Young Love (Varianxreader) Bo...

By Xiar532

You have been an orphan for as long as you can remember. You have always liked acting and alchemy. One day yo... More

Chapter one: The orphan life
Chapter two: Varian the alchemist
Chapter 3: Denied for the 100th time
Chapter 4: Do you need some assistance?
Chapter 5: The little raccoon
Chapter 6: Lanterns
Chapter 7: The hard knock life
Chapter 8: The truth comes out
Chapter 9: Do you wanna build a snowman
A/N
Chapter 10: When can I see your smile again?
Chapter 11: A million dreams
A/N: Hamilton
Chapter 13: No chance, no way
Chapter 14: A risk I'm willing to take
Chapter 15: A birthday to remember
Chapter 16: The fun begins
Chapter 17: What the hair?
Chapter 18: The expo and a confession
Chapter 19: Day of Hearts
*Oneshot*- What could go so wrong with a boy and a zombie
A/N
Chapter 21: The Alchemists Return
Chapter 22: The Secret of the Sundrop
Book 2 is out+ another announcement!!!

Chapter 20: Betrayal from a Princess

515 13 10
By Xiar532

 Ever since the black rocks first sprouted up they have only gotten worse. Now houses are being destroyed in Old Corona and families have been forced to move out of their homes. Varian's dad was telling everyone not to worry about the situation until you and Varian started talking about the test you have been running.

"We've been studying these rocks and I think we discovered a vulnerability in their alchemical makeup," He said. "Son, Y/N, I told you, leave those rocks alone." "Yeah, we know, we know, we know, but something has to be done," Varian said. "And I think we may be onto a solution." You continued. "Something is being done. In fact, I plan to travel to see the king this afternoon about this very matter." Quirin said. "Oh. Well, um, then can- can we come with you?" Varian asked hoping he would say yes. Quirin sighed, "Very well, you can travel with me."

"Really? Yes! YES! ROADTRIP! Varian, Y/N, and dad going to see the king!" Varian said while you both did a victory dance. "I will pack ham sandwiches." You both started to go pack for the trip. Quirin chuckled, "Yes. In the meantime, stay away from those rocks," he said in a demanding tone. Both of you looked at the path full of rocks. "Uh, okay, but um...that's getting harder to do by the minute," You said. A new rock was about sprout up and hit your arm, but Varian grabbed you by the shoulders and moved you away.

________

You, Varian, and Quirin were in the hallway in the castle to see the king. "Okay, Dad. What's our strategy? I mean, we tried to get a sample of the rocks to show the King, but they just won't cut-" He started to say until his dad cut him off. "Son, Y/N. Wait here while I speak to the king." "Dad, I think I should go in there to help explain the scientific-" He started to explain until Quirin interrupted him again. "Children have no place in court." He started to walk away. "But w-we're not children," You said, but Quirin was too far to hear you.

You and Varian went around the room, to a side door, and watched the conversation. "Quirin, my old friend. What brings you from Old Corona village?" The king said. "Your Majesty, Old Corona is facing quite the dilemma," Quirin replied. "Oh?" He asked concerned. "Uh, yes, it would appear this year's harvest has proven quite bountiful. So much so, that I humbly request more land to accommodate such bounty."He said. "What?!" You and Varian asked shocked. He didn't even address the problem about the black rocks. 

You noticed Nigel, the royal advisor, whisper something to the king. "Quirin. I am pleased to hear how well Old Corona is faring, and even more pleased to grant your request." He said, "Thank you, Your Majesty." He bowed and walked away to where you and Varian were. "Dad! None of that was true. Old Corona's being destroyed!" Varian whispered yelled. "Old Corona will endure, you'll both have to trust that I can handle this," he said. "How? How can we trust anything when my own father just lied to the king's face?" 

"That is enough, Varian," Quirin said in a demanding tone. "Yes, sir." He said. Quirin started to walk away. Varian looked at the floor with a sad expression on his face. You put a hand on his shoulder which made him look up at you with a smile.

You heard a door open behind you. You both turned around and saw Rapunzel coming into the hallway. "Varian, Y/N? Is everything okay?" "No! No, it's not. Rapunzel, we came to see your dad about the rocks in Old Corona." Varian said. "Yeah, but your dad just said-" She said but you interrupted her. "He lied. Things have gotten worse." "How much worse?" She asked in a worried tone. You both thought about all the houses that got destroyed. You both looked down and sighed. "A lot worse," you both said in unison.

