RWBY X MALE READER

By Bossforlife75

You are the son of Vergil, the dangerous older brother of the famous devil hunter Dante. After your village i... More

(Definitive) Prologue.
Bio (slightly updated)
Part 1: Welcome to vale
Part 2:The Shining beacon
Part 3: The initiation
Teaser
Part 4: The badge and burden
Part 5: Jaunedice
Part 6 :Forever fall, but never forgotten
Part 7 :The Stray
Part 8: Black and White and Demons awaken
Vol. 2 Part 1: Best Day Ever
Vol.2 part 2: Painting the town red, pasts can't stay buried.
Vol.2 part 3: Extracurricular Field Trip.
10K?!
Vol.2 Part. 4: The Boogeyman's Tale.
Vol.2 part 5: Breach (The Showdown) pt.1
Vol.2 part 6: Resurgence (The Showdown) pt.2
Vol.2 part 7: Retribution (The Showdown Finale)
Vol.3 part 1: Round One's New Challengers.
Vol.3 part, 2: It's Brawl in the Family.
Vol.3 part, 3: Never miss a beat.
Vol.3 part, 4: Fall.
Vol.3 part, 5: Destiny.
Vol.3 part, 6: PVP.
Vol 3. part, 7: The battle of Beacon.
Vol.3 part, 8: Heroes and Monsters.
Vol.3 part, 9: The Beginning of The end.
Vol.3 part, 10: Don't say goodbye...
Vol.4 part, 1: The Next Step Is Always The Hardest.
Vol.4 part, 2: Long time no see.
Vol.4 part, 3: Two Steps Forward, Three From Hell.
Vol.5 part, 1: The Menagerie.
Vol. 5 part, 2: Keep Walking The Line.
Vol. 5 part, 3: The Approaching Storm.
Vol. 5 part, 4: Don't Fear The Reaper.
Vol. 5 part, 5: Restful Reunions.
Vol.6 part, 1: Argus Unlimited.
Vol.6 Part, 2: Alone in Darkness.
Vol.6 part, 3: The Grimm's Reaper.
Vol.6 part, 4: Dead end.
Vol.6 part, 5: Something wicked this way comes.
Vol.6 part, 6: This Is The Way.
Vol. 7 part, 1: The Greatest Approach.
Vol. 7 part, 2: Ceremonial Circumstances.
Character Bio and Announcement.
Vol. 7 part, 3: A Cordial Night Out.
Vol. 7 part, 4: The Road to Hell...
Extra Chapter 1: Tale of the Fallen Swordsmen.
Extra Chapter 2: Eclipse
Special Chapter 1: The Devil's Rose.

Vol.4 part, 4: Against All Odds.

190 3 3
By Bossforlife75

3rd POV.
Kuroyuri, Town Square.

The Nuckelavee and Ouroboros look at Ruby, Jaune, Nora, Ren fall back while an unconscious Qrow rests against the tree. (Y/n) holds his ground as the Nuckelavee's various body parts twitch, it lets out a loud ear piercing screech, causing a huge shockwave and forcing everyone except (Y/n) to cover their ears as the Grimm looks at the group, then to (Y/n) before finally setting it's sights on Qrow.

Realizing what the Grimm's next action was, (Y/n) sprints towards Qrow as the Nuckelavee lashes it's arms at (Y/n) making him dodge and cartwheel over the attacks as he runs over to Qrow and gets him upright.

Ouroboros raises it's hand at the Grimm while looking at the others as it directs the Nuckelavee's attention to Qrow and (Y/n), charging and heading straight for the two. Ren uses his semblance to hide Qrow and (Y/n) from the Nuckelavee, stopping short as it looks around for the two in confusion, (Y/n) stands still in front of the huge creature.

Ren: "Just get him to safety!"

