Healer's Touch

Junalli: 20 BBY
Zunja Territory
Commander Fox

They landed the ship in a somewhat dry clearing. Tilieu covered Riyo and Mairin with some thick blankets before leading them out into the jungle. Fox kept his eyes peeled for the Pteulj, and other creatures. He had no idea what lurked around them.

They kept walking farther into the jungle. The trees grew larger and thicker, gradually. Tilieu held up a hand, suddenly. "Wait."

Fox and Jairo paused, glancing at each other. A low whistle made its way into the audio receptors of his helmet. The whistle stopped and several people landed on the ground before them. Fox looked up. Several other people were balancing on the branches overhead.

A man approached them, tossing his hair over his shoulder. He began to speak in a rough language. Fox had no idea what he was saying, but Tilieu replied in the same language. The man smiled at last. Tilieu pulled her sleeve up, revealing a white tattoo on her brown shoulder.

"The Chief will be happy to see you again, Tilieu," the man said. His accent was the same as hers.

"I'd hope so. He hasn't seen me since I left and that was almost twenty years ago." Tilieu gestured back towards them. "This is Fox and Jairo."

"More twins?" The man arched an eyebrow and chuckled to himself.

"Leave the hovers here and carry them the rest of the way. Someone will come move the hovers until we need them," Tilieu ordered.

Fox arched an eyebrow but lifted Riyo from the hover. She let out a faint groan and fell still. "Come. My mother and sister can help your friends," the strange man said, as soon as they were ready.

He turned and started walking farther into the jungle. Two of the warriors fell in step with him, while the others quickly scaled the trees. Fox caught up to Tilieu. "Where are they taking us?" He whispered.

"To the village. Don't worry; it's not far."

Fox pursed his lips, but said nothing more. They reached a wooden platform of sorts. All of them piled on. The platform shook, suddenly, and began to rise. It carried them up into the treetops, revealing a network of wooden catwalks, platforms, rails, and huts.

Fox's eyes widened at the sight. People living in the treetops? He thought. I know the Wookiees live similarly, but I've never heard of anything like this. The lift stopped and they stepped off.

"Chief!" Their guide shouted.

"He's in a meeting, Lihol. What is it?" A young woman approached. Unlike Tilieu, her curly hair was piled up in a bun. She tilted her head curiously, spying them. "Who are they?"

"This is Tilieu, Chief Aeito's sister. You wouldn't remember her. Those two are Fox and Jairo," the man, Lihol, replied.

The young woman's gaze fell to Mairin and Riyo. She let out a gasp. "Shadowbane?" She asked Tilieu. Tilieu nodded. The woman quickly moved beside Riyo, and grabbed her hand. She felt her wrist for a moment. "I'm Saji, a healer. Let me take them to my hut, where my mother and I can work on them."

Fox nodded and followed her. Saji led them towards a hut. He noticed the tattoo on her shoulder as they walked. It matched Lihol's. They must represent family or something, he realized.

They entered the hut and another woman rose to greet them. She raised her eyebrows at Saji. "Tilieu is back and she brought them," Saji explained. She motioned towards Riyo and Mairin. "They've been poisoned with shadowbane."