"Don't worry. I haven't forgotten our agreement. We're going to figure out the mystery behind these rocks. Together. Just give me until my father returns. Everything is gonna be okay. I promise." She bent down to your height. You both looked up and smiled.

_________

You and Varian were watching Quorin talk to the villagers from the window in his lab. "I have made the good king aware of our problem, and we have his blessings." He said. Everyone started cheering. Inside Varian's lab, you were both frustrated with how Quirin decided to handle things. 

"Running away isn't going to fix the problem. These rocks must be stopped. Okay, Y/N so what do we know about them?" Varian asked you while you were petting Ruddiger. "Well, they're unbreakable, they're somehow connected to the princess, and worse yet, they are growing at an exponential rate. Within a matter of months, they will have reached the castle." You said with a sigh. "Well, now, physical force has no effect on these rocks, but! They have yet to reckon with the awesome power of alchemy," he said while dramatically pulling off a sheet to show beakers filled with chemicals. 

Varian got a beaker filled with a purple-ish pink-ish liquid. Ruddiger ran out of your arms and hid under the table afraid something bad would happen. When he put the liquid on the rocks it started a mini pink fire. "Woah! Ah!" He tried to find something to put it out. Luckily you found a small towel on the ground and put it on the fire so it went out. "Varian! Y/N! Are you okay in there?" You heard Quirin yell. "Yes, Dad, yes—yes! I just dropped a book!" There was an explosion where the fire was.  "One of my-one of my big books."  

_________

"Never give up Ruddiger." You were talking to Ruddiger while Varian was making another formula. "So our last formula didn't deliver quite the reaction we'd hoped. So what? The important thing is we got a reaction." While Varian was pouring the reaction onto the rocks Quirin came in. "Son, I just want to-" He was about to say until he saw you and Varian with the rocks. "Oh. Oh." Varian was trying to hide it as best he could but it was too late. 

"Varian, Y/N, I told you to stay away from those rocks." He said. "Um, yeah, w- we know what you said but-" You started to say but he interrupted you. "Then there should be no misunderstanding. Now listen to me when I-" Varian interrupted him. "No! No, you listen to me dad. Our village is dying! You think running away from the problem is gonna fix it? No- these rocks aren't going away" "I know Varian. But there's more to them than you can possibly imagine." He said with frustration in his voice. He went to the other side of the room with his back facing you two. 

"Then why won't you tell us? Dad! I just- we deserve to know." Varian said.  Quirin started to turn around to face both of you. "I'm sorry son. You're not ready. Watch out-!" He pushed you and Varian away from the rocks. After you hit the ground you looked up and saw Quirin's arm trapped in the formula you put on the rocks. 

Varian ran to him. "Oh! Dad! Dad! Hold on, dad! Hold on- ah, I'll get you out!" Quirin used his free arm to try and push him away. "No! Both of you stay back!" "We're gonna go get help!" You said. "No Varian, Y/N! Don't!" He tried to say but it was too late. You and Varian were already out the door with your coats on.

_______

(Varian= Bold  Reader= Italics  Both= Bold+Italics)

Maybe I make things a mess And maybe you're right to have doubts in me Maybe, but nevertheless If you, for once, could just trust me Just this once, let me come through for you The way that you want me to

Let me make you proud Let me show you the best in me Let me give you a reason to believe That I can stand tall And when I return And I'm more than you dreamt I'd be Maybe then you will realize that you never actually knew me at all

Sure, I've made lots of mistakes I know that I've disappointed you Still, though, whatever it takes I'm gonna fix it, just watch me Just you wait, I'll make it up to you If it's the last thing I'll ever do

I will make you proud I will make you have faith in me I will prove that the way I used to be Is all in the past I will save the day And come back here triumphantly 'Cause I long for that look of surprise when you see your son rising at last The pride in your eyes when you see us rising at last!

_________

You and Varian made it to the castle to see Rapunzel. The guards wouldn't let you in so you both ran past them until you made it to the room where Rapunzel was. "Princess Rapunzel!" You both yelled. The captain of the guards grabbed you both by the arms and stopped you. "Sorry Princess, they ran right past us." One of the guards said. "Wait! It's okay." She said. The Guard let you go. "Rapunzel! My dad's in danger! You're the only one that can help! Please, you have to come to Old Corona with me, now." Varian said. 