Nodding to Ren (Y/n) swiftly walks away while the battle resumes, carrying Qrow around the corner of a building (Y/n) sets the man down, narrowing his eyes at him before turning to leave. Qrow grabs his arm, but falls back unconscious before he could say a word, (Y/n) stands up and takes another look at Qrow as he runs back to the battle.

Ruby launches herself higher with Crescent Rose as she and Nora go to attack the Nuckelavee, only to be grabbed and thrown to the ground. Ren circles around the creature as it throws it's arms at him while being shot by StormFire. The Nuckelavee screeches, grabs ahold of Ren and his weapons.

(Y/n) goes to help the others, but was stopped by Ouroboros clashing and crossing blades with him while the two stare each other down, Team RNJR continues to battle the Nuckelavee.

Jaune: "Guys, keep moving, go in a circle!"

(Y/n): "Kind of got my hands full here buddy! I'll handle this guy, you deal with that Grimm!"

Jaune nods as Nora fires a couple of grenades at the Nuckelavee's back, causing it to screech and turn to her and Ruby as Ren breaks free, the four begin circling the Nuckelavee while firing their weapons at the Grimm.

Rolling to the side (Y/n) dodges a downward slash from Ouroboros, landing on his hand (Y/n) kicks the Grimm knight into the bell tower. Landing in a crouched position on the side of the tower, Ouroboros quickly recovers and launches itself off the wall, then heads straight for (Y/n).

Clashing with him again, Ouroboros overwhelms and pushes (Y/n) back, tearing up the ground as they slide across the street, breaking Fox into it's two half blades (Y/n) slashes at the Grimm, only for Ouroboros to kick (Y/n) blocking it with both blades, sending him back a few feet and sliding to a stop.

Grinning at the Grimm, (Y/n) charges Ouroboros head on ferociously swinging at the dark knight, deflecting each strike and backing off the young man's onslaught of attacks. As (Y/n) brings down both swords, Ouroboros ducks under his swing and punches (Y/n) in the chest so hard it causes him to spit up blood, not breaking his stride (Y/n) spin kicks Ouroboros, hitting the Grimm right in it's neck as it looks up at the young man completely unfazed by his attack, slightly concerning him before (Y/n) leaps back onto the roof of a building, which gains him some distance between himself and Ouroboros. While the Grimm Knight stares blankly at him and gives off an intimidating aura.

(Y/n): 'What's with this feeling? His energy kind of reminds me of Sanji's... but, it feels almost like it's distorted somehow.'

Jaune unsheathes Crocea Mors and sprints over to the rear of the Nuckelavee, slashing on the beast's hind leg as he was kicked away and sent flying next to Ruby. Quickly standing back up, Jaune gives the creature a determined look and sheathes his sword.

Ruby: "What are you doing?"

Raising the weapon with both hands beside his head as the shield extends and widens the sword's blade, running off as Ruby smiles at Jaune using the upgraded Crocea Mors and begins supporting him by firing Crescent Rose at the Nuckelavee, hitting the horse's head and causing it to rear back as Jaune slashes at it's leg again, this time the horse screches in pain as it quickly backs away from the group while the Nuckelavee's rider twitches it's head.

Running across the rooftops, (Y/n) and Ouroboros clash and deflect each others strikes as the former back flips, dodging a powerful swing from Ouroboros destroying part of the roof where (Y/n) was standing before turning to the young man still in the air. Ouroboros' arm stretches and lashes at (Y/n) as he maneuvers his body and narrowly dodges the Grimm's sword before it somehow loops back, causing (Y/n) to block it while he was sent to the ground.

The Nuckelavee ear piercing screech makes Ruby and Jaune cover their ears while the horns as well as the bones on the creature's back grow longer. Ren and Nora both watch unaffected by the sound as Ren sprints back and runs up a tree, shooting at the Nuckelavee which angers the creature as it extends it's arm toward Ren, grabbing him and pinning him to the wall of the bell tower.

Nora: "Ruby!"

