Senator and Soldier

Von LeeraIvy

Senator Riyo Chuchi is beginning to lose her faith in the Republic. After being the target of several assassi... Mehr

Prologue
Unwanted Protection
Friendly Faces
The Price
Dissatisfying Escape
Perilous Plans
Transformations
Discovery
Traitors Revealed
Justice Served
Delicate Gift
Into Our Own Hands
Heartfelt Interrogations
Deserter Ally
Republic Commandos
Uncomfortable But Welcome
Trying Meetings
Explosions
Numerous Excuses
Shrine
Embarrassing Endeavors
Preparations
Festival of Light
Taking Chances
Double Sided Warning
Shattered Ball
Tick Tock
Illogical Reasoning
Uncharted Course
Healer's Touch
Alleged Conspirators
Resolved Resignation
Broken Trust
The Beginning of Change
Difficult Decisions
Gnawing Anger
Temple Bombing
Timid Steps
Take Two
A Likely Story
Suspects Renamed
Code Red
Social Calls
Traitors In Our Midst
Dark Clouds
Friends and Enemies
Insinuations
Surprises
Wonderful Turn of Events
The Unknown
Hardened Resolve
Growing Frustration
Dark Revelations
Hidden Plans
The Order
Burning Fears
Strained Loyalties
Darkness Calls
Mending Pains
Devotion
Epilogue
Thank You
Broken Codes
Walking New Paths

Multiple Dilemmas

833 31 8
Von LeeraIvy

Outer Rim: 19 BBY
Republic Transport Shuttle
Commander Fox

Fox held his blasters at the ready. Clay and Silas crouched on the other side of the ship with a bag of explosives in between them. Baize had already returned to the cockpit and was quickly trying to bring their engines and hyperdrive online.

The ship jolted as they were pulled into the main hangar of the Separatist dreadnought. The lights dimmed, then flickered back on. Fox heard the unmistakable sound of droid feet coming closer. Clay slid a droid popper into his grasp. The ramp dropped open and he tossed the popper out. It emitted a low whine, followed by a blast of electricity. A cluster of droids went down. Fox opened fire as Silas threw another popper.

"Hurry up, Baize!" Fox called.

"I'm trying! This blasted hunk of junk won't do what it's supposed to!"

Fox pressed his back against the wall, letting a few stray blaster bolts fly past. He leaned over again and took down three droids with one shot. There weren't supposed to be Seppies in this sector! How did they know what was going on?

Clay tossed him a popper and Fox let it fly. Another section of droids collapsed. "Which system are we in?" He asked.

Silas yanked his helmet off and chucked it at a droid. The battle droid screamed and toppled into his comrades. Their blasters went off simultaneously, disabling a few more droids. "I don't know," he said through gritted teeth. "I did manage to scan this flagship before we were brought on board. It's Admiral Yur Loke's fleet. Their last known position was the Naboo System, reported by General Kirsi and Commander Axe of the 918th legion."

Kirsi...that's Irel Kirsi, Riyo's friend, Fox realized. "We must be near Naboo then?"

Silas ducked beneath a blast and threw a droid popper. "I don't think so. They were reported here a few months ago. After that, their location was unknown."

"Well, they want these two sleemos pretty badly."

"Hold your fire!" Someone ordered. Fox lowered his blaster as Yur Loke himself pushed in between the battle droids. Silas and Clay lowered theirs as well, although they kept a hold of their droid poppers. "Come out, Clone. I have some things to discuss with you."

"I already told you that these two are under Republic jurisdiction. We won't hand them over," Fox replied.

Yur Loke folded his hands behind his back. "Then it seems we have a problem. I've been ordered to take them alive, otherwise I would simply blow up your ship. I suppose I'll have to use the new toys Count Dooku sent me."

New toys? Fox narrowed his eyes. Silas looked skeptical as well. Yur Loke snapped a finger and another droid approached, carrying a box. The droid set the box down and opened it. Clay muttered something as dozens of probe killers scuttled across the floor towards them.

