Moving Time

Authors note: Sorry I haven't been posting but I hope you enjoy this chapter. There's going to be some time gaps because I want to capture their big moments instead of  just dragging it out!

4 months later:

General POV:

Matt and Sylvie have been doing great. He comes over a few times a week to spend some time with her and Amelia. Sylvie was as happy as could be, until Emily told her the news last night. She is moving out of the loft.

Sylvie doesn't know what to do. She doesn't want Emily to leave, but that's selfish of her. She met this guy a couple of months ago and they were apparently really hitting it off. They decided to move in together. Sylvie thought it was a little too soon but Foster seemed happy so she wanted to support her.

The only thing is, she can't afford the loft in her own. She will have to move, with Amelia. She just started to get situated and know she has to pick up and go again.

Sylvie got up and got out of the bed for shift. Amelia's caretaker was doing better now and said she could continue to watch Amelia. So Sylvie did her normal routine and dropped her off and headed to shift.

Matt was standing there leaning against truck, waiting for her. Normally, she would have smiled and been excited to see him, but the news about Foster was still racking her brain.

Matt immediately noticed and grabbed her hand. He took her bag for her and headed to his quarters. He closed the door and shut the blinds.

"Hey" he said softly. "What's wrong?"

"Um-" Sylvie started to say but then the tears came shedding down.

Matt sat down in the bed and pulled her onto his lap. He held her tight in his arms until she started to speak.

"Fosters moving out of the loft. And I don't know what's going to happen. I can't afford the rent by myself and I just got settled in with Amelia and now I'm going to have to pick up and move again."

"I have a crazy question" Matt said

"Yeah?" Sylvie asked.

"What if I move into the loft? I mean I stay over there all the time. Plus I would be able to see you and Amelia everyday. And I think Kidd and Severide are ready to have their own place. We've dated for a few months and known each other for years. And I plan to spend the rest of my life with you and that amazing little girl. And this would be one more step in that direction. But if you're not ready, I totally understand."

"Do you really want to move in?!" She said as she looked at him.

"Yeah" he said with a cheesy grin.

She immediately got off his lap and turned to face him. She jumped into his arms once again, knocking him over on the bed. This time, their chests were pressing together and she gave him a kiss.

"I'll take that as a yes?!" He said with a laugh.

"Yes!"

The whole shift, Sylvie couldn't stop smiling. Later today she promised to help Foster with moving her stuff. She told her about Matt moving and Foster was happy for her. Matt offered to watch Amelia while they packed up her stuff.

A few hours later, Sylvie and Foster were putting the last box into the car.

"I'm gonna miss you!" Sylvie said.

"Same girl, but we'll still see each other at shift."

"Yeah" Sylvie replied.

Sylvie watched at Foster drove away. She started to walk back to the building until Matt pulled up. They decided tomorrow, since it's their day off, to move in Matt's boxes. She watched at Matt grabbed Amelia out of the car seat and wrapped her in his arms.