She calls to Ruby as she nods to Nora, spinning herself while Nora jumps on the end of Crescent Rose, launching Nora between Ren and the Nuckelavee as it throws it's other arm at the young man, instead pinning Magnhild to the wall with Nora dangling off the weapon right while Ren opens his eyes and looks up at Nora.

Nora: "Stop looking!"

Ren: "Ah-ugh."

Pulling her skirt to hide herself as Ren alerts his eyes, meanwhile Nora grins to herself.

The Nuckelavee then flings Nora to the ground until her Aura flashes, Ren watches helplessly before using StormFlower to slash and cut at the Nuckelavee's hand as he stabs into it's arm to give himself leverage while firing the weapon, pulling the Nuckelavee's hand off of him.

Jaune slashes the Nuckelavee's hind leg, making the Grimm drop Ren to the ground as he quickly stands up, running towards the Nuckelavee while slashing at it's arms. Ren's eyes look wild as he exhibits reckless behavior.

Jaune: "Ren! Knock it off!"

Being knocked back, Ren recovers and charges after the creature again only for the Nuckelavee's arm retracts and grabs Ren by his ankles as it slams him onto the ground knocking Ren's weapons out of his hands, the creature tosses Ren who ends up next to Nora with his Aura depleted as well. The two rise back up, Nora standing up first while Ren was fixated on the Nuckelavee as it was preparing to charge at them, Nora tackles Ren under a building and braces themselves only for nothing to happen as they see Jaune holding off the Nuckelavee with Crocea Mors.

The smoke clears, revealing (Y/n) using the half blades to hold back Ouroboros' attack, struggling against the Knight's strike (Y/n) directs the swords blade into the ground next to his head as (Y/n) swiftly flips to his feet, slashing Ouroboros' sword which breaks the sword in half and shatters the blade.

(Y/n) dashes back, getting some space between him and his opponent, Ouroboros drops to the ground while it retracts it's bladed arm, staring as it does so. Suddenly the sword begins growing back to his original size, making (Y/n) sigh in frustration.

(Y/n): "Oh, great. Even if I manage to break his fucking sword it just goes and regrows itself."

Putting Fox back together, (Y/n) runs forward slashing down at Ouroboros only for the Grimm to easily parry and swings at (Y/n) who leans back, dodging the Knight's strike and kicking the Grimm's sword up as well.

He and Ouroboros crossing swords as the two battle up the street, every time they clash against each other, shockwaves are cast outwards by the sheer power output while they continuing to fight through the abandoned village, (Y/n) knocks Ouroboros' sword back and swiftly slashes the Grimm across it's chest.

Round house kicking Ouroboros in the head, (Y/n) follows it up with another spin kick as the Grimm slides back, the young man slashes a crossed sword beam which hits Ouroboros directly and creates a huge explosion, as the dust settles the Knight was left unscathed. Dashes forward and clashing with Ouroboros again as they parry the other's moves, (Y/n) puts all of his energy into offense, small cuts appear on both opponents as they continuously attack. Ducking under one of Ouroboros' swings (Y/n) slices the blade in half, and stabs Ouroboros through it's chest.

(Y/n) pants heavily as a brief second passes before quickly tearing out the blade and using Zandatsu to cut and slash Ouroboros finishing his combo by thrusting Fox back into it's chest, twisting the sword deeper as it spurts a black and red substance from the wound. (Y/n) tears Fox out of Ouroboros' chest, swiping off the blood on his arm as he spins the sword around, sheathing Fox with a soft click. After a moment cuts around the Grimm's body burst with blood as Ouroboros falls to a knee.

(Y/n):*Panting* "L-Looks like I win... no sense in fighting with those wounds you're gonna bleed out pretty soon."

Turning and limping back to the where the others were, (Y/n) sees Mistral airships landing near the others location which gives him enough strength to limp faster.

