The Fight Begins

Authors note: Hey guys, thank you for staying with me this far, I really hope you enjoy the story and chapter!

She puts her lips to his and starts to unbutton his shirt. Matt immediately take a step back, and he buttons his shirt back up.

"Not like this Sylvie." He says

She has a sad look on her face and heads toward the bedroom. Matt gets her in bed and turns off the light. He decided to go home so he leaves her a note on the fridge.

Sylvie's POV:

I wake up the next morning with a terrible headache. I don't remember anything past going to Molly's. I get up and get ready for shift. I get Amelia all packed and see the note on the fridge. Matt's gonna meet me at shift.

Foster gets up and meets me by her car. I give her directions to drop Amelia off. A little while later we arrive at the firehouse. I hop out and head to the locker room. I don't see Matt though so after I put my stuff in my locker I head to his quarters.

I open the door and say "Hey"

"Hey" he replied with a smile.

"I have a terrible headache from last night" I said as I moved to the cot.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" He asked, starting to walk towards me. He sits next to me and I reply with,

"Not anything after Molly's"

"Ah" He said with a smile.

"What?"

"Nothing" he said as he kissed my head and pulled me tighter. Our moments interrupted by a call. We both stand up and run toward the rigs.

"Be careful" I say

"You too" he replies.

We pull up to a guy who's stuck on a bridge above a lake. The cement under him is quickly breaking.

General POV:

"Squad tie him up before we lose him. Brett and Foster get ready for him, he looks beat up pretty bad." Boden yells.

As soon as he finishes his sentence the cement breaks. He's trying to swim but is struggling. Casey and Severide exchange a look and before we know it, they're strapped on and jumped off the bridge.

Sylvie's heart stops beating as Matt goes down. She's knows he's done stuff like this before but she's still worried.

"It's gonna be fine" Foster says with a smile. The next thing they know Matt has the victim strapped to him and Severide's coming right behind him.

They rush the guy to med and then head back to the house. Matt's standing by the door waiting for her.

"Hey" He says as he wraps his arms around her.

"Hey" She says as she leans into his arms.

He grabs her hand and leads them to his quarters. He sits down on his cot and pulls her in his lap.

"I was so worried about you, Matt"

"You're not getting rid of me that easily" He says with a chuckled. She turns around and kisses him. She can't help but smile. He is the one. Their kiss is interrupted by yelling in the common room. Matt grabs her waist and stands up. He grabs her hand and they walk into the common room. They see the chief lying on the floor.