I Need You

Authors note: I just want to say thank you for reading and hope you enjoy!

General POV:

"Oh my god. CASEY!" Brett screamed. Brett started to cry. She just lost her mother and she just adopted Amelia. She needed Matt. Her partner immediately noticed Brett and ran over. Even though he was new and didn't know Brett, she was still his partner. He told her to sit down to try and catch her breath. She did as she was told. Everyone was staring at the burning building, they just lost Odis, they can't lose Matt too. They're all about to give up until they see a figure coming out of the building.

"Matt!" Sylvie yells. He's holding the older man up who needs some help. Severide grabs the older man and takes him to the rig. They work on him and he's going to be fine, thanks to Matt. They load him up and take him to med.

They get back to the firehouse and Brett immediately looks for Casey. She saw him standing by the truck and ran toward him. She jumped in his arms, at first Matt was surprised but then immediately hugged her back. He held her up for a minute before letting her down. She continued hugging him.

"I was so worried." Sylvie said.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily." He said with a chuckle.

Sylvie got to know more about fosters temporarily replacement. He was a married man with 2 kids. While Sylvie learned more about him, Matt finished the paperwork on his desk so he could spend time with Amelia and Brett tonight.

The end of shift came and Brett popped in Casey's quarters.

"You ready?" Sylvie asked.

"Yeah." Matt replied.

They got in the truck and were on there way to get Amelia.

"I can't wait to see her!" Sylvie said excitedly.

"Me too." Matt replied.

They pull up to the little house and knock on the door. The older woman answers the door and welcomes them in. They see Amelia sleeping so Matt picks her up in his arms and carefully carries her to the truck. Sylvie thanks the woman and then they were on there way.

"Hey do you want to stop and get something to eat?" Matt asked.

"Sure"

Just as she replied, Amelia woke up. She was smiling and bouncing around.

"Hey little girl!" Sylvie said.

"Someone's happy today!" Matt said in a higher pitched voice. Sylvie smiled at Matt. She doesn't know how she could ever repay him for all he has done for them. The next thing Sylvie's knows is they pull up to her favorite diner.

"How did you know?" Sylvie asked.

Matt smiled and grabbed Amelia. He was always so gentle with her. And protective. They walk into the diner and Matt sets Amelia in her booster seat. They ordered and while they were waiting for there food Sylvie fed Amelia.

"Here comes the cho-cho train!" Sylvie said.

About an hour later they were back at the apartment. Matt was playing with Amelia on the play mat. Sylvie came over and sat next to them. They played peak a boo with Amelia, until she started to get tired. Then Sylvie grabbed her and set her in her crib.