"Blast it!" Fox growled. He leaped to his feet as Silas threw a popper at the miniscule spider like droids. "Help me get the boarding ramp online and close it!" Clay pried a panel off the wall and quickly short circuited the ramp. It stayed down, but the emergency seal came online with a flash of blue. The droids tumbled into it, but could move no further.

"Baize, how's it going in there?" Silas called, glancing over his shoulder.

Baize waved a tool and kept working. "I've almost got it."

"Hurry up!"

Fox gasped and fell backwards as a sharp spike tore through the side of the ship. Muffled bangs came from below the floor panels. More of the spikes appeared and several buzz droids pattered over the viewport in the cockpit. The probe killers were still crawling around the boarding ramp. The lights flickered once more, then went out.

"Slight problem...the entire ship lost power," Baize groaned.

"We need a new plan." Silas turned to Fox expectantly.

Fox brushed past them and surveyed the hangar. His gaze landed on several sheathipede shuttles that were already powered up. "There. Grab those two," he glanced down at the floor panels, "and position them in front and behind us. We'll use them as cover and make a run for that shuttle."

Clay opened up the crawl space and pulled Sib Canay and Far Modem out of it. Silas quickly checked their binders, then gave Fox a nod. "Here." Baize tossed a small object towards him. Fox caught it and flipped it over. It was the electrical circuit from a droid popper. He pressed it against the viewport and activated it.

Instantly, the viewport lit up with electricity. The buzz droids that had been crawling over it shrieked and disappeared. Fox blasted through the transparisteel and crawled out. The others weren't far behind him. Fox shoved Sib Canay in front of him and kept one blaster ready.

"Stop them!" Yur Loke shouted.

Fox kept moving. He could feel his brothers keeping a tight formation beside him, with Far Modem tagging along. The probe killers clattered over the ship and ran towards them. Silas blasted at them and threw a spare droid popper. It did little to dent the cluster of little spider droids.

Fox heard a strangled cry a second later. He risked a glance back. Silas hit the ground and the droids swarmed over him. He could already see the vacant stare of death in his brother's gaze. There was a black scorch mark at his throat. Fox shook his head and pressed on.

The droid's blaster fire was increasing rapidly. He didn't know how they were managing to miss Canay and Modem. The ships weren't far now, but battle droids were closing in on them. Clay let out a hiss of pain, suddenly. He gripped his side tightly, where a blast had hit a weak point in his armor.

"Fox," Baize called.

He looked back once more. Destroyer droids were moving in. Their shields came online and they fired. Fox dove to the ground as the shots flew over his head. Clay and Baize copied him. They were all up and running in the next second.

"The prisoners!" Clay exclaimed. Far Modem and Sib Canay were sprinting towards Yur Loke.

Fox gritted his teeth and hesitated for a split second, then shook his head. "Leave them. We have to get out of here."

Clay and Baize raced onto the Separatist shuttle behind him. They sealed the boarding ramp and prepared to take off. Baize began to back the shuttle out of the hangar. Through the viewport, Fox could see Yur Loke holding a transmitter of sorts. A second later, he pulled out a blaster. Both Sib Canay and Far Modem fell to the ground, smoking holes in their chests. Neither rose.

"I guess he didn't want them alive after all," Baize whispered. Fox didn't reply. He slid beneath the control panel and removed the ship's trackers, making sure to destroy them. At last, he sat down and closed his eyes while they made the jump to hyperspace.

Mon Cala: 19 BBY
Mon Cala City
Riyo Chuchi

The next day passed in a blur of datapads, holograms, and hours of talking. Thankfully, Riyo's headache had disappeared for a while. Riyo glanced out the window of the speeder. An endless void of blue met her gaze. Padmé had been showing her a few of Mon Cala City's best features, claiming it would be good for them to relax after such a trying day.

Riyo leaned her head on the back of her seat and closed her eyes. "Bail said there should be food waiting for us when we get back," Padmé said. "They already ate, so he made sure some trays were brought to our rooms."

