єṅċһѧṅṭяєṡṡ - ṡ.ṡṭıʟıṅṡҡı

By EstellaNovella

A young witch navigates love, friendship and the supernatural after a hunt for a body in the woods. STILES ST... More

CAST
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131 - TW!
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161

85

8.3K 192 22
By EstellaNovella

Faline stands with Melissa as Mr. Stilinski storms in and meets with Mr. McCall.

"Hey. He is not coming in" Mr. Stilinski says.

"This is the only hospital that will take him," Mr. McCall says.

"What about County?" Mr. Stilinski asks.

"You'd be surprised how fast things fill up when a guy like this needs surgery," Mr. McCall says.

"They turfed him to us?" Melissa asks.

"Yeah," Mr. McCall says.

"If County doesn't want to operate on him-"

"Someone has to" Mr. McCall cuts Stilinski off.

Melissa wraps a protective arm around Faline as the gurney is wheeled past. The patient's arms and legs are strapped down and he is accompanied by armed guards. Melissa holds Faline close as William Barrow is wheeled past them.

"Somebody needs to do his pre-op interview," Melissa says.

"Who usually does that?" Mr. McCall asks.

"Me and Faline," Melissa says with a sigh.

"Alright," Mr. McCall says. "Try to keep in mind exactly what this guy's capable of. He's a former electrical engineer who decided to walk onto a school bus with a shrapnel bomb. He left four students dead and a fifth with no legs"

"Just out of curiosity," Melissa says. "Have any of his psychiatrists made any progress?"

"I'm told he says the same thing almost every day," Mr. McCall says. "When he gets out he's going to do it again. And next time, he's going to get it right"

"Mr. Barrow," Melissa says. "Do you understand that scar tissue has formed around a piece of shrapnel that remains in your body from a previous injury and that it is now blocking vital functions?"

"Yes," Barrow says. "But can she talk to me instead?"

Faline takes the clipboard.

"Do you understand that we must put you under general anesthesia tomorrow morning to remove the obstruction?" Faline asks, her voice shaky.

"Do the kids still pull pranks the day before Halloween?" Barrow asks.

"You mean Mischief Night?" Faline asks.

"Where I'm from we called it Hell Night," Barrow says. "But you're not from around here. Where are you from?"

"Ireland," Faline says.

"And yes I understand," Barrow says.

"Do you have any allergies to any medications?"

"No"

"Are you taking any medications other than the ones listed here?"

Melissa moves next to Barrow cautiously as Faline continues reading.

"Temazepam. Divalproex" Faline says.

"I just take what they give me," Barrow says.

"I'm going to need to listen to his heart," Melissa says, joining.

"Not you," Barrow says and Melissa glances at Faline and he nods.

Faline cautiously takes the stethoscope from Melissa before moving the hospital gown so she can access his chest.

"In," Faline says. "And out. In. In"

Faline freezes when Barrow moves close to her.

"Why don't you just ask the question you really want to ask?" Barrow asks as Faline listens to his heartbeat.

"Why did you do it?" Faline asks.

"I saw their eyes" Barrow whispers. "Their eyes were glowing. I saw them. I saw their eyes!"

Faline jumps back as Barrow lunges up.

"THEIR EYES WERE GLOWING! THEIR EYES WERE GLOWING!"

Melissa pulls Faline into her arms, the girl shaking slightly as Barrow screams and laughs.

Faline is stood observing the surgery as part of her volunteer training.

"Anybody else here think I should make a minor slip and let this bastard bleed out on the table?" The surgeon asks. "It's just a little surgical humor, Melissa. Relax. Clamp, please. Suction. Let's see what we have here"

Faline peers over and frowns.

"That's not shrapnel," The surgeon says. "Ten blade, ten blade. Ten blade. What's the problem? You're missing your ten blade?"

"Doctor I think you should see this" Melissa says as Faline grimaces. "I really think you should see this"

Faline moves back as the pulsing lump bursts to reveal hundreds of flies. Faline watches as Barrow sits up, unaffected by the anesthesia before stabbing the surgeon. Barrow reaches for Faline.

Faline's scream rings through the hospital, alerting the Sheriff and Mr. McCall. They burst into the operating room to reveal Melissa and the surgeon.

"He's gone," Melissa says. "Barrow's gone and he took Faline"

"Alright," Mr. McCall says before turning to the officers. "I want an APB on Faline Michaels"

"He's taken an ambulance," Melissa says.

"This girl's life is in danger," Mr. McCall says. "Our priority right now is finding her alive and well before Barrow can harm her"

Faline shrieks as Barrow shoves her into the ambulance before zip-tying her wrists together. Barrow then plunges the same blade he used to stab the surgeon into Faline's stomach to keep her from moving too much.

"Please let me go" Faline begs and Barrow shakes his head.

"They won't shoot me if I have you. But I don't need you right now"

Faline slumps forward when Barrow hits her over the head.

"ATTENTION" The PA announces. "IF ANYONE SEES FALINE MICHAELS YOU MUST TELL AN ADULT IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS CONCERNING HER PERSONAL SAFETY"

"He took Faline?" Lydia asks.

Faline's eyes flutter open and she finds herself gagged and bound at the hands and ankles. Faline looks up to see Kira tied to the fencing.

"What are you doing?"

Faline turns her head to see Barrow.

"Right now? Ah, right now, I'm gonna take your picture. Hmm. Just a little proof of our time here together. A little proof for all of those people who never believed"

Faline pushes the gag out of her mouth.

"Leave her alone" Faline shouts. "Leave her-"

Barrow kicks Faline in the stomach and she is cut off by needing to gasp for air.

"Okay you got your picture," Kira says. "You want to let us go now?"

"Oh," Barrow shakes his head. "Did you ever see a movie called Village of the Damned? The original. Not the remake. Nobody cares about crappy remakes. I'm talking about the nineteen sixty black and white masterpiece. Huh? It's about this group of children. Blonde haired. Beautiful children who can make their eyes glow. And they do terrible, terrible things. The tagline on the poster read 'Beware the stare that will paralyze the will of the world' Now when I told everyone that I saw children with glowing eyes, they wouldn't believe me. I tried to get them to do something. They wouldn't budge. They wouldn't move. As if they had been paralyzed. I am going to shake them out of their paralysis. I'm gonna get the moving. I'm gonna-I am gonna galvanize them"

"NO" Faline screams. "Leave her alone"

Faline watches Scott runs in.

"SCOTT NO. LOOK OUT" Kira shouts.

Barrow hits Scott, sending the boy flying before electrocuting Kira.

"NO!" Faline screams, shaking the building as her eyes glow before watching as Kira absorbs the electricity.

Faline falls back. Her eyes closing as the blood loss finally catches up to her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 369 75
Aurora Martin. Smart ass. Student. Witch. After years of hiding her true self in the shadows, everything changes after winter break of sophomore yea...
115K 2.5K 25
teen wolf season three book three stiles stilinski x fem!oc completed © voidvaleska
2.5M 79K 54
BORDERLINE [BOOK ONE OF FIVE] ✧ Harper Verum agreed to help her best friends find a dead body a little too willingly the night before their first day...
886 57 14
❝She can feel the discomfort poking into her like the twigs on the ground, broken off from trees swaying in the soft breeze, trees that seem as dead...