As (Y/n) continues to walk off and unaware of Ouroboros' hand twitching, before it's head cranes back and rises from the floor in an unnatural manner. (Y/n) finally takes notice, sensing a dark Aura behind himself as (Y/n) turns, he was stabbed through the chest and hoisted into the air making him grunt in pain. Pulling (Y/n) close to itself, Ouroboros looks him dead in the eyes then shifts it's gaze to Devil Bringer before looking back to his face.

(Y/n): "Wh-What? Like something you see?"

Suddenly the smoke that surrounded Ouroboros earlier, starts covering it as the black mist morphs, changing Ouroboros into (Y/n) with a blank expression and grey pigmentation which corrects itself shortly after.

(Y/n): "What the fuck are you?"

Instead of answering (Y/n)'s question, Ouroboros rips it's sword out of his body, nearly slicing him in two as the Grimm doppelganger kicks him into a nearby building and watches the house collapse on top of (Y/n). Ouroboros turns and makes his way back to Ruby and the others, (Y/n) reaches for the Grimm while being buried under rubble as he quickly loses consciousness from blood loss.

Inside of (Y/n)'s mind.

Sitting on a large rock surrounded by a vast empty desert, (Y/n) hangs his head in shame while resting his arms on his knees as Jack appears beside him, looking out into the wasteland.

Jack: "Why are you just here? If you don't get up, that thing will kill everyone."

(Y/n): "Jack did you feel that?"

Jack: "Feel what?"

He asks confused as (Y/n) looks up at Jack.

(Y/n): "It felt like that Grimm had an Aura."

Jack: "I did. Why do you ask?"

(Y/n): "To my knowledge Grimm don't have an Aura, right?

Jack: "Yeah. What about it?"

(Y/n): "I'm not sure, but it felt similiar to Sanji's... though not quite."

Jack: "I felt it too, but that thing's Aura feels stronger and much more refined than Sanji's."

Standing up (Y/n) looks into the desert while Jack stares at him.

Jack: "I think it's time to wake up."

(Y/n): "What?"

Jack: "I said it's time to wake the fuck up Samurai, we've got world to burn."

Outside of (Y/n)'s mind.

Waking up with a deep breathe (Y/n) groans and pushes an old support beam off himself as he starts digging out of the collapsed house.

(Y/n):*Panting* "Got to get to Ruby and the others..."

With Ruby and the others.

Ruby, Jaune and one of the Mistral pilots lift Qrow into the airship while Ren and Nora board the other airship.

Ruby: "Wait, where's (Y/n)?"

Jaune: "Last I seen him he was fighting that Grimm..."

Noticing something in the distance, Jaune spots (Y/n) limping towards them.

Jaune: "Look! There he is!"

He, Ruby and one of the pilots sprint over to (Y/n)'s side as they help the young man to his feet.

Ruby: "(Y/n)! Are you okay?"

Jaune: "Come on let's get out of here!"

As Jaune and the pilot lift the young man to his feet (Y/n) knocks Jaune away, grabbing the pilot by his head and lifting him off the ground, squeezing his head.

Jaune: "What are you doing?!"

Ruby: "(Y/n) let him go!"

The two freeze in place, unable to do anything as they hear the pilot blood curdling screams grow louder as (Y/n) tights his grip on the man's head, reaching for anyone to help him before his head bursted into a massive gush of bloody skull fragments and bits of brain.

Dropping the pilot's headless mangled corpse to the ground, (Y/n) turns his sights to Ruby with a blank lifeless expression as Jaune draws his weapon.

Jaune: "(Y/n) what are you doing?! These guys are helping us!"

Slowly walking forward, smoke envelopes (Y/n)'s body, swirling around him as it shifts his clothes into Ouroboros' armor.

Jaune: "It's that Grimm!"

Ruby: "How did he manage to look like (Y/n)?!"

Jaune: "I don't know, but this doesn't look good at all."

Raising they're weapons, ready to fight the new opponent as Ouroboros' intense Aura darkens the area around them.

