THE EGYPTIAN SPY

By k_ahmad

She is an Agent, undercover on a mission to arrest his uncle. He knew her back at University but he couldn't... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 20

150 28 3
By k_ahmad

AGENT ADAM'S POV

"Mom? Dad?"

I didn't bother the questioning eyes looking at me. I ran to my smiling parents and hugged them, not letting go.

"Jann sweetie, are you alright?" Mom asked, cupping my cheek.

"Of course Mom. I've missed you so so much." I confessed, hugging her as she giggled. I released her and turned to

"Dad." I called and he picked me up, twirling me in the air making me laugh. He put me back on my feet and grinned way to widely at me.

"Surprise." Fahad stated, making all eyes snap to him.

"Happy birthday, baby." He smiled. I ran to him, slightly pushing Hanan to the side and hugged him as he picked me up, twirling me around.

"I love you." I whispered, nuzzling his neck.

"I love you too, baby." He said, a little loud for everyone to hear him.

"Alright. What is going on here?" Hanan snapped, clearly not liking what was happening in front of her.

"Calm down Hanan, there's nothing to worry about." Ashraf interjected, rubbing his sister's arm.

"I thought your parents are dead?" Jalil asked.

"Um..." I stammered.

"No, they are not." Fahad stated.

"What's between you and Fahad?" Kamal asked.

"I don't get what's happening here." That was Aliyah.

"How do you expect them to explain when you all keep asking questions." Fateema interrupted them.

"Good evening sir, Evening Ma'am. Nice to meet you, I'm Fateema." She greeted, sitting on one of the couches.

The rest also exchanged pleasantries with my parents. I sat next to my parents as they all did same, waiting for an explanation.

"I told you she was an imposter." Tasleem muttered, making me roll my eyes at her.

"I may have tolerated you hitting her earlier but If you dare say one bad word against Jannah...." Hanan didn't let him finish when she interjected.

"Jannah, as in your sister Jannah or Ashraf's Jannah?" She asked.

"Both." Ashraf smirked, looking at me and I glared back at him.

"Sorry Fahad, I thought she was your...."

"I get it. It's okay."

"If you are Jannah then why did you change your name and lie to us about who you are?" Jalil asked.

"She was sent here." Mami stated.

"You knew who she was?" Kamal asked.

"No, but her parents told me." She answered.

"This is weird." Hanan muttered making me snicker.

"This is confusing." Fateema muttered.

"One question. What was she sent here for?" Aliyah asked Mami.

"Think about it. She comes here and in less than a week, uncle's warehouse catches on fire with evidence of hard drugs. Then weeks later, everything about him got exposed to the public and he got arrested. So if you put two and two together......"

"She's a spy." Fateema cut Ashraf off.

"Smart girl." I said, smiling at her.

"But they don't exist." Kamal stated.

"I'm a cop, also that which you think doesn't exist." I answered.

"Your mom's been my best friend ever since we were kids. She told me how her daughter has been successful in her job. Ever since you came here, I always had a doubt about you. Then Fahad came and explained everything to me. About what you came to do and I understood it how Sufyan got caught." She explained.

"You shouldn't have hidden it from me, sweetie." She said, a little bit sad.

"After Sufyan got arrested, that's when I realized everything she was telling me was true." Safwan mentioned, smiling at me.

"So, you were the masked girl I overheard dad's guards talking about?" Tasleem asked and I nodded.

"That's impossible. They said you beat 8 of their men all by yourself. Then you shot them but they didn't get injured, just passed out?" Jalil asked, clearly in disbelief that I took out that many men or because I was able to shoot them without them dying.

"You did that?" Dad grinned and I shrugged.

"They were just huge men with little to no fighting skills. It wasn't that difficult taking them out." I explained.

"I'm guessing that's how you injured your ribs." Hanan said.

"How's that by the way?" Mom asked, touching my  sides.

"It was healing fine, until Fahad elbowed me." I feigned hurt and faked winced when mom touched the exact place.

"Hey." Fahad glared and I poked my tongue at him.

"When did that even happen?" Kamal asked.

"Midnight. Right after your sister's  left my room after pouring cold water on me and left me to mop it." I explained.

"Oh. That was fun." Fateema and Hanan laughed at me.

