Big Sister

Authors note: I am so sorry this chapter took me so long! I got really busy with school but the next chapter will hopefully be out sooner! And thank you for all the support!

1 Year Later:

General POV:

"Monkey, it's time for preschool!" Matt yells.

"I'm coming daddy!" Amelia yells back.

The 4 year old then runs out of her bedroom with her Disney princess backpack. Matt chuckles and then walks her outside to get on the bus.

"Love you daddy, tell mommy I love her too!" She says sweetly.

"I will monkey, we love you too" he smiles.

After he makes sure she's safely on the bus, he heads back into the apartment. He walks in and looks for Sylvie but he can't find her. He walks into the bedroom and turns to face the bathroom. He sees her head over the toilet.

"I can't stop puking" she cries.

"Hey baby, it's okay" Matt says reassuringly.

Matt walks over to hold her hair back and rub her back. 5 minutes later, she finally gets up and walks to the bed.

"I think you need to take this shift off. I'll call Boden" Matt says.

Sylvie shoots him a grateful smile and then gets under the covers. A few minutes later Matt walks back into the room.

"If you need anything just call, okay?" Matt asks.

"I will" she replies.

He kisses the top of her head and caresses her cheek.

"I love you so much" he says.

"I love you to Matthew Casey" she replies.

As he smiles, he walks out the door and heads to shift. That's when it hit Sylvie. She hasn't had her period in a while and she just puked her guts out. She might be pregnant.

Sylvie immediately picks up the phone to call Foster and Stella. Foster is now in med school and Mackey is Sylvie's new partner. Sylvie calls Stella first.

"Hey girl!" Stella answers cheerfully.

"Hey, um so I think I um-" Sylvie tries to say.

"Hey are you okay?" Stella asks.

"Yeah um, it's just that I think I'm pregnant"

"OH MY GOD!!! Sylvie, this is amazing. This is amazing right?" Stella asks

"Yeah, I think so" Sylvie replies.

"Hey, I'll tell you what. I'll grab a test and come straight over"

"What about shift?" Sylvie asks.

"Don't worry about that, this is more important!"

"Okay, I'll call Foster too"

"Sounds good be there in a few!"

Sylvie then takes a deep breath. She wanted a baby, but she didn't know how Matt would react. She shouldn't be scared right?

She cuts off her thoughts and calls Foster. They practically have the same conversation and before she knows it they are both on their way.

Then she starts thinking, but this time it's positive thinking. Ha! Cracked a joke, She thought. She's imaging Matt cradling their baby with Amelia in his lap and it's perfect. Then she realizes she wants this baby more than ever.