BANG! BANG!

Bullets fired behind the Grimm ricochet off it's armor as Ouroboros turns to see the attacker it receives a demonic punch sending it sliding across the ground. (Y/n) stands in place of Ouroboros, panting heavily while holding his side.

(Y/n): "Fuck. I hate to admit it, this is an oddly familiar situation I've gotten myself into."

Looking back to Ruby and Jaune while smirking at the two.

(Y/n): "Sorry I'm late, thanks for holding the bus."

Ruby: "(Y/n)! You're okay!"

Jaune: "Why did that thing look like you?"

(Y/n): "Believe me. I'm as lost as you are, but never mind that now. We need to get out of here before that thing has a chance to recover."

Ruby/Jaune: "Right!"

They both say as the three run towards the airship, Ruby and Jaune enter as (Y/n) goes to step in as well, he quickly fires Blue Rose behind himself destroying a pair of black spikes that were shot from Ouroboros silently staring at the young man, firing a charged shot that knocks Ouroboros over, the Grimm staying still for a few moments before lifting it's head to look at (Y/n).

(Y/n): "You're one tough son of a bitch, I'll give you that."

Holstering Blue Rose and reaching over his shoulder, unsheathing Fox watching as Ouroboros rises to his feet in an unholy way without a single scratch or sign of damage to the creature.

(Y/n): "Ruby, Jaune! Get out of here! I'll handle this!"

Ruby: "But (Y/n)-"

(Y/n): "Don't worry, I'll meet you guys in Haven!"

Telling the two while still facing towards Ouroboros, Ruby goes to help him but was stopped by Jaune.

Jaune: "Ruby we have to go, if he found us once then I'm sure he can do it again, but we need to go."

Mistral: "I can't stay here much longer, whatever that thing is I have a feeling it'll tear this ship apart."

The pilot says to the pair, as Ruby nods to Jaune, he turns to (Y/n) standing defensively in front of the airship.

Jaune: "Hey (Y/n)!"

Turning his head to smirk at him and Ruby.

Jaune: "It's good to have you back."

(Y/n): "Likewise. See you later, Jaune. Take care Ruby."

He says while the aircraft takes off, leaving the two in the center of the abandoned village as Ruby watches (Y/n) and Ouroboros clash both warriors sending out large shockwaves with each attack before the airship flies out of visibility. Looking down to Qrow layed out on a stretcher, Ruby smiles at her uncle then looks outside.

Crossing swords with their blades sparking against each other, (Y/n) swiftly draws Blue Rose and fires at Ouroboros moving it's head out of the way as it kicks (Y/n) in the stomach, only for it's foot to be caught by the young man.

(Y/n): "Not this time!"

Twisting Ouroboros' leg and spinning the Grimm into side flipping, (Y/n) punches Ouroboros in the face and into the ground before booting the Grimm which sends it flying away.

Sliding to a stop, Ouroboros jumps to it's feet as (Y/n) follows up with a knee to it's stomach which doesn't even faze Ouroboros while it thrusts it's sword at (Y/n)'s head, dodging the attack and grabbing the sword by it's blade (Y/n) headbutts Ouroboros back and does a series of kicks to it's body as he finishes with a punch, sending the Grimm knight into and through a wall.

Breathing heavily while staring at the Knight with burning determination in his eyes, (Y/n) tiredly lifts Fox next to himself as he shoots off inside the house and towards Ouroboros and in the blink of an eye shoves Fox through it's chest with so much force behind the strike it creates an explosive shockwave which destroys the house around them.

Twisting Fox further into Ouroboros' chest, the Grimm falls motionless as (Y/n) pants and rips his sword out of it's body

Fascinated by his unwavering tenacity Ouroboros backs off, turning and slashing open a black portal, looking back to (Y/n) before stepping inside.

(Y/n): "HEY! Where do you think you're going?!"

