The Love Of My Life (Brett an...

By Mads15250309

After Cruz's wedding, Brett and Casey grow closer and closer. Especially when something drastically changes B... More

The Day After The Wedding
Baby Trouble
Hospital Fun
I Need You
Not Again
Telling The House
The Fight Begins
I'm Sorry
The Date
The Fire
Moving Time
Parent Time
4 Words, 4 Words, 4 Words
I Do, I Don't (Part 1)
I Do, I Don't (Part 2)
Big Sister
Mind Of Their Own
Epilogue

Father's Day

913 15 8
By Mads15250309

Authors note: Enjoy! I was so excited to see Chicago Fire back!! It was SOOOOO GOOD!!!! (And Casey's long hair is to die for)

One year later,

General POV:

After the wedding, everything was perfect. Matt only had a few close calls on shift, and Amelia was already three years old! Time went by so quickly. They explained to Amelia everything about her mom, but she was only three so didn't understand a lot of it. She understood Sylvie was her sister, but still called her mommy. And as for Matt, well he was just Matt, until now.

Two weeks before Father's Day:

Matt and Sylvie just got off shift and picked up Amelia. So when they got home, it was straight to bed. Sylvie carried Amelia into her bedroom with Matt right behind her. They tucked her into bed and each kissed her forehead.

"Night, love you!" Sylvie whispered.

"Night Monkey!" Matt said.

"Night mommy I love you!" Amelia said, quickly followed by, "Night Matt, I love you!" She smile.

Matt stood there frozen and stunned. She said she loved him. A huge boyish grin appeared on his face.

"I love you too Monkey" he replied.

He turned off the light and slowly shut the door. As soon as the door was shut he whipped his head around to Sylvie. That huge grin still on his face.

"She said she loved me" Matt told Sylvie.

"Well that makes two of us." Sylvie smiled.

Matt didn't wipe that smile off his face the rest of the night. The next morning Matt woke up early so he could make Amelia's favorite, waffles. He may have spoiled her but he honestly didn't care.

He was cooking in the kitchen when he saw Amelia's door creak open. She walked over to him rubbing her eyes. They immediately opened when she saw what he was making.

"Waffles!" She screamed.

"We have whipped cream too" he said.

He picked her up and set her on the counter. He let her help with the batter and pour it into the waffle maker.

"Why don't you go sit at the table and I'll bring you your waffle?" Matt asked.

"Okay!" She replied happily.

Sylvie came out of their bedroom and sat next to Amelia. She smiled up at the man she loved as he walked over to the table. He kissed both their heads and sat the waffles in front of them. Matt put whipped cream all over Amelia's waffle and flung a little on her nose. They all laughed and finished their breakfast.

They dropped Amelia off at daycare, next year she'll be able to go to preschool. They pull up to the station, hand in hand they walk in. As soon as they set their bags down, they get a call.

"Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, Ambo 61"

They all run out the door and get in their rigs. They pull up to the scene, and see a large hotel. A woman runs up to all of them to inform them what's wrong.

"The boy! He's stuck on the balcony and the window is jammed!" The younger lady screamed.

They all look up and sure enough there's a young boy, about 7, stuck on a balcony 8 stories up with the window jammed. But that wasn't the worst part, the balcony was falling apart. They all knew they couldn't break the window because it would be to much risk of the balcony falling off. So they have to climb.

"Engine pull the rig up for the building and get the ladder up there! Casey, Severide get up there!" Boden orders.

Sylvie holds her breath and she see Matt starting to climb the ladder. Him and Severide finally get up to the balcony but are to far away to just grab the boy.

"Hey buddy, I need you to jump to me, okay? I know it's scary but I'll catch you, I promise." Matt assures.

It wasn't a far gap, only about a foot of a jump, but the little boy was to scared.

"I'll jump up there and grab him" Matt tells Severide.

"Are you sure?" Severide asks back.

"Yeah" Matt replies.

They ladder can't go up any further so he will have to jump up and be careful so the balcony doesn't break. He positions himself to jump, and then leaps. His feet are hanging off and his arms pull him up and over. He grabs the little boy and hands him to Severide. Matt quickly jumps back and acts like it was nothing.

They all reach the bottom and Casey carries him over to Brett to be checked out.

"Way to give me a heart attack. Captain." She whispers to Casey.

He laughs it off and walks back to the rig.

Two weeks later, Father's Day:

Matt wakes up the next morning, and it's the same as every other. They had the day off, so they slept in. He wasn't expecting anything on Father's Day, I mean he wasn't her real father.

When he turned around he saw the beautiful woman lying next to him. He stroked her cheek and she stirred.

"Hey handsome" she whispers.

"Hey gorgeous" he replies.

The next thing Matt knows, he was on his way to the grocery store. Sylvie practically pushed him out of the apartment and he didn't know why.

Meanwhile Sylvie and Amelia were finishing up their plan. Last week, Amelia asked if Matt could be her dad. Sylvie cried happy tears and told her absolutely. She tried to explain the long process to the three year old but she really only understood that to be her official dad he had to sign some papers. And she was going to ask him today.

They set up cute balloons everywhere and started to make him breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, and pancakes.

Matt walks through the door and sees balloons everywhere and then cooking.

"Hey Matt!" Amelia says as she runs it to him.

He scoops her up in his arms and says, "Hey monkey"

A few minutes later they all sit around the table and eat their breakfast. After Sylvie and Matt do the dishes they retreat to the couch. Sylvie gives Amelia this little nod and she runs out of the room. Matt shoots Sylvie a suspicious look but all she doesn't is smile.

Matt sees the little girl run over to him smiling, holding a large orange envelope. She hands it to him and climbs onto his lap. He slowly opens it really confused, and pulls out the paper inside it, adoption papers. Amelia's looks up at him and asks,

"Will you be my daddy" she asks.

Matt sets down the papers and turns Amelia around in his lap. He can't stop the happy tears falling from his eyes so he pulls her into a huge hug.

"Yes. Yes. Yes a billion times! I love you so much monkey" he tells her.

"I love you to daddy!" She smiles.

Daddy, he thinks. He could get used to this. He looks over at Sylvie who is also crying but has a huge grin on her face. He wraps both Amelia and Sylvie in his arms and starts to sign the papers. He doesn't need any papers to tell him who his family is, but he's want them to be an official family. These two are all either of them will ever need, well maybe another kid. Maybe. 

Authors note: This chapter was a little more of Amelia and Matt but I hope you enjoyed it!  The next one will have a bit of a time gap and if you haven't watched One Chicago yet, it's really good! Okay so the next chapter is taking me a little longer than I though, sorry, I hope to have it out by Monday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 293 10
Kayla woods has finally decided to settle thrown in Chicago after getting a place as a paramedic in 51. Which is really good for her because that's w...
17.1K 22 162
Book 2 of the Miracles series. Matt Casey and Gabby Dawson haven't had it easy in life. But now, they were in a better place. They were back together...
74.8K 909 50
Emily Scott and Matthew Casey had a past together. Matt was studying to become firefighter at the fire academy in Chicago. But Emily was studying to...
32K 346 31
Kelly and Taylor have been together since freshman year of high school and are completely in love with each other. Then one night tragedy strikes and...