𝐍𝐄𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 | daryl di...

By visenyah

❝ look who's digging their own grave. ❞ ❝ that's what they all say. ❞ ﹙ the walking dead fanfiction... More

↳ INTRODUCTION
↳ TRAILER & MEDIA
↳ SOUNDTRACK
- 𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬
- 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
- 𝟎𝟏
- 𝟎𝟐
- 𝟎𝟑
- 𝟎𝟒
- 𝟎𝟓
- 𝟎𝟔
- 𝟎𝟕
- 𝟎𝟖
- 𝟎𝟗
- 𝟏𝟎
- 𝟏𝟏
- 𝟏𝟐
- 𝟏𝟑
- 𝟏𝟒
- 𝟏𝟓
- 𝟏𝟔
- 𝟏𝟕
- 𝟏𝟖
- 𝟏𝟗
- 𝟐𝟎
- 𝟐𝟏
- 𝟐𝟐
- 𝟐𝟑
- 𝟐𝟒
- 𝟐𝟓
- 𝟐𝟔
- 𝟐𝟕
- 𝟐𝟖
- 𝟐𝟗
- 𝟑𝟎
- 𝟑𝟏
- 𝟑𝟐
- 𝟑𝟑
- 𝟑𝟒
- 𝟑𝟓
- 𝟑𝟔
- 𝟑𝟕
- 𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑻𝑾𝑶
- 𝟑𝟖
- 𝟑𝟗
- 𝟒𝟎
- 𝟒𝟏
- 𝟒𝟐
- 𝟒𝟑
- 𝟒𝟒
- 𝟒𝟓
- 𝟒𝟔
- 𝟒𝟕
- 𝟒𝟖
- 𝟒𝟗
- 𝟓𝟎
- 𝟓𝟏
- 𝟓𝟐
- 𝟓𝟑
- 𝟓𝟒
- 𝟓𝟔
- 𝟓𝟕
- 𝟓𝟖
- 𝟓𝟗
- 𝟔𝟎
- 𝟔𝟏
- 𝟔𝟐
- 𝟔𝟑
- 𝟔𝟒
- 𝟔𝟓
- 𝟔𝟔
- 𝟔𝟕
- 𝟔𝟖
- 𝟔𝟗
- 𝟕𝟎
- 𝟕𝟏
- 𝟕𝟐
- 𝟕𝟑
- 𝟕𝟒
- 𝟕𝟓
- 𝟕𝟔
- 𝟕𝟕
- 𝟕𝟖
- 𝟕𝟗
- 𝟖𝟎
- 𝟖𝟏
- 𝟖𝟐
- 𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬
- 𝟖𝟑
- 𝟖𝟒
- 𝟖𝟓
- 𝟖𝟔
- 𝟖𝟕
- 𝟖𝟖
- 𝟖𝟗
- 𝟗𝟎
- 𝟗𝟏
- 𝟗𝟐
- 𝟗𝟑
- 𝟗𝟒
- 𝟗𝟓
- 𝟗𝟔
- 𝟗𝟕
- 𝟗𝟖
- 𝟗𝟗
- 𝟏𝟎𝟎
- 𝟏𝟎𝟏
- 𝟏𝟎𝟐
- 𝟏𝟎𝟑
- 𝟏𝟎𝟒
- 𝟏𝟎𝟓
- 𝟏𝟎𝟔
- 𝟏𝟎𝟕
- 𝟏𝟎𝟖
- 𝟏𝟎𝟗
- 𝟏𝟏𝟎
- 𝟏𝟏𝟏
- 𝟏𝟏𝟐
- 𝟏𝟏𝟑
- 𝟏𝟏𝟒
- 𝟏𝟏𝟓
- 𝟏𝟏𝟔
- 𝟏𝟏𝟕
- 𝟏𝟏𝟖
- 𝟏𝟏𝟗
- 𝟏𝟐𝟎
- 𝟏𝟐𝟏
- 𝟏𝟐𝟐
- 𝟏𝟐𝟑
- 𝟏𝟐𝟒
- 𝟏𝟐𝟓
- 𝟏𝟐𝟔
- 𝟏𝟐𝟕
- 𝟏𝟐𝟖
- 𝟏𝟐𝟗
- 𝟏𝟑𝟎
- 𝟏𝟑𝟏
- 𝟏𝟑𝟐
- 𝟏𝟑𝟑
- 𝟏𝟑𝟒
- 𝟏𝟑𝟓
- 𝟏𝟑𝟔
- 𝟏𝟑𝟕
- 𝟏𝟑𝟖
- 𝟏𝟑𝟗
- 𝟏𝟒𝟎
- 𝟏𝟒𝟏
- 𝟏𝟒𝟐
- 𝟏𝟒𝟑
- 𝟏𝟒𝟒
- 𝟏𝟒𝟓
- 𝟏𝟒𝟔