Throwing Devil Bringer in after the Grimm, (Y/n) feels a tingly feeling on his demonic hand as he was then jerked forward while being slowly pulled into the portal as well.

(Y/n): "AH! SHIT! Jack? Could use a little help here!"

Jack: "Want me just to chop it off?"

(Y/n): "What?! No! Just help me pull!"

Sighing at his request, Jack appears beside him as they both struggle to pull themselves free as (Y/n) was yanked closer to the portal, merely a few inches away from entering as well.

Jack: "Looks like we're going for a trip!"

He says as they were pulled into the portal as it disappears shortly after.

Small Timeskip.

(Y/n) was thrown out of the portal and sent tumbling into a free fall, looking down to the area below and past the clouds was a large island surrounded by the ocean.

(Y/n): "An island?"

Jack: "Looks like that thing dragged us all the way out to sea."

(Y/n): "Well, that's just great! Any ideas on our landing strategy? Jack? Jack?"

(Y/n) asks with a look of growing concern, but getting no response as he begins falling faster and faster toward the island.

(Y/n): "JACK YOU MOTHERFUCKERRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr...."

Belladonna Residence.

Blake places a wooden chest on the desk and opens it, inside are various items including a banner with the new White Fang logo, a notepad and a book.

Sun: "I bet you if (Y/n) was still around, he'd probably be all for this idea."

Blake: "...Yeah..."

Looking down at the ring around her finger, faintly a tinge of blue glows in the center of the jewel. Confused, Blake and Sun suddenly hear a huge crashing sound followed by the singing of blades clashing together and after a few moments, Faunus could be heard chattering amongst themselves.

Sun: "What was that?!"

Kuo Kuana Market.
A few minutes prior.

The streets bustling with faunus, a fruit cart manager waves goodbye to a customer as he stretches his arms, the man hears a noise above him drawing closer.

(Y/n):

Crashing into the man's fruit cart, smashing and breaking the cart and everything inside as fruit juice spatters onto the man and completely drenching him.

(Y/n): "Ow! That hurt. Ugh..."

Finally taking notice of the man, (Y/n) awkwardly waves at him.

(Y/n): "Uhh... Hi, I'm (Y/n)."

The man stares at him fearfully as he runs away.

Fruit cart manager: "HELP! A human fell from the sky and smashed my cart to bits!"

Watching the man run, (Y/n) stands up and dusts himself off.

Jack: 'Did you really just say Hi, I'm (Y/n)?'

(Y/n): "What?"

Jack:*Sigh* "Nothing."

As (Y/n) finishes dusting off his pants and jacket. He immediately backflips over a slash, dodging a sword swing from behind while kicking the blade into the ground (Y/n) turns and faces his assailant.

Unsheathing Fox, (Y/n) glares at Ouroboros as it retracts it's sword and slowly walks toward him before vanishing and appearing next to (Y/n), crossing blades with the young Devil hunter.

(Y/n) and Ouroboros exchange blows, as he was quickly outpaced and outmatched by the dark knight's growing power, Ouroboros forces (Y/n) back as the Grimm knocks Fox out of his hand, stabbing (Y/n) through his chest and lifting him into the air while he shouts in pain, Ouroboros looks closely at (Y/n) before clutching it's helmeted head and lets out a growl of pain, hissing in anger as Ouroboros tears the sword from (Y/n)'s chest.

Stepping back from (Y/n) and slashing open another portal, Ouroboros glances at (Y/n) one last time as it walks through the portal which closes behind the mysterious Grimm. With a grunt of exertion, (Y/n) slowly stands as a squad of guards dressed in a royal, all of which were a different type of faunus.

Menagerie guard 1: "You! Lay down your weapons and come peacefully!"

Realizing that a crowd of Faunus had formed around him and the guards in the meantime, (Y/n) drops to his knees while his wounds gushes blood and splatters the ground in front of him.

Deer Faunus: "Is that a human?"

