Grim Reaper's Handmaiden [Gri...

By Kuppuruchi

As a human, I've always wondered what's life after death. It's always there at the back of my mind. Will I as... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27.1
Chapter 27.2
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 32

1.3K 48 63
By Kuppuruchi

I stepped into the room and instantly found Lucifer seated back on his throne. The malicious smirk never left his lips as he crossed his legs with his elbows resting against the armrest of his grand throne.

“Now, we can talk without any bother.” Lucifer said grinning like a mad man that he is. I furrowed my brows in discontentment.

“Now, now. Don’t be upset.” He said snapping his fingers and a human briskly appeared holding a bottle of wine.

The human led me towards a table and her noticeably shaking hands successfully poured me some wine onto the glass.

Good thing she didn’t spilt anything or I wouldn’t even dare to wonder what punishment she’d have, though the visible fresh slits on her arms and legs pretty much sums it up.

I’m fed up from seeing the humans in his castle with fresh cuts and bruises and depleted spirits everytime I come for errands.

I pulled out the summary document from my cape and placed it on the table as I immediately guzzled the whole glass before fixing my gaze towards Lucifer.

“Now where were we?” He muttered to himself as he whirled the contents of the wine in his glass.

“Right. Do you have a wild guess as to why her hair and eyes went silver?” Lucifer asked as I squinted my eyes.

I stared at his bloody painted eyes not daring to answer that easily, not knowing what might he be mischievously planning behind my back.

In fact, I don’t have a single clue as to why something peculiar like that happened. Not even once from any of my underlings had the same case or anyone from the underworld for that matter, only in accordance with the extent of my knowledge.

So, either Lucifer knows something that I don't or he's bluffing.

“I’ll take that as a no.” He said, taking a sip from his wine. I studied him as he stared at the wine in his glass far too long while my curiosity grows, making every passing second unbearable.

“You.. You don’t bear any feelings for that human do you?” Lucifer questioned. The smirk in his lips faded and soon turned into a fine line.

I raised my brow in confusion as to what he meant. Chevel is one of my underlings, just like Dicarius and everyone else. I handle them with utmost care unlike the filthy beings in this castle.

“She is my underling. You know my reasons well, Lucifer.” I responded and as if he’s satisfied with my answer, he chuckled direfully that echoed throughout the room.

“Then.." He uttered with gritted teeth as he looked at me with murderous eyes.

"Tell me why you sought her lips?” Lucifer said with enraged tone and dilated eyes.

My eyes widened as the memory flashed back in my mind. I did pressed my lips against Chevel’s but that’s only because she had a strangely unstable soul.

Centuries ago, the underworld is governed by a group of knowledgeable and experienced demons known as elders. They existed long enough to be worthy of ruling the underworld and they ruled long before Lucifer was hailed king. During their time, there wasn't any slavery and there's peace. Although, It didn't last very long.

I’ve incidentally heard once from the elders of the underworld that pressing once lips against a human will effortlessly take its soul in the underworld.

It wasn’t my intention to eavesdrop from their conversation but I brought the information with me until I have the chance to use it.

Humans with unstable souls only appear once every century and unfortunately I stumbled upon one.

I don’t really understand what’s the big deal with practicing what the elders have said and why Lucifer seems infuriated about the matter.

“And what’s that got to do with her appearance?” I responded back with a question, which made him further fume in anger.

“I see you have no knowledge of the mess you've made." Lucifer answered. I furrowed my brows as I watch his hands form into fists against the armrest.

"I don't quite understand what you're trying to say." I responded. I felt my breath getting heavier every second as I wait for answers.

"You just passed demonic powers onto a mere mortal the moment you decided to do your little gesture!” Lucifer said with a ferocious tone as he sprung up from his throne.

My breath hitched upon hearing his words. Is he playing with me or is he being serious? With Lucifer you can’t really tell but today, his dreadful presence filled the place.

And not once, did his voice gave a hint of falsity.

“And let me inform you.” He said pacing slowly towards the table I’m seated in.

“That human is not the first case.” He continued and I instantly stood up furiously from my seat.

Nothing, not any of the words that came out his mouth made any sense. If Chevel wasn’t the first case then why haven’t I saw anyone with the same features?

“Now, will you answer my question?” Lucifer asked sternly even though he probably already knew the answer.

I closed my eyes, composing myself. I can’t believe I’ve been ignorant with a lot of things.

