Shrine

(Sorry about the delay! Enjoy a redraw of some of my old art as an apology 🥺)

Pantora: 20 BBY
Capital City
Riyo Chuchi

Riyo couldn't help but feel a small rush of excitement as the ship descended towards the Pantoran capital city. It had been far too long since she'd been home. A glance to her right showed Mairin experiencing the same joy.

"Do you mind if I go see my family as soon as you're settled?" Mair asked, facing her.

"Of course not. You haven't seen them in ages. I'm sure Jairo will want to meet them as well."

Mairin grinned broadly. "You're the best."

"Senator." Riyo turned as Captain Rye Tere approached. "We're making our final descent. Chairman Papanoida and his children are waiting to greet you. He sent a transmission asking for a meeting as soon as you arrive."

Riyo nodded, stifling a sigh. She'd hoped she'd get a chance to relax at home before any meetings called her away. "Of course. Asha can accompany me."

"The Chairman wants to speak with Commander Fox as well," Captain Tere added.

"Have you told him?"

"Yes, M'lady." Captain Tere turned away as they drew close to the Chairman's home.

The ship touched on a landing pad shortly. "I'll have everything unloaded at your home before you return," Mairin said. "I might not be there, though."

Riyo smiled. "Thank you, Mair." She paused beside the boarding ramp. Asha and Fox joined her shortly. The three of them stepped off. Chairman Papanoida and his three children were waiting just ahead.

"It's so good to see you, Senator Chuchi!" One of his daughters, Chi Eekway, exclaimed.

"It's good to be home," Riyo replied.

Chairman Papanoida gestured towards the door nearby. "Come. We've much to discuss and I'm sure you're anxious to be home soon."

Riyo fell in step behind the family. She glanced back to make sure Fox and Asha were following. She could feel Fox's gaze on her, even though it was hidden beneath his helmet. They took a lift up a few levels, before finally reaching the Chairman's office.

Chairman Papanoida took his seat and his children settled themselves beside him. Riyo sat down across from his large desk. Fox and Asha stood on either side of her. "What is it you wish to discuss, Chairman?" Riyo asked.

"Tell me everything that happened on Coruscant. I'm afraid I only got the brief version before," he said.

"It was the Trade Federation's apartments that were bombed," Riyo began. "No one knows who targeted them yet. The Federation representatives were in a meeting with the Chancellor during the explosion. As far as I know, there were no fatalities. My own apartments were destroyed during the explosion and the aftermath. I'm grateful that everyone got out safely. Chancellor Palpatine had everyone meet at the Senate Builidng for an emergency session."

She paused to catch her breath, then continued. "It was decided that all of us would return to our home planets until new housing was found. Senator Clovis and Chancellor Palpatine are personally investing in new apartments for us and they should be ready within a week or two."

"And who is investigating the cause of the explosion?"

"A member of the Jedi Council. I'm not sure who." Riyo glanced at Fox.

"General Windu is in charge of the investigation," Fox explained.

"Ah, very good. He will solve the problem shortly." The Chairman's gaze turned towards Fox again. "Commander, I suppose I never truly got to thank you for protecting Senator Chuchi those few months ago."