- 𝟓𝟓

8.3K 314 94
By visenyah

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     ROSALINE'S HEART thumped in her chest. gunshots were being fired left and right. what were they going to do? they knew where carol was on the floor, trying to shoot her as she used axel's body as a shield on the floor.

     someone on the guard tower was shooting too. rosaline crouched low and ran behind one of the metal benches, pressing her rifle down and aiming for anyone that was shooting at them. she fired her rifle, the knockback surprising her at first before she got used to it.

     there was someone dead already.

     rosaline spotted the woman behind the bus, shooting back at the governor's people, "get behind the wall!" she screamed at carl and beth. rhaegar joined them as he knew he'd be no use with people firing off guns.

     the girl followed shortly, leaning against the metal and firing back occasionally when it seemed clear and that their people were reloading. it was hard to hit anything as they were so far away.

     suddenly, silence.

     rosaline peeked out slightly, anticipating something more. carl went to look but she put a hand in front of him, stopping him. the door opened and maggie ran out with more guns, handing one to beth.

     maggie ran to cover behind a metal box of some sorts, trying to cover carol so the woman could get to safety. rosaline joined the shooting, trying to take the person at the watchtower down. beth passed her the other m4.

     people stopped as a distant engine roared in the distance. the green-eyed girl scanned the woods, trying to see what was going to come out. a whole van was approaching, a bus more like. it broke straight through their front gate. there was a copper grate at the back.

     rosaline's eyes widened as she realized what it was, "that's a walker cage!" she rasped out, "hershel's down there, he went to speak to rick!"

     immediately, she opened fire on the walkers in the field attempting to take out various of them before they managed to find the elderly man hidden in the grass. it would have been convenient if rhaegar could go down there to take them down but he would get shot on sight.

     there were walkers in their front yard. rosaline turned around to the man at the watchtower, shooting at the time as maggie managing to kill the man stood there. that was their cue. her eyes landed on the governor as the door to his car slammed and he rode away just like that - leaving them with biters to finish them off.

     rosaline looked at her dog, "go!" she commanded letting the german shepherd thunder through the fields at the walkers to barrel into them delivering killing bites to their skulls.

     outside the fence, her green orbs landed on something she couldn't believe. daryl and merle burst through the woods, helping rick against walkers that had crowded around him.

     she knew it. he'd be back.

     she raced through the fields, shooting down any walker that came close in order to help glenn and the other woman get hershel to safety. when they got in the car, she slid through the gate recalling her companion. immediately, he rounded back from running, slipping across the grass, barking.

     rosaline held the gate, "hang on, rheagar needs to run through." she called out.

     they held the gate open a second longer, rosaline slamming her kukri through the remaining walkers. kicking them back with her foot. she'd gotten much better at fighting due to everyone's teachings for sure.

     the group watched as walkers streamed back into the fields they once used to have free to themselves. on the outside, rick was infuriated, swearing in his head that he was going to kill the man that planned to ruin their home.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     when they came back through to the cell block, merle was forced to stay outside the in the cafeteria. nobody trusted him. they were going to talk about whether it was okay to run from the prison or stay. obviously, rick was adamant about staying. there was no way he was going to give up his home that easily. he was going to spill blood for it.

     "we're not leaving." rick concluded.

     "no, better to live like rats." merle smirked.

     rick shot him a death stare, "you got a better idea?"

     the older dixon nodded, "yeah, we should have slid out of here last night and lived to fight another day, but we lost that window, didn't we? i'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now."

     daryl paced at the top of the stairs, "we ain't scared of that prick." he growled to his brother.

     since he had returned, rosaline didn't utter one word to him. of course, the marksman wasn't happy about that and was growing impatient with her silence - he knew he'd fucked up but he wasn't used to the girl being the one to give him the silent treatment.

     merle grinned, "y'all should be. that truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the doorbell. we might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got guns and the numbers- and if he takes the high ground around this place, shoot, he could just starve us out if he wanted to."

     rosaline raised her hand, "merle, will you just shut up for a second? you've been running that mouth of yours ever since you stepped in."

     merle loved the attitude she was giving him, "sorry princess. i'd say something but i gotta be extra nice to you cause my-"

     daryl interrupted him, "shut up!"

    his brother placed his hands up in defense letting out a cackle knowing that he was starting to push his brother's buttons with the whole situation between the girl. although merle was ignorant, he wasn't stupid. he'd noticed the tension.

     maggie shook her head, "let's put him in the other cell block."