"So you were responsible for sending my Father to jail?" Tasleem raised her voice.

"You dad was a bad guy, Tasleem. He tried to molest your aunt. No offence, but I don't regret what I did." I said, staring at her coldly.

"I don't believe that. You framed him." She accused, walking over to me and I stood up.

"Tasleem. Don't." Kamal warned.

"She made all that up just to get our father's property." She pointed a finger at me.

"I flew here in my baby, one of my parent's Private Jet. What will I get from your father's haram money? And I wouldn't do that if I were you. Unless you want to loose a finger, that is."  I threatened, smiling sweetly at her.

"Liar! You think I'm scared of you? You imposter! I will teach you a lesson you will never forget." She yelled.

"Kamal, please calm her down before I do something I will most probably regret." Fahad warned.

"Let it be, Fahad. These are just empty threats, she can't do anything to me." I mentioned, looking at her dead in the eyes.

"Empty threats huh?" She raised her hand to slap me but she was very slow and I caught her hand in mid air.

"Oof, too slow. Don't say I didn't warn you." I twisted her arm slowly as she yelled in pain, begging me to stop and squatted down. When it was enough for me, I released her arm and she clutched onto it.

"Woah. I can't believe I'm friends with a real life agent." Hanan beamed, grinning widely.

"Me neither." Fateema added with a smile.

"But no one other than us should know about it, get me?" Fahad warned and they all nodded.

"I think it's time to call it a day, everyone must be tired." Mami interrupted, standing up from the couch.

"I hope you didn't break her arm." Ashraf asked with a chuckle when he came to my side.

"I ain't evil." I stated, walking towards a staring Jalil.

"I know what you might be thinking and I'm very sorry." I apologized as everyone left the room.

"Why didn't you tell me? I thought we were friends." I could see how hurt he was.

"We are. It's just...... I couldn't risk it. I'm really sorry." I whispered.

"I have nothing to say to you." He muttered before leaving me there.

"Don't fret, he just needs time." Kamal said, before following suit.

Did I just lose a friend?

"Come on, baby. It's getting late, you should go pray and rest." Fahad dragged me to my room. He rummaged through my closet and gave me a fresh pair of clothes to change into when I bathed. I took a quick shower and changed performed wudhu and came out to pray my missed prayers.

Well my shower wasn't that quick because I came out to find Fahad already changed and waiting for me.

"You were fast." I stated, taking my floor length hijab and Fahad spread out the praying mat for both of us.

"Bismillah." He muttered before we began to pray.

"Thanks for the gifts, Fahad." I thanked, after we offered our Salats.

"What gifts? I didn't buy you any gift." He shook his head in a negative way.

What the what?

"You didn't?" I asked, confused but then asked again, this time with fury.

"You didn't?!"

"Let me explain. 3 days ago, I tried to buy a gift for you but even diamonds seemed cheap for you. So I decided to convince mom and dad to come here and surprise you but I did get you something else." He said with a cheeky smile.

"Awww. You're the best, you know that right?" I whispered, hugging him.

"You two look super adorable." Hanan cooed making us scramble out of each other's embrace.

"Hanan, what are you doing here?" Fahad asked, clearing his throat.

"I just came to have a talk with Aish- I mean Jannah. If you don't mind, that is?" She asked, leaning on the door frame.

"Not at all. Goodnight Baby." He whispered and kissed my forehead before heading to the door. He said something to Hanan which made her blush before leaving us alone. She walked in, closing the door behind her.

"Hi."

"Hey."

"Tasleem is still raining curses on you, by the way." She said, and we both laughed it out.

"Well, I warned her." I shrugged.

"I'm still processing the whole 'you being a spy' thing." She said, moving towards my bed.

"You'll get used to it." I stated, dusting my bed.

"But the sad part is that you're leaving soon." She sulked.

"I wanted to leave the same day Mr. Safana got arrested but I heard Ace was coming." I explained, hopping on my bed.

I was exhausted as hell and all I wanted to do was sleep it off. But I didn't think Hanan was planning on letting me sleep anytime soon.

"But I will be leaving together with my parents and Fahad." I added.

"Aww. I will definitely miss both of you." She sadly said and I yawned loudly.

"I will miss you too."

