Telling The House

Authors Note: Now with Matt and Sylvie together I don't know how much longer I will continue this story. But there will be at least a few more!

General POV:

It's been an hour since Matt left. She's starting to get worried.

She put Amelia back in the crib and decides to call Matt. She turns around and hear a ringing phone, it's Matt's.

Sylvie's POV:

Why has Matt been gone so long? Does he want to break up? We've only been together a day, and I already messed it up. The one person in my life I truly love is gone. I start crying and don't stop. Another half hour has passed and nothing.

Then all of a sudden someone comes through the door. But it's not Matt. I immediately stand up and face him, he's wearing a mask. He's tall with big biceps. I immediately run to Amelia's room and lock the door. I grab her and hold her tight to my chest. I call 9-1-1 and tell them someone broke in, they said they have an officer on the way. They doorknob keeps turning, he's trying to get in here. I continue crying with Amelia in my arms, if only Matt was here. My thoughts are cut off by the door opening again, I hope it was the guy leaving but it isn't.

"Hey!" I heard someone yelling, it was Matt.

I stand up with Amelia and crack the door open. Matt tackles the guy down and has him pinned. The guys twice Matts size so he can't hold it long. I start sobbing and he looks at me.

Matt's POV:

I walk through the door and I see a strange man in the apartment. I immediately drop what's in my hands and tackle him. He big and strong so I can't hold him down for long. But then I see Sylvie crying with Amelia in her arms, and that gives me all the strength I need.

I quickly punch the guy in the gut and pin him down once again but this time it holds. A few seconds later the police come in and he's in handcuffs. I quickly run over to Sylvie and Amelia and pull then in for a hug.

General POV:

"Matt" Sylvie cries.

"I know. I'm here." Matt says

"It all happened so quickly."

"I'm so sorry I wasn't here earlier. I went to grab breakfast and there was a long wait. Then I went to the store to grab sprinkles cause I know you like those on your pancakes. I-"

"It's okay Matt, it's not your fault. It's been a rough week. Everything's changed so fast."

"There will always be one thing that will not change. I will never leave your guy's side again." He said as he kissed Sylvie and grabbed Amelia from her arms. He bounced her around and made her laugh. Sylvie watched and smiled, she suddenly forgot about everything that just happened.

The next day, they had the same old routine. They dropped Amelia off, and went to shift. They went there separate ways when all of a sudden Severide approaches Matt.

"Where have you been?" Severide asks.

"What do you mean?" Casey replies

"You haven't been home for the past few nights."

"What are you keeping tabs on me now?"

"Where have you been, have you been with a lady friend?" Severide teases.

"I-"

Saved by the bell. The call went well and they made it back in no time. Sylvie walks into the common room and sits next to Thomas, it was his last day before Foster came back. A little while later she went to see Matt in his quarters.

She wrapped her arm around his chest and stole a kiss. He immediately turned around and pulled her in his lap.

"Hey!" She said playfully.

He chuckled but didn't let go.

"I actually wanted to talk to you." He said.

"Yeah?"

"Severide is starting to get suspicious about why I haven't been home. So I think we should tell everyone. I know we haven't really talked about it but I don't want to have to avoid you in front of everyone, and I want to be able to call you my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" She said surprisingly.

"Unless you don't want-"

"It's perfect." She said as she kissed him. "So that makes you, Matt Casey, my boyfriend." She said with a smile.

"I guess so." He chuckled.

"Come on!" She said as she tried to pull him up.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"To tell Boden so we can tell everyone else."

Before he could respond she was out the door. They both stood in front of the door and Matt knocked.

"Come in" Boden said.

"Hey, cheif we wanted to talk to you about something. Brett and I are dating." Matt said.

Then there was silence. Sylvie grabbed Matt's hand as they waited for an answer.

"Well isn't it about time" Boden tells them. "I assume this won't affect your job"

"Of course not sir." They both say.

"We also plan to tell the rest of the house today." Sylvie adds.

"Go ahead." Boden tells them.

They both smile and head to the common room.

"If we could have your guys attention" Matt says.

Everyone looked at them waiting for someone to say something.

"Matt and I are dating" Sylvie blurts out.

There's cheers around the room and people saying it's about time.

They both chuckle and receive multiple hugs. A little while later they pick up Amelia and head home.

"You're back!" Sylvie shouts.

"Yep!" Foster replies.

Sylvie quickly handed Amelia to Matt and then ran to big Foster.

"So fill me on what I missed!" Foster said

"Well that's a long story" Sylvie replied. "But I'll give you the gist. So first it all started with Amelia but you knew that. Then Amelia got sick and we had to rush her to the hospital but she's fine. Then Matt had a building collapse in him and later that night we had the fire alarm go off but it was just a little kid that pulled it. Then me and Matt had a building collapse on us, on a call. But we're both fine. Then earlier today someone broke into the apartment while I was here, but he was caught. Oh I almost forgot the most exciting part, Matt and I are dating!"

"Oh my god, I'm gone for like 3 days and I miss all this!!!! Are you sure you two are okay?"

"We're fine." Sylvie replies

"Hey, why don't I take Amelia and you guys can have a girls night?" Matt asks

"Really? That would be amazing!" Brett says

"Yeah, I'll stay here with her and you two go out!"

Sylvie and Foster jump up and down, then go get ready. They go see a movie and then go to Molly's. Meanwhile Matt's having fun with Amelia and put her in her crib to sleep. He sits on the couch waiting for them to come back.

Then the door is barged open. Sylvie's stumbling and Fosters holding her up. Matt runs over to grab Sylvie, and asks "How many drinks did you guys have?"

"Well we kind of lost track, but this one is completely out of it." Foster replies. Then she heads to her room, leaving Sylvie and Matt alone.

"Hey, I like you!" Sylvie exclaims.

Matt chuckled, drunk Sylvie is something else. He starts to lead her to her room when she stops him. She puts her lips to his and starts to unbutton his shirt.

Authors note: Sorry it took so long to publish this one but I hope you liked it. See you on the next one!