    "no. even with his stupid ass remarks, he's got a point." daryl said.

     the eldest greene daughter was infuriated, "this is all you! you started this."

     "what's the difference whose fault it is? what do we do?" beth questioned.

     hershel put his idea up first, "i said we should leave. now axel's dead. we can't just sit here!" rick decided to take the easy way out of the whole argument, and walk away. this time though, the elder man wasn't going to let him, "get back here! you're slipping, rick. we've all seen it. we understand why, but now is not the time! you once said this isn't a democracy. now you have to own up to that - i put my family's life in your hands. so get your head clear and do something."

     rosaline sighed. rick took note of the elder man's words but it was a question if he was going to take them to heart. the group needed her adoptive father's help more than ever. that was clear. carl decided to go speak to his father.

     the girl made her way into her cell, brushing past daryl not offering him a glance. he had to apologize to her before she would utter a word to him. this time, this wasn't a matter of pride to her. her trust had been broken; daryl had promised to have her back. he broke his word.

     she never asked him to choose between his brother and her, but like she had said to maggie, rosa didn't expect him to make that choice so easily. the girl sat at her bunk, checking at judith who was fussing in her cot.

     people downstairs were discussing how they were going to manage the field full of walkers. daryl was waiting for rosaline to say something, but she was, again, ignoring his presence completely. he snorted, going to the bottom floor to see what rick had to say.

     however, it wasn't before long that he came back after arguing with glenn about merle's stay. through this rosa had finally learned that woman's name. michonne. after days she finally got it just by listening to merle's stupid blabbering.

     the younger dixon wished he could speak to her about it. his pride was damaged though. he knew he'd hurt her.

     carol had briefly spoken to him about his return and what kind of effect his absence had on rosaline. the elder woman advised him to apologize to her, wholeheartedly and talk their feelings out. daryl was considering telling carol about what was going on with him before he left.

     he was also thinking about what merle had said back to him out in the woods. just like he had thought, his brother was taunting him about being in love. queitly, he slumped down on one of the bunks in a cell. his mattress was dragged in there by him, he wasn't going to sleep out on the perch anymore.

    again, the woman decided to pay him a visit. she leaned against the wall, gazing down at him, "haven't had a chance to say i'm glad you came back."

     "to what? all this?" he looked around his cell.

    carol sat down opposite him, "to us. rosaline. this is our home."

     he dropped his stare, "yeah well she ain't' think that. either way, this is a tomb."

     she looked up at the ceiling, "that's what t-dog called it. rose calls it that to this day. i thought both of them were right, till you found me."

     the younger dixon offered her a small smile continuing to fiddle with his arrow.

     carol continued, "he's your brother, but he's not good for you. don't let him bring you down. after all, look how far you've come."

     a silence presumed, but both of them laughed at it.

     "i... err..." daryl began trailing off, looking at the bolt of his arrow, "what do i say to 'er?"

     "like i said daryl, you have to say sorry. this isn't the first time you've been on bad terms. that girl cares for you more than you'll ever know. she could live a thousand lifetimes and she'd still look out for you like you're the only person to exist." the woman advised, "you both deserve each other. it brings out the best in both of you."

     "she don't wanna talk to me. acting like i'm a ghost," he scoffed, sort of upset, "she always made me feel weird and floaty, looking at her... being close. i used to hate her near me latching on like a lost dog exactly like that mutt of hers."

     carol quirked a brow curiously, she understood exactly what he was talking about, "makes you feel dizzy?"

     the marksman nodded solemnly, "yeah somethin' like that."

     daryl was like an utter child when talking about these things. carol knew he didn't understand what he was feeling at all, it was confusing him, "do you think she's pretty?"

     he frowned for a moment, "guess so."

     "daryl."

     "alright. yeah." he threw his head back.

     "you love her. you have for a long time, daryl." carol concluded honestly. his eyes landed on carol, he placed the arrow down, shifting uncomfortably.

     was he willing to accept this?

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     WOW at last daryl finally having someone tell him how it is. he just has to act on those feelings, but of course, as norman reedus said (not these exact words): "he isn't the type of person to pin you against a tree in the moonlight confess his love and make out with you."

     remember to comment and vote, it helps the story grow!

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3.2K 78
'𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝘼𝙘𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙖 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚...' *** H...
14.2K 1K 19
In which Daryl's first love is a miracle, in more ways than he is ready to acknowledge after their reunion, a year into the end of times. d...
34K 2K 16
❝𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐝❞ ― In a world taken over by walkers, ten-year-old Elodie fights to survive each day. But she's not just any survivor-she's a g...
686K 13.9K 46
"She wore her troubled past Like scars - She had been through battle And though no one could see her demons They could see the face that conquere...