," Jordan says. "All suicides and all at the same place"

"Eichen House," Stiles says.

"Kol," Faline says. "I need you to go to the fire tonight, watch out for the others. Tonight is the perfect chance for an assassin"

"Yes ma'am" Kol salutes.

"Piss off" Faline shoves him and he smirks at her before leaving.

"Lydia Eichen House isn't a library," Stiles says. "You need a warrant to get files from there"

"My grandmother left me a list of ten suicides including her own" Lydia says. "There's got to be a reason why. Is there anyone there who's willing to help us?"

"Maybe we don't need a search warrant," Faline says and Lydia and Stiles look at her. "Maybe what we need is another quid pro quo. There's one man in there who will let us look at whatever files we want as long as we have some money"

"Brunski," Stiles says and Faline nods her head.

"Brunski" Faline confirms.

"A thousand," Brunski says, staring at the three teenagers.

"A thousand dollars?" Stiles asks. "To use one little key to open up one little file room? Are you out of your mind?"

"When you get the keys, you make the price," Brunski says.

"Right," Stiles says. "You actually think we have that kind of money?"

"I know you don't," Brunski says. "If you did, Daddy Sheriff would have paid the bill by now. That's why I'm talking to them"

Faline pulls out her purse and unzips it.

"I have five hundred," Lydia says.

"I have five hundred too," Faline says and they both throw the money onto the desk.

The three teenagers frown as Brunski puts a mixtape in.

"Follow me," Brunski says.

"I hate this place," Faline says. "It feels like death"

Brunski opens the door to the file room and Faline looks around.

"Good?" Brunski asks.

"Yeah we can help ourselves," Stiles says. "Uh, Lydia. you got the list?"

"Lydia, why did you write two other names on here?" Faline asks.

"I didn't write anything," Lydia says.

"This is your handwriting," Stiles says.

"Why would I write more names?" Lydia asks.

"Why would you write mine and Faline's?" Stiles asks.

"It was the tapes wasn't it?" Brunski asks.

Faline and Lydia gasp as Brunski uses a taser on Stiles.

"Your turn sweetheart" Brunski grabs Faline and she seizes up, her eyes rolling back as the currents course through her body.

Faline's eyes flutter open to find herself tied to a pole across from Stiles and Lydia.

"Great" Faline says, resting her head back against the post.

"HELP US" Lydia shouts. "SOMEONE HELP"

"Lydia there's a lot of people screaming for help in a place like this" Stiles says. "I don't think anyone's listening"

"Well I'm open to better ideas," Lydia says. "Because if you didn't notice all of those suicides were murders"

"That's why she left you the message," Stiles says.

"She predicted her own death," Lydia says. "She knew I'd be able to figure it out"

All of them sit up straight as the door opens.

"Once you were able to predict your own" Brunski says, standing next to Faline who whimpers. "But they weren't murders. I am not some serial killer like Ted Bundy going around cutting up college girls"

"No you're just an Angel of Death," Stiles says.

"I don't think you understand my level of commitment to my work here Stiles," Brunski says. "There are people here who don't simply need treatment. They need release. I helped them. I helped Lorraine"

"You killed her," Lydia says.

"I helped her," Brunski says.

"And now you can help me," Brunski says. "There is something about it that's always bothered me."

Brunski puts the tape in and quickly grabs Faline's face in his hand.

"Leave her alone" Stiles shouts.

Faline, Stiles, and Lydia listen to Lorraine Martin's final moments.

"HEY TURN IT OFF" Stiles yells and Brunski punches him in the face, knocking him out.

"And you" Brunski turns to Faline who begins to panic. "You don't know, do you? How your mother really died? It was no accident. She came here, to Eichen, trying to find answers and I killed her. And now I'm going to kill you"

Brunski grabs a first aid kit.

"We get a lot of teenagers trying to break into our drug cabinets," Brunski says. "Most of the time they don't succeed but you three look pretty clever to me"

Lydia and Stiles begin to thrash as Brunski squats next to Faline.

"LEAVE HER ALONE" Stiles yells.

"I'll admit Stiles," Brunski says. "I don't have any unusual talents like Lydia or your girlfriend but somehow, I just knew we were gonna get a chance to do this again. But first"

Brunski turns to Faline and tilts her head to the side and sticks the injection into her neck.

"Drop it!" Jordan bursts in. "Take your thumb off that needle and slowly withdraw it from her neck"

"Young deputy," Brunski says. "You're just a kid, I bet you've never even fired a-"

Brunski is cut off by Jordan shooting him, Faline gasps as the needle leaves her throat.

"He killed my grandmother," Lydia says, quickly undoing the unfree wrist before crawling over to Faline, and helping her.

"Lydia" Faline says. "He's still alive. Get the answers"

Faline stands as Lydia gets the answers.

"You don't die yet" Faline turns to see Meredith stood in the doorway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 4.4K 28
❝MY REPUTATIONS NEVER BEEN WORSE.❞ ❝SO YOU MUST LIKE ME FOR ME.❞ In which the girl with a taste for human blood realizes that not all m...
1.6K 7 12
Life is good and calm for Celia Marco. She achieves decent grades and has great friends, Scott, Stiles and Lydia who offset the mounting pressure fro...
2.1K 72 23
Skylar is back, with the pack, and they're as strong as ever. No more crazy murders, no more Void, no more supernatural disasters in their way. Or i...
344 11 14
when Stiles, Scott, Allison and Lydia are befriended by new girl Casey who has a dark secret. When Stiles and Casey date are they in danger? When Cas...