Rapunzel looked at the others and walked outside the room and into the hall with both of you. "Varian, Y/N. What's wrong?" She asked concerned. "The rocks they're encasing my dad." He said. "Encasing?! What are you saying?" "Come see for yourself." You said. You and Varian started walking down the hall. "You can help I know you can. You have a connection to these rocks." You both stopped walking when Rapunzel started talking. "Varian, Y/N. It's a state of emergency. I'm sorry I can't help you. Not right now."

"No, no, no. Listen to me, my dad doesn't have much time you are the only person who can help. Rapunzel Please." Varian said. Nigel came over and talked to Rapunzel. "Your Majesty, whatever the children's problem is it must be set aside. The storm is growing stronger by the second." 

Varian grabbed Rapunzel by the shoulders and begged her to come with him. "No. Please Rapunzel you promised me you'd help." Nigel brought the guards over and they took you and Varian away. "No, Rapunzel my dad needs help!" He yelled. "Please Rapunzel!" You yelled. "You promised! You promised!" You both yelled until you were outside of the castle. You had no choice but to go back home.

_______

Your P.O.V

"Dad!" Varian yelled as we rushed inside. "Dad! The princess refused to help but I-" We turned around and we saw Quirin fully encased in the amber. Varian ran to him. "Dad! No! No! Dad!" He was on his knees crying. I was too, I have been living with them for 6 years. 

I will make you proud Get the answers and set you free Don't you worry whatever it might take I'm finding a way  And I swear right now That no matter what comes of me Anybody who stands or has stood in my path, they are going to pay 

They... will... pay

Varian stood there, his face full of anger. He looked at his dad and he fell on his knees and broke down. I was on my knees crying and hugging him while he was crying on my shoulder. "This is all Rapunzel's fault," he tried to say in between sobs. I agreed with him, she left us when we needed her, she broke her promise. "You're right Varian and we'll make her pay for what she did." Varian stopped crying and looked at me. "We can start coming up with a plan right now." He stood up and started grabbing papers to write on. "Woah. Not right now. It's late and we need our sleep."

"But-" "Varian I'm tired and I can't think straight when I don't have any sleep," I said. He yawned. "Yeah, you're right we should probably go to sleep." We headed to our room to go to sleep. When we got inside I was going to tell Varian that I could go to another room to change. "I could-mmph." I was interrupted by Varian's lips on mine.

I pulled away from the kiss. "Varian, what are you doing?" I asked. "I'm kissing you. Can't I kiss my girl/boyfriend?" (Change the sentence if you use they/them pronouns) "Yes, but-" I was interrupted again by another kiss. My back was against the wall and I was starting to need air. Varian moved away from my lips and started going down to my neck. After a while, he started to lift up my shirt.

I knew where this was going so I moved away before he could do anything else. "Varian I know you're really sad about your dad but-" I started to say but Varian cut me off. "I'm sorry Y/N I should not have done that. I just-I just don't want to lose you" "Lose me. You're never going to lose me." I said. "But what if I do, and what if something happens and we aren't together anymore. I already lost my dad. You and Ruddiger are the only people and animal I have left."

"Varian, no matter what happens we can never be torn apart. When I locked myself in my room and wouldn't even talk to you we got through it. When I was going to another kingdom we found a way to make sure we wouldn't be separated. Whatever happens now or in the future, we'll find a way to make sure we don't lose each other."

______

Normal P.O.V          

After you got changed you were about to go to bed. "Umm, Y/N?" Varian asked nervously. "Yeah." Do you want to maybe-only if you want to, sleep with me? Unless you're not okay with it then that's fine." He asked. "Sure. It's fine." You said. You both went to bed. "Goodnight Var." "Goodnight N/N" (Nickname) 

That night you fell asleep in each other's arms.  But that peacefulness would not last for long. Your revenge on Rapunzel is yet to come. What you both didn't know was that a new obstacle was coming that could jeopardize your relationship, and this is an obstacle you might not be able to defeat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 196 22
A story between two friends as they face difficulties and hardships, but also love. *I know that sounds cheesy but I got nothing* Please tell me if t...
930 39 6
It was always just [Name] and Varian against the world. Best friends until the end of the lines. Despite the many disasters that come through their w...
145K 4K 130
Hey! This is my first story so I know it's not that great! I don't own any of the tangled series character! This is a story about a young witch beco...
11.7K 357 29
(This is my own spin off of the Tangled series and has no connection to any plot points. I know I used Moon!Varian as the cover but neither the moons...