"You could eat in my room if you want. I don't like eating by myself," Riyo laughed. Padme gave her a smile and a nod.

The speeder docked shortly and they disembarked. They quickly headed towards Riyo's room. Padmé ducked into hers and returned with a tray of food. They situated themselves around a table and began to eat.

"I've always wondered how the Mon Calamari can perform in those water orbs without running into each other," Padmé said.

Riyo knit her brows. "I suppose if you practice something enough, it's easy. If I had to try to do their routine, I think I'd be knocking people out of the bubble left and right."

Padmé giggled at that. "I wouldn't be any better."

"How has Anakin been after everything that happened with Ahsoka?"

Padmé sighed. "He's been sad and angry. He's sad that she left and angry at the Council for not believing in her from the start. I haven't been able to talk to him since then. He went to join the 501st on Ringo Vinda, I think."

"Is it wise for him to tell you where his location is?" Riyo arched a brow.

"He very rarely does." Riyo nodded and didn't press the matter. "What about Fox?"

"He's mostly been upset that he was misled by Barriss Offee," Riyo replied. "I haven't heard anything new from him. Delaney told me the Chancellor had asked him to do something right when we left. It was taking him off world, I believe."

"Ah, I see." Padmé was silent for a moment, then began to speak about their fundraisers. Riyo tuned her out temporarily as her head started to throb once more. She pulled her attention back and listened. "He's decided to implement some of your ideas, as well as Senator Organa's. Lee-Char feels that they would be the most beneficial to his people. I'll stay behind to help him get things started. Bail will leave some instructions and advice behind, but he said he must return to Alderaan for a time. What about you?"

"I told you I'd stay and help if you had to. Besides, it might be best, if he wants to use some of my ideas."

"Great! We'll be able to start soon then. Mon Mothma and Bail are leaving tomorrow, I think."

Riyo propped an arm up on the table and let her head rest in her hand. She poked at her food, suddenly not hungry. Padmé continued to ramble on, working out an itinerary. Riyo leaped to her feet and dashed towards the refresher. She barely made it, before losing what little dinner she'd eaten.

Padmé appeared at the door, eyes wide with concern. "Are you all right?" 

Riyo waved a hand. "I'm fine."

Padmé stooped down behind her and pulled her pastel hair back into a loose bun. "You don't seem fine. I really think you should see someone when we get back to Coruscant. In fact, maybe you should go back with Mon Mothma tomorrow."

"You need my help here," Riyo protested. She waited a few seconds longer, then stood and rinsed out her mouth. Padmé continued to watch her.

"Riyo, is there any chance that you might be pregnant?" She asked.

Riyo bit her lip and swallowed. "Yes, and the thought had crossed my mind."

"But you don't know for sure?" She shook her head. Padmé watched her a moment longer. "You're going back to Coruscant with Mon Mothma tomorrow. Go see someone and have them confirm."

"What about Lee-Char and the programs?"

"Just do what Bail is doing."

Riyo sighed and swiped some hair out of her eyes. "All right. You'll comm me if you need me, though, right?"

Padmé smiled. "Of course. Be sure to let me know if you find out anything." She gathered up both trays and stepped out of the room. Riyo crossed her arms and pursed her lips. At last, she released a heavy sigh and began to pack her things.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

112K 3.5K 69
Anakin Skywalker could never forget his apprentice, Ahsoka Tano, but the Jedi Order will waste no time mourning the loss of the ex-padawan. With a ne...
5.3K 228 43
~ Intuition - Book 1 - Rex and Lenora ~ ~ ''They told me, ''Be sensible with your new love. Don't be a fool, thinking this is the last you'll find.'...
221K 8.2K 79
Irel Kirsi is a newly appointed Jedi Knight when the Clone Wars arrives, bringing chaos into the galaxy she was sworn to protect. At the bidding of t...
3.5K 75 22
(I Don't OWN Star Wars or Akame Ga Kill) Clone Wars crossover with Akame Ga Kill, THIS IS MY SECOND TIME WRITING THIS(So hopefully this turn out bett...