"Jalil asked me to give you this. He said he isn't mad at you, just disappointed you lied to him." She said, handing me a small box. I opened it to reveal a beautiful emerald bracelet.

"Oh, my Allah. This is beautiful, can you please tell him I say Thank you." I replied, running my hand on the intricate design.

"So, did you get any other gifts?" She beamed, jumping on my bed.

"Yes but I'm tired so...."

"Where is it?" She asked, running to my closet and I sighed.

"Oooh." She said, picking up the boxes and keeping them on the bed.

She scavenged through the gift basket and brought out a bottle of champagne, all my favourite chocolates, Oreos and a whole lot of marshmallows.

There were only four people who knew all my favourites. Mom, dad, Fahad and.....

"Look, there's a card." Hanan pointed, handing it over to me.

I ran my hand over it and opened it to see a familiar handwriting.

"Read it aloud." She urged, waiting for me to start.

"Err. Okay." I muttered with a deep sigh.

" Before I met you,

I felt that I couldn’t love anyone,

That nobody would be able to fill the void in my heart,

But that all changed when I met you.

Then I came to realize you were always on my mind.

You’re funny and sweet.

You make me laugh and smile.

You take away all my anger and sadness.

You make me weak when I talk to you.

Then I started to write poems about you.

Now I have come to realize that I am hopelessly in love with you." I read out loud, feeling myself smile just by reading it. I knew exactly who it was from without needing to read the name.

"Awww, that was.....that was just out of this world. This person must really love you. Who is it?" She asked, taking the card from my hand to read it for herself.

"Ashraf." I whispered.

"Ya Ilahi, it is Ya Ashraf." She grinned.

I knew he was good at flirting but I never knew he was such a romantic. I seriously loved that poem, a lot.

"Let's open the big box, shall we?" I asked, tearing the wrap from the box and opening it.

There was another card, lying on top when I opened it. It was the same handwriting as the previous one which meant, it was from Ashraf.

"I love you from head to toe

And more than you’ll ever know.

It hurts when you are sad, 

And makes me sad when you are mad.

I know we fight every now and then,

But please know I will love you until the end.

I just know you are the one for me,

And the only one there will ever be.

You are the one I want to spend my life with,

To call my wife and to share a kid.

I will never tell you the words goodbye,

And I will love you till the day I die."

With each word I read, I fell deeper into his trap. He sure knows how to confess his feeling. How could he love me so much, even after what I did to him. I wanted him to forget me and move on with his life because he deserved better but it seemed I made him love me more.

I handed the card to Hanan and prepared myself to read the last one which was beneath all the booths, jewelry and bracelets.

"What other way is there to profess my love?

I’ve gone on my knees and thanked Allah above

For you are my most precious and sacred treasure

A woman whose beauty knows no measure

Your love is such an indescribable blessing

It’s rather wondrous and completely amazing

Each day I share with you is a wonderful surprise

I can spend an eternity just staring into your eyes.

I love you with my entire heart and soul. Happy Birthday, Tinker."

I felt moisture on my cheeks and I realized, it was my tears. No man has ever made me this way but Ashraf managed to do that.

I wiped my tears away with a smile and returned everything into the boxes, leaving the last box for tomorrow as I was too drained to open that.

"I'm sleepy so I'm gonna call it a night." I mentioned, removing the eye contacts.

"I'll sleep here with you. You wear contacts?" She asked, watching my every moves.

"Yeah. You would have been suspicious of my eye color." I explained, staring at her so she could get a good look of my emerald eyes.

"Understood."

"Switch off the lights please." I pleaded, giving her my back as she switched off the lights. I did my night Azkar and kept thinking about the poems till sleep took over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 284 35
Life in USA was great for Miskiyyah and her family. She and her siblings, Dhikratullah and Dhikrullah(twins) was born over there. Work brought her pa...
107K 4.8K 18
They were only supposed to be acting, it should all have been pretense, so how dare she fall in love. Falling in love wasn't part of the agreement...
27.6K 1.3K 37
She's a MI6 trained, current RAW agent. Her life is protecting the unstable peace between the nations of the world and she does it with finesse, grac...
110K 14.2K 104
Everyone has that one life changing moment, That moment defines you. It shapes who you are as a person, and pushes you down the path that leads to th...