Cat Faunus: "What's a human doing here?"

???: "What's going on here?"

Menagerie guard 2: "Sir! Stay back this human is dangerous!"

(Y/n) turns his head and sees a large black bearded man with his hands resting on his hips while staring at (Y/n).

Bearded man: "You. Human. How did you get here?"

(Y/n): "Fell from the sky."

Bearded man: "Are you trying to be funny? Tell me why you are here."

(Y/n): "I was on my way to Haven before I ended up here."

Bearded man: "Haven, huh? I'm sorry to inform you, but you're a long ways away from there."

(Y/n): "Well, if you don't mind. I'm going to make my way out of here."

Bearded man: "I don't think so. You're not going anywhere, because you're under arrest."

(Y/n): "Oh? And who's gonna stop me?"

Drawing his revolver and pointing it at the faunus man's head as he transforms Fox and aims it in the direction of the guard.

(Y/n): "As far as I can see. I've done nothing wrong, aside from accidently smashing a fruit cart."

Bearded man: "True. But a human in Menagerie can't be allowed, come peacefully and you will be escorted off the island."

(Y/n): "I'm thinking of just leaving without one."

???: "Dad what's going on?"

???: "Blake! Hey! Wait up!"

Voices call out from behind the bearded man as Blake and Sun also arrive to the scene, lowering his weapons (Y/n) stares at Blake almost in a trance.

(Y/n): 'Blake?'

Thinking to himself while Blake looks to (Y/n), shocked at his appearance Blake covers her mouth as a single tear runs down her cheek.

Blake: "...(Y/n)? Is that you?"

(Y/n): "Hey kitten, how have you been...?"

Smiling at Blake with a bloody grin, shortly after (Y/n) collapses to the ground and succumbs to his wounds from the battle with Ouroboros.

Back in Mistral.

Walking into a double bed accommodation complete with a desk on the opposite side of the room and Qrow currently occupying one of the bed, Ruby closes the door behind her as she puts a collapsed Crescent Rose on the empty bed and walks over, placing a hand on Qrow's head.

After a moment Ruby walks and sits at the desk, picking up a pen and a notepad.

Hey sis, I hope my letters have been reaching you and Dad. Handwritten stuff's never been super reliable, but I guess it's all we've got these days. Anyway, in case you haven't been getting my them, I just want to say I'm sorry for leaving the way I did. I know you told me that it was a reckless idea, and after everything I've been through, I can definitely say you were right. It's been hard, on all of us, and I'm not talking about the monsters we fought out here.

An Atlesian pilot counts a pile of Lien in his hand.

Pilot: "Okay, you can hide out back in the cargo hold. I'll take you as far as I can go, but if we get caught, you're both on your own. Understand?"

Weiss nods affirmatively and walks forward with Naomi and Logan as Ruby's continues her thoughts.

Every step we made took us further and further from the things we knew. And every morning  we woke up wondering, if just over the next hill would be something good or something terrible.

The airship takes off out of the hangar as the scene changes to (Y/n) laying on a futon while Blake and Sun sit on either side of the unconscious young man.

It's scary not knowing what's going to happen next. And the things we do know now - just how bad it can get - it almost makes it all worse.

Then Blake and Sun both stand as they walk out of the room and leave (Y/n) to rest, Jack appears leaning against the wall next to him.

Jack: "You've come far, haven't you? You did well. My puppet."

You told me once that bad things just happen. You were angry when you said it, and I didn't want to listen.

Taiyang Xiao Long stares at a framed photo of Team STRQ as he looks down at Zwei, who barks and tilts his head making Taiyang smile. Looking at another picture frame, team RWBY all posing as (Y/n) stands behind in his old armor with his arms crossed and having the words "New Friends!" written on the bottom of the photograph.

But you were right, bad things do happen, all the time, every day. Which is why I'm out here, to do whatever I can, whenever I can, and hopefully do some good. We've all lost something.