“She has an unstable soul that’s why I’ve practiced the elder’s teachings.” I answered as truthfully as I can, aiming to gain the information he has in his hands.

Lucifer’s features instantly tensed upon hearing my words. I wouldn’t be surprised since the elders opposed his family's propositions.

“Those drat elders. Good thing, I’ve gotten rid of every single one of them.” He said with gritted teeth, his anger visibly showing in his features.

When I first arrived in the underworld, I’ve met the elders that were imprisoned in the basement of this castle.

Now, they're all dead.

Lucifer’s family greatly disagree with their teachings. That’s all I’ve known until now but I can sense that there’s still a lot of gap missing and a lot of things I need to figure out.

“They’re dumb to think that it’s possible for a human and a demon to live equally alongside each other.” Lucifer mumbled, making my eyes dart towards him.

The elders wanted such a thing?

In the underworld, it is by nature that creatures born in this realm are considered the highest in the hierarchy and humans as the lowest. Although there wasn't slavery during the elder's time, the hierarchy was still followed.

Lucifer must’ve seen my dazed state and he surprisingly filled the gaps for me.

“Since you've been truthful to me, I will fill you in with hatred towards the elders.” Lucifer said with excitingly dilated eyes.

I should’ve known. He wanted to tell me about the elders in order to mark hatred towards them. Nonetheless, I stayed silent wanting to know more about the elder’s plans.

“The elders have always wanted for humans and demons to live equally and so, they’ve mustered up a plan.” Lucifer began as I attentively listened to his words.

“They overthrown our law and taught their offsprings to treat humans equally the same and it wasn’t long till the dreaded day came.” He inhaled deeply, anger evident in his features as if he remembered exactly the events that happened a long time ago.

Lucifer's family were one of the sacred descendants that are at the highest hierarchy in the underworld and therefore have massive influence over the land. They lead the rebellion against the elders and most underworld creatures followed them and some forcedly followed. Not long till the elders were massacred for overthrowing the hierarchy in the underworld.

“A demon and a human obnoxiously bear feelings for each other and disgustingly formed a family.” Lucifer said with repugnance.

My eyes grew in surprise as I struggled to dissolve the words in my mind.

It can’t be.

A demon and a human? It’s not possible.

“That’s when humans began harboring demonic powers. Soon enough, they learned that just by grazing the lips of demons, humans can possess our powers or become even more powerful than ours. The effect of our powers turned their hair and eyes silver.” Lucifer said and the sudden realization of Chevel’s state ran through my mind.

I shared my powers with Chevel without the both of us knowing, though I haven’t seen her do something out of the ordinary. I guess she doesn’t have any idea about it just like me.

I darted my gaze back to Lucifer waiting for the answers to my questions.

“That’s when my family seek rebellion and I was hailed king.” He said with a sinister grin and disappointment visibly showed in my features.

It wasn’t the answer I was looking for.

In fact, in the back of my mind I wanted to know if they successfully bore a child and what has become of that child.

“You’re probably wondering why you haven’t heard nor saw anyone with  silver features.” Lucifer said as a smirk formed in his lips yet again.

I squinted my eyes anticipating the next words coming out of his mouth.

“It was kept as a secret in my family all along.” He said raspingly with a devilish smirk.

His enjoyment of giving sufferings and playing with words utterly annoys me.

"But because I consider you as family, I can partly share it with you." Lucifer said. I furrowed my brows as his smirk suddenly grew in satisfaction.

The next words he uttered formed an intense ringing in my head.

“They’re all dead.” He said with a blissful expression on his face, his eyes dilated as he laughed sinisterly that echoed throughout the room.

A/N: 7k reads! Unbelievable {ಥ_ಥ} I can't believe we're continually growing. Thank you so much loves!! 💌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177 0 32
------------- "Why're you staring at me?" I ask teasingly. I hear him letting out a breath, of embarrassment or guilt I don't know. "I may have unint...
95.3K 2.4K 25
Do yourself a favor... Go read "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse" and/or "Messing with the Supernatural" This story is more dead than my will to...
673 16 20
You have just died,you wake up in hell?Well you expected to go and end up in hell anyways so it didn't matter to you.You had a chance to redeem yours...
462 76 50
This story is for 17+ only ! contains - demons and angels - magic - alcoholic drinks -epic battles This is a book about Gatekeepers, TimeKeepers, A...