Jaune sits in his room with a frustrated look as he stares at his weapons propped up against the wall.

But if we gave up every time we lost, then we'd never be able to move forward.

Nora and Ren open the door and enter, Jaune smiles as Ren sets his father's dagger next to Crocea Mors. Nora leans on Jaune while Ren rests his hand on Nora's shoulder.

We'd never have the chance to see what beautiful things the future might have waiting for us. We'd never have the strength to change; whether it's ourselves, or the world around us.

Weiss and Naomi sit on top if her suitcase inside the ship's cargo hold, gazing out into the sunset. Naomi rests her head on Weiss' shoulder as she smiles while the airship flies over the Atlesian mountains.

And we'd never be there for other people who one day might be lost without us. This is what we were training for, Yang, to become Huntresses, to be the ones to stand up and do something about all the bad in the world.

A Captain and First Mate wave goodbye to Yang as she drives Bumblebee away from the harbor, having the ring (Y/n) had given her fastened into a necklace that hangs around her neck.

Because there are plenty of people out there who are still lost and even more who will try to gain everything they can from their sorrow. Believe me when I say, I know it can feel impossible, like every day is a struggle against some unstoppable monster we can never hope to beat.

In the land of Darkness, Cinder snaps her fingers having defeated two Beowolves which disintegrate on the ground. Mercury leans on the wall as Emerald puts her fingers on her head, concentrating as she generates a hallucination of Ruby begging for mercy. Cinder focuses her energy into her right hand as a large stream of fire incinerates the hallucination her eye glowing while glaring at it. Nearby Salem watches with a pleased look on her face.

But we have to try, if not for us, then for the people we've already-

Ruby crosses out the last few word and alters her statement.

Then for the people we haven't lost yet.

As Ruby finishes writing, a couple of tear drops fall from her face and onto the letter, wiping away her tears Ruby continues to write.

I miss you so much. I miss Weiss and Blake too. But I think you'd all be proud that I made it to Mistral. All of us did, and we even ran into Uncle Qrow on the way.

Qrow pushes himself over with one arm and grunts while propping up his head with the other hand, as Ruby checks on him.

Qrow: "Hey, aren't I normally the one saving you?"

Ruby smiles and wipes a tear from her right eye and smiles at Qrow as Ruby's letter resumes.

He's going to take us to Professor Lionheart, the Headmaster of Haven Academy. And he told us some things that you're gonna wanna hear, things I can't trust will make it you in this letter. But maybe, if you join us, he could tell you himself. With Beacon gone they'll need Dad at Signal more than ever, and I know you need to focus on yourself before I can expect you to come out with me. But it sure would be great to get Team RWBY back together.

Riding Bumblebee down a path, Yang stops at a crossroad and looks at a sign with Mistral pointing to the right and the spray painted word "BANDITS" pointing to the left.

Yang: "You are in so much trouble when I find you."

Until next time, your loving sister, Ruby Rose.

Yang smiles as she continues on her motorcycle.

Oh! Uh, PS. I'll be sure to give you the address of where we're staying in Mistral! I'd love to hear back from you and Dad, and can't wait to fill you in on whatever's going to happen next! Now that we've made it across Anima I really think things are gonna start going our way. And PPS. You'll never believe who we ran into on the way here, you should probably come see for yourself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 133 16
A orphaned boy travels the world with a group of friends. They are soon slaughtered and this opens up a whole new world for the boy. He realizes, the...
98.7K 2.5K 106
Earth is an incredibly peaceful and beautiful World home to the amazingly intelligent Humans that live upon its surface. Upon these many, many Humans...
1K 58 17
Sometimes the reward isn't worth the price. Team lead Fatal and his group of Mercenaries are brought before a God of Light and told to fix his mess...
6.1K 101 10
Jaune Arc was neglected and belittled by his whole family except his beloved sister Saphron all because he wanted to be a hero like she was but he di...